Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111239 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2014, 02:47:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo and Green to Milwaukee for Sanders, Parker, and Giannis.
You win my annual "Dreamer" award:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw32fiasUSs

Congrats

« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2014, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Isn't there a CB rule against posting offensive material?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2014, 02:56:04 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
feeling guilty here guys.. I don't like this trade at all but at the same time...I kinda wanna see Rondo play for THAT mavs team.   

but this deal?  at least when we traded Antoine Walker we got Raef Lafrenz back... 

« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
feeling guilty here guys.. I don't like this trade at all but at the same time...I kinda wanna see Rondo play for THAT mavs team.   

but this deal?  at least when we traded Antoine Walker we got Raef Lafrenz back...

I feel the same way.  I have a special affinity for them for when they took down that obnoxious Heat team a few years ago.  I would love Rondo to take down the Cavs

« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2014, 02:59:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just a question that I'm hoping someone with a better understanding of trade restrictions can answer:

If there was a trade on the table with the Lakers (not proposing one nor do I want Rondo in purple and gold nor do I even want him traded), CAN the Lakers even trade their first if they were in a position to keep it due to meeting the restrictions in their deal with PHX?

I would think that with the strung out yearly protections that they couldn't trade the pick until that pick is turned over to PHX since trading this year's pick would prevent them from trading their pick next year if they don't meet the negotiated restrictions. 

Anyone that can provide some clarification/insight into this?

I've seen the trade proposals looping in some assets to Phx to forego the pick but I'm curious if the pick could be traded without having to compensate Phx in some manner.  I have little doubt that adding Rondo will keep LA out of the bottom 5 but was just curious about the trade options if that isn't the case.

« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Assuming the Lakers keep the pick, they can't trade it as a pick (i.e. before the draft), but they can trade the player they draft with that pick. Imagine if Cleveland couldn't trade the #1 pick last year -- they would have still been able to trade Andrew Wiggins.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #321 on: December 18, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Assuming the Lakers keep the pick, they can't trade it as a pick (i.e. before the draft), but they can trade the player they draft with that pick. Imagine if Cleveland couldn't trade the #1 pick last year -- they would have still been able to trade Andrew Wiggins.
They can trade their own pick if they keep Houston's. The issue is with protections they cannot trade either atm because they must have a first round pick this year that they themselves use. (even if they trade that players rights immediately after)

So really they can't trade any good picks. They can offer swaps or one of the two picks if they keep both, but it'd have rolling contingences and conditions.

« Reply #322 on: December 18, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How about a 3 team deal with Charlotte

Celts get Felton, Lance Stephenson and Noah Vonleh
Hornets get Green and Brandon Wright
Dallas gets Rondo

« Reply #323 on: December 18, 2014, 03:09:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
They can trade their own pick if they keep Houston's. The issue is with protections they cannot trade either atm because they must have a first round pick this year that they themselves use. (even if they trade that players rights immediately after)

So really they can't trade any good picks. They can offer swaps or one of the two picks if they keep both, but it'd have rolling contingences and conditions.

Correct.

« Reply #324 on: December 18, 2014, 03:10:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah I don't see the Lakers making much sense for Rondo.

They could be a third team facilitator though.

« Reply #325 on: December 18, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
How about a 3 team deal with Charlotte

Celts get Felton, Lance Stephenson and Noah Vonleh
Hornets get Green and Brandon Wright
Dallas gets Rondo
Not bad..TP for this one
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #326 on: December 18, 2014, 03:18:49 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Sidenote: I turned on Felger & Mazz just now and Felger was ripping on Rondo at a frantic pace with all of his usual talking points. It's pretty transparent that he's realized the days where any of this crap matters to anyone are numbered # Greenteamers# selfishtripledoubles.

« Reply #327 on: December 18, 2014, 03:20:13 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
So in terms of trades, they are saying on weei that a player signed in the offseason isn't eligible to be traded until December 15, and that for a player to be traded at the trade deadline they need to be on the Celtics roster by midnight tonight.  (if they Celtics want to flip whomever they get in a rondo trade)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #328 on: December 18, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account ‏@WojYahooNBA

Sacramento's discussed Rondo w/ Celtics in past, but Boston's asking price is too high for Kings to re-start talks now, sources tell Yahoo.

« Reply #329 on: December 18, 2014, 03:22:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sidenote: I turned on Felger & Mazz just now and Felger was ripping on Rondo at a frantic pace with all of his usual talking points. It's pretty transparent that he's realized the days where any of this crap matters to anyone are numbered # Greenteamers# selfishtripledoubles.
Felger is worthless. And Mazz is annoying as hell.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."