Author Topic: What will happen after Rondo is traded  (Read 9409 times)

Re: What will happen after Rondo is traded
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
We might never hear from BBtim again.  Not sure if he only likes Rondo or is a Celtics fan

I am pretty sure this short post breaks about 2 rules on celtic blog.

I've had a growing suspicion BBall Tim and Triboy16 are the same person. They are each others perfect foil and neither one will ever back down in the Rondo argument. Now it just remains to be seen who came first, BBallTim and his love for Rondo or triboy and his hate. I doubt they even really know anymore.

I'm convinced that every poster here that's not me is just Roy Hobbs wearing a series of different hats.

Your going to get a warning from RH in 3..2...

This is Roy Hobbs and I am warning you!!!

edit:  Whoops, forgot which log in I was now.  Let me try another one.
no!!! I'M roy hobbs and i am warning both you, and myself.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
1) Assist #'s take a hit
2) Zeller's production goes down
3) defense probably stays the same
4) points in the paints decrease
5) Jeff Green, Bass, Thornton and Turner will be next
6) rebuilding process may be longer than we expected
So far this year, statistically, when Rondo is off the court

1. assists go down 10%
3. defense is marginally better
4. points in the paint go down 15%
offense is also marginally better in points per possession

Can't speak to the rest of them.

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
We might never hear from BBtim again.  Not sure if he only likes Rondo or is a Celtics fan

I've had a growing suspicion BBall Tim and Triboy16 are the same person. They are each others perfect foil and neither one will ever back down in the Rondo argument. Now it just remains to be seen who came first, BBallTim and his love for Rondo or triboy and his hate. I doubt they even really know anymore.

I'm convinced that every poster here that's not me is just Roy Hobbs wearing a series of different hats.

His name is Roy Hobbes. His Name is Roy Hobbes. His Name is Roy Hobbes. His Name is Roy Hobbes.

edit: if Rondo really is traded it might finally take the Perkins shouldn't have been traded discussion out to pasture.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

His name is Roy Hobbes. His Name is Roy Hobbes. His Name is Roy Hobbes. His Name is Roy Hobbes.

edit: if Rondo really is traded it might finally take the Perkins shouldn't have been traded discussion out to pasture.
Don't get them Perk guys started.

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
There will be weeping and a great gnashing of teeth.

No room on the tank ark?

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 05:32:02 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If we get Brandan Wright, we will be a much better team.

Ah, for the good old days, when you could taketh TPs. Trading Rondo for Wright and his remaining years puts us in the tank with Philly.

Want to bet?

Wright is shooting 75% from the field, 75% from the line, and is averaging 1.6 blocks a game in only 18 minutes.

Sure when he is surrounded by elite options like Dirk, Ellis and Parsons. 

Good luck getting those openings on a Celtics team without someone worthy of double teaming.

He is what he is.  A good role player off the bench.  He is a terrible return for Rondo.

Wright is a very good rim protector.
I'll take him over a below average point guard any day.

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Ah, for the good old days, when you could taketh TPs. Trading Rondo for Wright and his remaining years puts us in the tank with Philly.

Want to bet?

Wright is shooting 75% from the field, 75% from the line, and is averaging 1.6 blocks a game in only 18 minutes.

Good luck getting those openings on a Celtics team without someone worthy of double teaming.

He is what he is.  A good role player off the bench.  He is a terrible return for Rondo.

Chris, what you should be saying is:  see I told you so, Rondo isn't worth very much. 

On the other hand, this deal isn't done and the big picture isn't close to played out, so I still have faith in Danny.

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 06:03:20 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Want to bet?

Chris, what you should be saying is:  see I told you so, Rondo isn't worth very much. 

On the other hand, this deal isn't done and the big picture isn't close to played out, so I still have faith in Danny.

Supposedly the deal is Wright plus a first.
I am good with that.