Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 110876 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2014, 03:23:43 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I have checked it many times as Dalembert was a constant trade offering in my fantasy league last year. Multiple time I almost pulled the trigger but his play just wasn't that good. If Dalembert was rebounding like Dallas and Carlise needed him to rebound then why did they get bumped in the first round and then trade him to NY for a better center?

Like Kozlodoev said, I don't think Brandan Wright is a bad player. But in a trade for Rondo I would expect a lot more. And for our particular squad I don't see Wright succeeding due to being our 5th big man and not playing well for a rebuilding team where his role will most likely be expected to increase.

Holy mother of god...You use fantasy league value to form opinions here? I just...I don't know what to say. That is astounding. I can't even...yep, no words.

1> Wright doesn't need to be The Player You Build Around. He only needs to be an asset that increases in value given an opportunity to play full-time, to be traded for an even better asset, hopefully for TPYBA. 2> And, lucky for whichever team acquires Wright and puts him to full use, that's an opportunity he didn't get the last four years because -- again -- the big men he was splitting time with were all... established veterans, not just that but all players who had made All Star games, not only that but one of them is Dirk "One of the Best Players Ever" Nowitzki. None of those big men who kept Wright from getting bigger minutes were "journeymen". NONE. Tyson Chandler this year? No. Of course not. They all played well in the time they were alloted. Dalembert, for example, on a per-minute basis had one of his best years. Here, I'll condescend to post the link:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dalemsa01.html

Only pay attention to the per-36 numbers, because for the situation of having multiple big men platooning a position? That is all that matters. In his 20 minutes on the court, he was just as good as a player who in a full game would have averaged 12 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal, on 57% shooting. That is peak Dalembert performance, All Star Dalembert, just reduced minutes. It looks like mediocre crap in a fantasy league, but in real life it's really valuable. Look, surprise, same goes for Brand and Kaman the year before:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2013.html

In their respective 20 minutes per game, they were each producing like efficient double-double borderline All Star caliber players. THAT'S VALUABLE. They produced like that because THEY ARE GOOD, but kind of OLD. Wright also produced like that, too, in similar minutes! Because? Because he is good. He would've played more, but there were older All-Star-ish guys ahead of him whom his coach liked to rely on more, for whatever reason, but including the fact that they were also good. This is not hard to understand. It's simple.

How in the world does such a basic topic need to be covered on a message board with presumably not-illiterate Boston sports fans?

And how can anyone in the world possibly think we'd snag not just Julius Randle but ALSO an unprotected first for Rondo? And that's the LEAST you expect? Are you masochists? Delusional? Both? Do you enjoy being severely disappointed and outraged at your favorite team for no good reason? If not, then set your sights on a realistic return for Rondo. I am a diehard homer. I usually measure Celtics players through green-tinted glasses. But good lord, people, this is beyond pitiful, to the point of horrifying. You are living in a past that won't come back, not if you are hoping for a 7th overall pick from the most recent draft, let alone ANOTHER first, let alone with no protections. Take a good look at what most other teams traditionally get for their NON-underperforming SUPER-stars. Not even that much. You need perspective, or you are all going to be miserable, or make others miserable like you're making me right now. This is painful now, reading this thread, with few exceptions. Please get smarter about the NBA.

p.s. To the Leon Powe guy: Sure, Powe had good per-minute numbers, not as good as Wright's except for one year when he did not play as minutes as Wright. Still, he was good. We saw it.  Then he suffered, as you pointed out, a catastrophic injury. Had he not suffered it, he might have developed into a good full-time starter, if not here then elsewhere. Still, he was not even close to doing what Wright has done at nearly 20 minutes a game for FOUR straight years, especially the last two. Name anyone else in the league who has.

p.p.s. The comment directly above comparing Wright to Gerald Green is excruciatingly empty. Zero evidence, just a bunch of unqualified psychobabble. Are you a licensed therapist? How did you determine that it's more credible for you to armchair-psychoanalyze players than it is for me to use actual tangible facts about on-court production?

Is this thread indicative of the quality of this forum?

Someone's a little hostile.

Anyway, I have no doubt that the Dallas system can produce good numbers from decent big men in limited minutes. You'll find no disagreement there. The question, then, lies in whether or not Wright's performance will translate to a starting gig. I have some questions about whether or not he'd be able to pull it off.

If you actually read the post you would see that I didn't gauge my fantasy league to value an opinion. I used the actual stats and his game play to tell me that he is a journey man who is well past his prime.

Regardless, there is so much wrong with this post that it isn't even worth mine or anyone else's time.

« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Per rumors ,

-lakers have offered nash, 1st and a 2nd round pick

-Mavs wright and 1st.

Im guessing rockets package includes

- capela and 1st

Whoever includes that 2nd 1st wins the race to Rondo?

« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Brandan Wright? Really?

Holy crap, are we trading Rondo just for the sake of trading him?

Oh, and how much more 1st rounders do we need? Dallas' 1st too, which would mean, with Rondo, is what, a late first?

God, I would hate Danny Ainge if he does this...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Brandan Wright? Really?

Holy crap, are we trading Rondo just for the sake of trading him?

Oh, and how much more 1st rounders do we need? Dallas' 1st too, which would mean, with Rondo, is what, a late first?

God, I would hate Danny Ainge if he does this...

Thats why nothing is official yet. Lakers offer sounds decent. Even with rondo they may not even make the playoffs. Not sure if rondo will agree to sign an extension with them though

« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
with Wright making $5M and Rondo $13M, Dallas needs a third team to better the package.     

how about this Detroit idea?
to Celts--  Wright, JSmith, Dal 1st, Det 1st
to Detr--  JGreen, Felton
to Mavs-- Rondo

« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2014, 03:50:51 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
How about a 3 team deal with Charlotte

Celts get Felton, Lance Stephenson and Noah Vonleh
Hornets get Green and Brandon Wright
Dallas gets Rondo

I've put similar three way trades up between BOS/DAL/CHA and it seems nobody is willing to take a chance on Stephenson. I, for one, would love to see a Smart and Stephenson backcourt.

« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2014, 03:51:02 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Saw Indiana mentioned in one rumor.

Hill, Watson, Whittington, 2015 unprotected 1st (currently #9 overall), 2017 1st
<=>
Rondo

Indiana likely would rise a few spots, but at 8-18 I doubt they get higher than #14 pick with Rondo  on board. Next year, George would return and if Rondo signs, they could start Rondo / George / West / Hibbert together.

Boston gets the two picks it is seeking, with one at least mid-round.

« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Hill, Watson, Whittington, 2015 unprotected 1st (currently #9 overall), 2017 1st
<=>
Rondo

Indiana likely would rise a few spots, but at 8-18 I doubt they get higher than #14 pick with Rondo  on board. Next year, George would return and if Rondo signs, they could start Rondo / George / West / Hibbert together.

Source? I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #338 on: December 18, 2014, 03:54:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Per rumors ,

-Mavs wright and 1st.

- capela and 1st

If Houston's deal includes Capela (a young prospect) and the Pelicans first (a late lottery pick), I don't think it would take much more to make Danny bite.

The other deals are awful - would rather just keep Rondo and see what happens with this team (would rather do that anyway - obviously you disagree). If Lakers included Randle and a 'decent' first, that may change things.

On an off note, I keep seeing that LAL can't trade the Hou pick because they have to make a selection this year - didn't they just make one in Randle last year. Where is their 2016 pick headed that they can't trade it to us - that's the one I want anyway.

« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

<=>
Rondo

Why not wait for the deadline to make this deal? 

« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2014, 03:56:17 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

<=>
Rondo

No reason to take the chance that Rondo gets hurt.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #341 on: December 18, 2014, 03:56:58 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

<=>
Rondo

Source? I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Same here, and if Rondo truly wants to win he needs to stay in the Eastern Conference. Larry might believe he can get Rondo to stay.

« Reply #342 on: December 18, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Per rumors ,

-Mavs wright and 1st.

- capela and 1st

If Houston's deal includes Capela (a young prospect) and the Pelicans first (a late lottery pick), I don't think it would take much more to make Danny bite.

The other deals are awful - would rather just keep Rondo and see what happens with this team (would rather do that anyway - obviously you disagree). If Lakers included Randle and a 'decent' first, that may change things.

On an off note, I keep seeing that LAL can't trade the Hou pick because they have to make a selection this year - didn't they just make one in Randle last year. Where is their 2016 pick headed that they can't trade it to us - that's the one I want anyway.

I think Orlando has one of them, either 2016 or 2017.

« Reply #343 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
with Wright making $5M and Rondo $13M, Dallas needs a third team to better the package.     

how about this Detroit idea?
to Celts--  Wright, JSmith, Dal 1st, Det 1st
to Detr--  JGreen, Felton
to Mavs-- Rondo

Noo they dont . come on bro.

They have enough players to make the trade work.

Example Wright, felton, charlie v. Done

« Reply #344 on: December 18, 2014, 04:00:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

<=>
Rondo

No reason to take the chance that Rondo gets hurt.

I agree. Plus gives bs time to build this team without Rondo