Author Topic: Ainge on 98.5 now  (Read 3713 times)

Ainge on 98.5 now
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:08:30 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Talking about the rumors

Re: Ainge on 98.5 now
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:26:18 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Tommy Points awarded for any synopses.  Of course, he's an expert in not saying much, but...

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:26:56 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Sounds to me like he will be traded.  Definitely the first time I have heard ainge not shy away from rondo rumors. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sounds to me like he will be traded.  Definitely the first time I have heard ainge not shy away from rondo rumors.

What is he saying? Can you list somethings from the conversation if possible

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:29:55 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach  ·  9m 9 minutes ago
Ainge basically saying something could happen at any moment … or never. So, we're back where we started, as if there were any other way.

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach  ·  12m 12 minutes ago
Ainge says he'd like to see Rondo shoot more. "I know he can shoot it, but he just loves passing." #LoveActually

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach  ·  13m 13 minutes ago
And … RT @KBergCBS: Source: With Celtics engaged in trade talks, Rondo is 'open' to re-signing in Dallas or Houston. http://cbsprt.co/1zzGZWd

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach  ·  15m 15 minutes ago
Ainge's priorities in trade market: 1) "stars" 2) "draft picks" and 3) "good, solid players."

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
How successful could C's be w/o Rondo this season? "I don't know," said Ainge. "That's a good question." Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
Ainge says 99 out of 100 trade talks never happen, so there's no reason to discuss them with a player before it's a done deal.

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
Ainge: "I expect a lot of trade rumors over the next couple months, for sure."

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach  ·  21m 21 minutes ago
Ainge on Rondo rumors: "I wouldn't say it's any different from any year. … We're having a lot of discussions, just like we do every year."

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 09:30:46 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
- Said he wants stars to help us win

Preference of what he is looking for in return when he does trades

- Star players
- Draft picks
- solid players

He hasn't had extension talks with Rondo because it benefits Rondo financially to wait until the off-season

Has no timetable for a trade , or sure anything will actually happen

- Doesn't know if Smart can take over yet because he has played so few mins this year .

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
When Stein, Wojo, Berger and Spears all report the same thing, I would say it's a pretty safe bet that the C's are getting pretty close to moving him.  I wonder if he is gone by the end of the day...

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 09:36:38 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Pretty good interview. Some interesting insights on Ray Allen. Claimed he never told him that he's traded, only that he has a deal lined up. Backed out of the deal because (a) it wasn't a "blockbuster", and (b) Allen didn't want to leave.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 09:48:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
When Stein, Wojo, Berger and Spears all report the same thing, I would say it's a pretty safe bet that the C's are getting pretty close to moving him.  I wonder if he is gone by the end of the day...

I think so.

Especially with rondo ok with resigning with dallas or rockets. (Danny was waiting after rondo press and prob told him whats going on and if he be willing go resign with a list of teams)

Tjones and a 1st . If not capela or wright and 2 1st. Thats my guess

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47

I think so.

Especially with rondo ok with resigning with dallas or rockets. (Danny was waiting after rondo press and prob told him whats going on and if he be willing go resign with a list of teams)

I'd much rather have TJones over Wright. Wright has been in the league for a while now and seem like a below average player. Either draft pick would be a late first round.

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I think so.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Ariza, Beverly, and a 1st from Houston or Ellis, Villanueva and a 1st from Dallas. I don't think stocking up on even more undersized bigs does anything for us.

Now, if there was a way to pry Montiejunas...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny has gone from "rondo is not availble" last month to we
We are currently talking to teams

Yup he cant be trusted lol

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 10:01:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think so.

I'd much rather have TJones over Wright. Wright has been in the league for a while now and seem like a below average player. Either draft pick would be a late first round.

But Wright is a blossoming center.

That one had to be leaked by the Mavs.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Danny has gone from "rondo is not availble" last month to we
We are currently talking to teams
You insist on passing this fiction for fact, even though you've been clearly demonstrated that this is not true. Good job, good effort.

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/12/18/celtics-ainge-every-intention-of-finding-star-players/

“I think Celtics fans want to see good team basketball and winning basketball,” said Ainge. “We need to start moving in that direction. I don’t know if stars are required. It’s assumed in the NBA that stars are needed, and that’s true, but there have been some successful teams without a star. But I have every intention of finding stars; great players who have a positive effect on winning.

“Not stars who people want to watch, but stars who help with winning basketball,” he said.

Thats what i want also. I would exchange  Rondo's triple doubles for wins