Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111370 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2014, 01:38:37 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I think this story was given to the media to solicit serious offers early on in the process from the other teams.

I don't think the Mavs first Aminu, Wright and Harris is enough for Rondo.

Houston has New Orlean's potential lottery pick this year, that is the asset I'm hoping for in any Rondo deal.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Go get that Pelicans lottery pick, and maybe Terrence Jones, Capela, & Jet. Houston has that Trade Exception, so they could use it on Bass. We also could offer Turner because of his cap friendly contract. 

« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2014, 01:42:36 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
· Western conference is brutal, so a 2015 first from Dallas could be in the low to mid 20's, sure, but if any of Dirk, Chandler, Ellis, or Rondo go down with an injury it's possible the Mavs could slip out of the playoff picture and then it's a lottery pick.
· Conversely, a 2018 first sounds real tempting if you picture the Mavs rebuilding, but that's a lot of time for a team to get lucky in the draft, and Cuban has a lot of money. That pick could be higher than the 2015 pick.
· Rondo's value is not what it used to be, he's older, he's had a major injury, his already subpar shooting has regressed this year, and he's a free agent so whoever trades for him is probably only renting him. I love Rondo. But us fans have to lower our expectations.
· Brandan Wright is a major sleeper. He's been playing this well consistently for years on a per minute basis. Give him starter's minutes and he could give you 15 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal, with way above average efficiency. Not just a player for this year, which would be a tankfest, naturally, so who cares how productive he is this year for us. But if you sign him in the offseason using Bird Rights to come over the top of any other rival offer, which would still probably be a low-ish salary, and then if you let him put up really good numbers, then you have a really valuable commodity, especially if the contract winds up looking like a bargain, while he's still only 28 years old, and with reduced mileage on his body so a young 28. By really good numbers, I mean a PER of 20+, which he's been doing in each of the last four seasons, in limited but substantial minutes. I don't trust PER, but that track record is kind of astonishing. This year it's 26. And he protects the rim. Don't the C's need a rim protector?
· If Ainge can get Knight plus a 2015 first plus a 2017 first? Be thrilled. If he gets an even better offer and bypasses the Mavs, be ecstatic, because that would mean we're getting absolute max return for Rondo's current value. Knight and two firsts would be pretty close to that, anyway.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2014, 01:42:42 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Apparently Ainge and Pagliuca were outside of the locker room as Rondo was finishing up his press conference. Reaallllllyyyyyyy hope this Dallas deal doesn't go through. I'd much rather keep him than try trade him for twenty cents on the dollar.

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2014, 01:43:19 AM »

Offline 255 Rings

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
No way for the Mavs deal. Ainge should go hard after McLemore and Stauskas. He should throw a few of those picks he has as sweeteners. Don't understand why some of y'all hate the idea of Rondo getting traded. He's overrated and is an anemic offensive player. Nice passing and playmaking yes, but Brad philosophies a different type of offense than the one Doc placed here once. If Rondo is gone I could care less. There's a reason why we have Smart. I can see him being better than Rondo ever was in the future and can actually be a franchise player that leads and not one that pretends to lead. Rondo+ picks for McLemore+ Stauskas, win-win. Kings will have Rondo, Gay and Cousins. Pretty legit Big 3.

« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2014, 01:45:29 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Apparently Ainge and Pagliuca were outside of the locker room as Rondo was finishing up his press conference. Reaallllllyyyyyyy hope this Dallas deal doesn't go through. I'd much rather keep him than try trade him for twenty cents on the dollar.

Source? ???

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2014, 01:52:30 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29

Source? ???
If he's anything like the other folks here salivating over a rondo trade, he probably just made it up.  ;D

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2014, 01:53:26 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Source? ???

Sorry, Brian Robb. 3/4's of the way down in this article.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/12/18/7414089/stein-woj-brandan-wright-centerpiece-of-mavericks-offer-for-rondo

« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2014, 01:54:25 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Source? ???
If he's anything like the other folks here salivating over a rondo trade, he probably just made it up.  ;D

Definitely not. I'd only make up one that doesn't take us behind the wood shed!  ;)

« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2014, 01:59:43 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

Source? ???

Sorry, Brian Robb. 3/4's of the way down in this article.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/12/18/7414089/stein-woj-brandan-wright-centerpiece-of-mavericks-offer-for-rondo

Wow. Tomorrow morning will be an interesting one.

« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2014, 02:02:01 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This trade is not happening. This return is terrible unless Brendan Wright is the real deal.

And he ain't.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2014, 02:02:38 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Forget Dallas. I think he's eyeing that Pelicans 1st rounder that Houston has it's hands on.

What's the protection on it?
Top 3 and bottom 20.

So its 4-19, and the Pelicans are projected to be in the low lottery this year based on their current level of play.
Ah I see. That's a nice pick faf. Thanks. Tp.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2014, 02:06:40 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
This trade is not happening. This return is terrible unless Brendan Wright is the real deal.

And he ain't.

Yeah, I don't really see that particular deal happening. Ainge and Pagliuca probably just wanted to inform Rondo of what's going on: whatever that may be.

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2014, 02:09:21 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

And he ain't.

Yeah, I don't really see that particular deal happening. Ainge and Pagliuca probably just wanted to inform Rondo of what's going on: whatever that may be.

From the link you provided:

And this tidbit from CSNNE's A. Sherrod Blakely:

Brandan Wright and Jae Crowder were just a couple of names to possibly be included in the deal, but a source told CSNNE.com that the Celtics would be seeking "much more than that" either in the form of better players (Monta Ellis?), draft picks or a third team entering the mix.

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2014, 02:14:30 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Brandan Wright and Jae Crowder were just a couple of names to possibly be included in the deal, but a source told CSNNE.com that the Celtics would be seeking "much more than that" either in the form of better players (Monta Ellis?), draft picks or a third team entering the mix.

Figured. Ainge is no idiot. Offers get better the closer we get to the deadline.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2014, 02:19:39 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

And he ain't.

From the link you provided:

And this tidbit from CSNNE's A. Sherrod Blakely:

Yeah, I saw that, and I didn't know what to make of it. Ellis isn't going anywhere, so it'd have to be an additional future first or a third team to negotiate something like this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mfaf6jf