Author Topic: What will happen after Rondo is traded  (Read 9369 times)

Re: What will happen after Rondo is traded
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 01:07:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We might never hear from BBtim again.  Not sure if he only likes Rondo or is a Celtics fan

I am pretty sure this short post breaks about 2 rules on celtic blog.

I've had a growing suspicion BBall Tim and Triboy16 are the same person. They are each others perfect foil and neither one will ever back down in the Rondo argument. Now it just remains to be seen who came first, BBallTim and his love for Rondo or triboy and his hate. I doubt they even really know anymore.

I'm convinced that every poster here that's not me is just Roy Hobbs wearing a series of different hats.

Your going to get a warning from RH in 3..2...

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 01:12:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
We might never hear from BBtim again.  Not sure if he only likes Rondo or is a Celtics fan

I've had a growing suspicion BBall Tim and Triboy16 are the same person. They are each others perfect foil and neither one will ever back down in the Rondo argument. Now it just remains to be seen who came first, BBallTim and his love for Rondo or triboy and his hate. I doubt they even really know anymore.

I'm convinced that every poster here that's not me is just Roy Hobbs wearing a series of different hats.

Your going to get a warning from RH in 3..2...

This is Roy Hobbs and I am warning you!!!

edit:  Whoops, forgot which log in I was now.  Let me try another one.

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 01:12:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'm pretty sure most of us are just characters created by Jeff to increase clicks and ad revenue by arguing with one another in original forum content. 

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 01:27:16 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If we get Brandan Wright, we will be a much better team.

Ah, for the good old days, when you could taketh TPs. Trading Rondo for Wright and his remaining years puts us in the tank with Philly.

Want to bet?

Wright is shooting 75% from the field, 75% from the line, and is averaging 1.6 blocks a game in only 18 minutes.

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 01:31:05 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Ah, for the good old days, when you could taketh TPs. Trading Rondo for Wright and his remaining years puts us in the tank with Philly.

Want to bet?

Wright is shooting 75% from the field, 75% from the line, and is averaging 1.6 blocks a game in only 18 minutes.

Sure when he is surrounded by elite options like Dirk, Ellis and Parsons. 

Good luck getting those openings on a Celtics team without someone worthy of double teaming.

He is what he is.  A good role player off the bench.  He is a terrible return for Rondo. 

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Want to bet?

Sure when he is surrounded by elite options like Dirk, Ellis and Parsons. 

Good luck getting those openings on a Celtics team without someone worthy of double teaming.

He is what he is.  A good role player off the bench.  He is a terrible return for Rondo.

So what? He's getting open looks and easy garbage buckets. You can't run an offense through him, he doesn't have an outside shot, and his post moves aren't very good either. He also doesn't rebound all that well. He is good at what he does in the limited minutes he plays on a contending team with better options in front of him.

He is what he is.  A good role player off the bench.  He is a terrible return for Rondo. Sums it up perfectly.

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 01:49:09 PM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
I really think that it will be a three team trade involving mavs and phoenix

to mavs: Rondo ... a coup for the mavs

to Phoenix:  Bass and one of mavs point guards

to Bos: Brandon Wright and Isaiah Thomas and a mavs first round pick

Now if we can get the lakers pick from phoenix then I would consider trading sullinger instead of bass.  I really like Bass and think he fits stevens system as he has shown.

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I'm pretty sure most of us are just characters created by Jeff to increase clicks and ad revenue by arguing with one another in original forum content.

I'll believe this when I see a guy with a Tony Clifton avatar.

Just to avoid consistently derailing, if Rondo is traded we'll get one last glorious burst of pro/anti-Rondo squabbling, followed by intermittent aftershocks of nitpicking Rondo/whoever we get for him's performance post-trade.  By the end of next season he'll pretty much be an afterthought here like KG+Pierce are now.

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 02:04:16 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
It means our rebuild time just went from 2-3 years to 5-6 years.

Foolish response. This is a good team without Rondo. A better team actually. Rondo is not going to bring in anyone from the outside. Btw we are in 9th place now and will fight for 8th place

If DA ends up trading Rondo, he will likely move bass and green as well.  It will mean a full on rebuild, and will take longer than it would have if we would have paired some other players w/ Rondo, Green, Sully, KO.

What is really foolish is thinking that our team, especially without RR, J Green is going to do anything this year.  If those trades happen, they are happening because we are going full rebuild and will be closer to a top level lotto pick than to a low playoff seed.

This is your prediction. While bass and even thornton are likely to be traded,  green does not have to be.  Unlike Rondo he has the ability to bring in guys like Hibbert, Monroe .

Green is in great shape and i dont mind giving him a 4 year deal at 14 million a year.

I agree with Blink. If Rondo do get traded, Green will be gone in the near future. Trading Rondo in my honest opinion means a complete rebuild, and going with the youth movement. Green, like Rondo is 28. If you are starting fresh I see Danny trading away

Rondo
Green
Bass are all goners

Thorton isn't part of our future imo, so he's a goner
Wallace will be an expiring contract soon, so he'll be gone as well

Once that is all said and done, our rebuild time really just went from 2-3 years to 5-6 years. When you axe actual serviceable players away, this team will suck even more than they do right now

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Celtics had a very difficult schedule for the first few weeks of the season and I fully expect Celtics W-L record will improve as season goes on if Rondo is kept. If Rondo is traded, I expect Celtics to maintain current winning percentage (26-29 win pace, mid-lottery). If Ainge makes further trades after moving Rondo (like trading J.Green, B.Bass), Boston could drop down to low 20s win pace and be in the running for a top 5 pick (high lottery).

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is Roy Hobbs and I am warning you!!!

edit:  Whoops, forgot which log in I was now.  Let me try another one.

That was a classic.  TP

I think Ainge knows we have some prospects on the team but they are not alpha class prospects.   We can't add 1 or 2 pieces and win, so the long rebuild goes into affect and trades will happen all over.

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 02:32:38 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Moving rondo will barely impact our performance. Sorry, but we have several years of evidence now that Rondo just doesn't make much of a dent. Two most notable examples are when he went down with his injury in the midst of his best season. The team was under .500 and suddenly played efficient offense and made the playoffs by leaning on pierce more.  Then last season , the team was 6-24 in games rondo played.  We were horrible. 

It should make no impact. Team was bad before and will be bad after.  There's a reason why rondos trade value is a late 1st rounder and a veteran backup.  Teams realize he's a niche player who is only really valuable when surrounded with superstar talent like dirk.
If we trade Rondo we also trade Green. Between the two of them there has to be a negative impact on performance.
I keep hearing this.  What's the rationale?  Why, if we trade Rondo, do we also have to trade Green?

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
1) Assist #'s take a hit
2) Zeller's production goes down
3) defense probably stays the same
4) points in the paints decrease
5) Jeff Green, Bass, Thornton and Turner will be next
6) rebuilding process may be longer than we expected

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 02:34:02 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I really think that it will be a three team trade involving mavs and phoenix

to mavs: Rondo ... a coup for the mavs

to Phoenix:  Bass and one of mavs point guards

to Bos: Brandon Wright and Isaiah Thomas and a mavs first round pick

Now if we can get the lakers pick from phoenix then I would consider trading sullinger instead of bass.  I really like Bass and think he fits stevens system as he has shown.
This would be a sweet deal.  Sign me up!  Not sure why Phoenix would do it.

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
There will be weeping and a great gnashing of teeth.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.