Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111259 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 12:31:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I also think Ainge is the sort who would be mostly immune to such public criticism, if that is indeed the goal.
By all reports Ainge absolutely doesn't care what other people think. This is from local, former local, and national guys. (Woj, Lowe, Russilo, etc)

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 12:32:13 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Honestly Ainge waited too long to trade Rondo and now his value is pretty low. More picks doesn't exactly get me excited but very few teams are going to give proven talent in return now.

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 12:33:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'll float another idea.  What if sources have it half-right and Dallas and Boston are talking trade, but it's actually in the context of Charlotte sending Lance Stephenson to the Mavs but not wanting Wright, so he gets re-routed to Boston and the Celtics give up Bass?

This would make a lot more sense considering Wright has never averaged more than 9 points a game or 4 rebounds a game.  He is 18 months younger than Rondo, so he has been in the league for 7 years.  He is no developing youngster.

If you think Jeff Green is what he is at this point, then Wright is there as well.  I know he is long and can jump, but big deal.  He is still another way undersized center and just further clogs up the PF spot.  He isn't known as a great def player either.   He shoots a high % because of dunking a lot, similar to T. Chandler.

So we get a center less skilled than Zellar (Wright) + a 1st round pick in the mid 20's or worse from Dallas depending on how much rondo would help them (probably a lot), yeah not a deal I am super excited about if I am DA.

the only thing i'm not a fan of is the 2015 1st .   Even if its non protected, it will be prob in the late 20s.  Unless Danny actually wants a 2015 1st for some reason

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 12:33:05 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Wright has a 35.5  inch vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

he's anythony Davis like Stiemsma is Bill Russell ::)

I think it's funny how we have the first legitimate Rondo trade rumor in months and within four pages, the thread is in danger of devolving into a discussion of Brandan Wright's worth.

Come on, we've talked about Rondo for dozens and dozens of pages when there was nothing to really talk about! We're going to give up now when we actually have something material to spark debate??

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 12:33:31 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Is this blog going to lose like half of its traffic if Rondo gets shipped out? lol I swear he's the center of at least half of the conversations on here.

Lol, I hope not.  If nothing else, the ridiculous anti-Rondo stuff has proved to be quite entertaining. ;D

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 12:34:50 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Ainge is leaking these rumors to drive down the trade market value for Deron Williams.  He fully intends to keep Rondo, but he needs to protect the value of his BKN picks.

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 12:35:04 AM »

Offline Cammycakes

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
 I need a hug  :'(   I really honest to guts feel like a trade is happening with this many interested teams :'(  Anyone else feel like their might be a dark horse team in the wings?

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 12:36:41 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

I think it's funny how we have the first legitimate Rondo trade rumor in months and within four pages, the thread is in danger of devolving into a discussion of Brandan Wright's worth.

Come on, we've talked about Rondo for dozens and dozens of pages when there was nothing to really talk about! We're going to give up now when we actually have something material to spark debate??
When he's the main name reported in the trade rumors coming back of course we're going to debate him and his value.

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 12:37:39 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

When he's the main name reported in the trade rumors coming back of course we're going to debate him and his value.

Haha, I know I was just joking.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 12:37:41 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
When I got home from work and saw this I wanted to vomit. Neither team really has the assets of young players or good draft picks that entice me to want to move him. Now if Rondo has told Danny privately he wants out I get it and than you trade Rondo. I just feel that Rondo is worth so much more than  A late first round pick and Wright. Rondo may not be the same player without KG Pierce. People have to realize he still hasnt been back for a full year from the ACL. You know what your getting in Rondo not a main scorer he is a Pure PG which is a rare in the NBA now, Call me crazy but I want to see this team with Rondo Jeff Green who is having a good year. I did perdict Green would average around 22ppg this year. Have time together and get some more pieces to this puzzle. Don't do it Danny unless the trade blows your socks off.

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 12:38:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I need a hug  :'(   I really honest to guts feel like a trade is happening with this many interested teams :'(  Anyone else feel like their might be a dark horse team in the wings?

nope. Dallas is the darkhorse team in front of the line.  Who knew they would win on the Parsons sweepstakes this offseason. They were a darkhorse team that almost brought in Dhoward also

Mark Cuban wants to win one more with Dirk .  I honestly don't think Danny will get a better offer.

All he can do is hope Mavs give up a bit more and include a right to swap a future 1st

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mfaf6jf

Dallas: Rondo

Charlotte: Green, Bass

Boston: Stephenson, Wright, Biyombo, Felton (waived/buyout), Charlotte 2015 1st, Dallas 2016 or 2018 1st (preferably 2018), ability to switch 1st round picks with them for whatever year we don't get

I know some people are not high on Stephenson, but I think it's worth it to see what a Smart/Stephenson backcourt would be like. If all goes wrong, his third year is a team option (I believe) and we have 19 million in expiring contracts next year between Wallace and Stephenson.

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 12:39:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Yep. ;D  Send him to Indiana, where the fans and especially his gm will actually treat him with respect and appreciate his unique abilities.  Give him to Larry.  I no longer care what and/or who we get in return for our captain.  I'll miss you, Rondo. :'(  Thank you. :'(  I think I need a hug now, too. :'(  Sigh.

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 12:40:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
When I got home from work and saw this I wanted to vomit. Neither team really has the assets of young players or good draft picks that entice me to want to move him. Now if Rondo has told Danny privately he wants out I get it and than you trade Rondo. I just feel that Rondo is worth so much more than  A late first round pick and Wright. Rondo may not be the same player without KG Pierce. People have to realize he still hasnt been back for a full year from the ACL. You know what your getting in Rondo not a main scorer he is a Pure PG which is a rare in the NBA now, Call me crazy but I want to see this team with Rondo Jeff Green who is having a good year. I did perdict Green would average around 22ppg this year. Have time together and get some more pieces to this puzzle. Don't do it Danny unless the trade blows your socks off.

and if it doesn't than what?  Lose Rondo for nothing? 

Danny won't allow that to happen. Also what if Rondo signs with the Lakers?  He will get booed when he comesback as a visitor.   Danny won't want to see that to happen also

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 12:41:22 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

nope. Dallas is the darkhorse team in front of the line.  Who knew they would win on the Parsons sweepstakes this offseason. They were a darkhorse team that almost brought in Dhoward also

Mark Cuban wants to win one more with Dirk .  I honestly don't think Danny will get a better offer.

All he can do is hope Mavs give up a bit more and include a right to swap a future 1st

Or we can disagree with you and hope that if DA is really going to trade Rondo he gets us something more significant.