Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 110736 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #360 on: December 18, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It's not a big deal. Rondo has been dealing with trade rumors for years. I doubt it will play a role in whether or not to resign here, and in any case the team can just offer him a no trade clause if they really want to keep him.

It's not like this hasn't happened before, bro. Triboy is just fantasizing about a life without Rondo. You really should not take anything he says on Rondo seriously because he is one of the most biased posted on the board in that regard.

Don't be mean.

Nothing I said there is mean, so I don't know what you're talking about. Triboy obviously has a clear bias against Rondo, so why should anyone care what he has to say about Rondo? He's just a broken record anyways.

It's not mean. It's reality.
There are many posters who's opinions on various players are, to my mind, on a variable scale of validity. That doesn't mean that their contributions aren't valuable.

I would also posit that most people posting on CB (or anywhere else on the internet, for that matter) have very little insight into the mechanisms that drive NBA front offices -- what you so flippantly call 'reality' -- so using that as a barometer for what to pay attention to is probably a flawed method of engaging in interesting and enlightening discourse.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #361 on: December 18, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
what a double post.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #362 on: December 18, 2014, 04:46:50 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
You're better than that, D.o.s.

(whose, not who's)

« Reply #363 on: December 18, 2014, 04:50:08 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
UPDATE :

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ?  1m 1 minute ago

Dallas is emerging as the frontrunner in pursuit of a deal to acquire Boston's Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

god I hope this doesnt happen

« Reply #364 on: December 18, 2014, 04:50:41 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Talks seem to be progressing a lot faster than I anticipated.

« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
It's not a big deal. Rondo has been dealing with trade rumors for years. I doubt it will play a role in whether or not to resign here, and in any case the team can just offer him a no trade clause if they really want to keep him.

It's not like this hasn't happened before, bro. Triboy is just fantasizing about a life without Rondo. You really should not take anything he says on Rondo seriously because he is one of the most biased posted on the board in that regard.

Don't be mean.

Nothing I said there is mean, so I don't know what you're talking about. Triboy obviously has a clear bias against Rondo, so why should anyone care what he has to say about Rondo? He's just a broken record anyways.

There are many posters who's opinions on various players are, to my mind, on a variable scale of validity. That doesn't mean that their contributions aren't valuable.

I would also posit that most people posting on CB (or anywhere else on the internet, for that matter) have very little insight into the mechanisms that drive NBA front offices -- what you so flippantly call 'reality' -- so using that as a barometer for what to pay attention to is probably a flawed method of engaging in interesting and enlightening discourse.

I just think that at the end of the day, we're all Fans. But even with that, you try to have discussions here on the Blog that lead to some substantive conclusion.

Kadin's posts do cut to the point, in that "some" posters on here do appear to have a bias against certain players. That is TOTALLY ok.

BUT - to refuse to engage with posters who may have OPPOSING viewpoints about a player is disrespectful, and I've seen it on here recently.

Me? If anyone here has even remotely followed my posts, I am an ardent Rondo supporter and believe that Ainge can build around him. BUT - I do recognize his flaws.

I also recognize the flaws of other top PGs around the NBA, too.

I believe that the perennial Rondo-Traders need to be reminded that "some" of us here do in fact want him to stay - and our views need to be respected as well.

« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Dallas is emerging as the frontrunner in pursuit of a deal to acquire Boston's Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I am mentally preparing myself to be underwhelmed by the return. Hopefully a third team wants Wright and we can get a young asset for him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #367 on: December 18, 2014, 04:52:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
UPDATE :

Dont expect Rondo to play Fri as a Celt.

« Reply #368 on: December 18, 2014, 04:52:40 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Lakers and Knicks declined to be part of three-way deals that could've sent Rondo elsewhere, league sources tell Yahoo.

Wojo

« Reply #369 on: December 18, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
UPDATE :

Dont expect Rondo to play Fri as a Celt.

Will you wear a Rondo Jersey if he's still in BOS on Fri?

« Reply #370 on: December 18, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

I am mentally preparing myself to be underwhelmed by the return. Hopefully a third team wants Wright and we can get a young asset for him.

If this happens, I need two firsts plus Wright to be re-routed, as you said. Not immediately, but start him and build up his trade value only to ship him at the deadline.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #371 on: December 18, 2014, 04:54:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Monta Ellis would be very good alongside Marcus Smart in the backcourt.

« Reply #372 on: December 18, 2014, 04:55:04 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29

Don't be mean.

Actually, the point I'm trying to make is that it has very little to do with NBA front offices or even basketball in general. It has to do with logic. If you already know that somebody desperately wants to see Rondo get traded, why would you put much stock into the posts that person makes? 75% of Triboys posts are about trading Rondo is some way. It makes sense that someone who is looking for an actual position on the issue based on something other than personal desires to see him gone would look for that from someone else.

In other words, you're welcome to believe Triboy all you want, but I have to recommend against listening to him at all.

« Reply #373 on: December 18, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Plus this from Woj:

Lakers and Knicks declined to be part of three-way deals that could've sent Rondo elsewhere, league sources tell Yahoo.

I wondered if the Cs might try to get the Knicks to be a third team here. Presumably Ainge is canvasing the Eastern Conference for a team that would be open to shulffling the deck, while not minding giving an assist to Dallas.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
I sure as hell hope that there is a third party involved if this DAL rumor is true.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team