Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111387 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 12:41:43 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Wright has a 35.5  inch vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

he's anythony Davis like Stiemsma is Bill Russell ::)

I think it's funny how we have the first legitimate Rondo trade rumor in months and within four pages, the thread is in danger of devolving into a discussion of Brandan Wright's worth.

Come on, we've talked about Rondo for dozens and dozens of pages when there was nothing to really talk about! We're going to give up now when we actually have something material to spark debate??

Yep. ;D  Send him to Indiana, where the fans and especially his gm will actually treat him with respect and appreciate his unique abilities.  Give him to Larry.  I no longer care what and/or who we get in return for our captain.  I'll miss you, Rondo. :'(  Thank you. :'(  I think I need a hug now, too. :'(  Sigh.

I don't think Indy is a serious player, because I don't see Rondo resigning there as small of a market as it is.

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2014, 12:41:46 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

I think it's funny how we have the first legitimate Rondo trade rumor in months and within four pages, the thread is in danger of devolving into a discussion of Brandan Wright's worth.

Come on, we've talked about Rondo for dozens and dozens of pages when there was nothing to really talk about! We're going to give up now when we actually have something material to spark debate??

Yep. ;D  Send him to Indiana, where the fans and especially his gm will actually treat him with respect and appreciate his unique abilities.  Give him to Larry.  I no longer care what and/or who we get in return for our captain.  I'll miss you, Rondo. :'(  Thank you. :'(  I think I need a hug now, too. :'(  Sigh.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 12:43:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ugh Wright is going to enter FA too, forgot that. Not a fan of that sort of package at all.

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 12:43:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Taking 20-1 TP bets that this does not happen.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2014, 12:44:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I need a hug  :'(   I really honest to guts feel like a trade is happening with this many interested teams :'(  Anyone else feel like their might be a dark horse team in the wings?

nope. Dallas is the darkhorse team in front of the line.  Who knew they would win on the Parsons sweepstakes this offseason. They were a darkhorse team that almost brought in Dhoward also

Mark Cuban wants to win one more with Dirk .  I honestly don't think Danny will get a better offer.

All he can do is hope Mavs give up a bit more and include a right to swap a future 1st

Or we can disagree with you and hope that if DA is really going to trade Rondo he gets us something more significant.

did i start this rumor??

WoJ, Stein etc. are all reporting it.  How many times has Woj been wrong?    If the deal falls through then it falls through.

But don't expect Danny to get the same chance with the Mavs in February.   No other team sounds like they are willing to even give up a 1st right now, you think they will in Feb? Or offer better assets?

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:46 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
When I got home from work and saw this I wanted to vomit. Neither team really has the assets of young players or good draft picks that entice me to want to move him. Now if Rondo has told Danny privately he wants out I get it and than you trade Rondo. I just feel that Rondo is worth so much more than  A late first round pick and Wright. Rondo may not be the same player without KG Pierce. People have to realize he still hasnt been back for a full year from the ACL. You know what your getting in Rondo not a main scorer he is a Pure PG which is a rare in the NBA now, Call me crazy but I want to see this team with Rondo Jeff Green who is having a good year. I did perdict Green would average around 22ppg this year. Have time together and get some more pieces to this puzzle. Don't do it Danny unless the trade blows your socks off.

and if it doesn't than what?  Lose Rondo for nothing? 

Danny won't allow that to happen. Also what if Rondo signs with the Lakers?  He will get booed when he comesback as a visitor.   Danny won't want to see that to happen also

You forget that we can offer Rondo more money than any other team.I dont know anybody that is willing to give up millions of dollars. Now here is my  take if we do trade Rondo my thing would be you have to take Wallace as well.

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 12:46:53 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Everyone calm down.  We all know that nothing is official until we get the word from the man (sarcasm). ;) ::) ;D

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2014, 12:49:21 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I never understood why that film was funny.  Sure, there are a couple of lines here and there (I think, anyway) that are mildly amusing, but I just never found it to be funny.  Yeah, I know - I'm weird, lol. ;D

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2014, 12:50:49 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I don't think Indy is a serious player, because I don't see Rondo resigning there as small of a market as it is.

You don't think he would like to play with Paul George?

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2014, 12:51:26 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

I never understood why that film was funny.  Sure, there are a couple of lines here and there (I think, anyway) that are mildly amusing, but I just never found it to be funny.  Yeah, I know - I'm weird, lol. ;D

Tread carefully, sir, you're about to start an Anchorman quote battle. lol

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2014, 12:51:48 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Oh man you're asking for something serious right now, lol.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2014, 12:52:15 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Forget Dallas. I think he's eyeing that Pelicans 1st rounder that Houston has it's hands on.

« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2014, 12:53:17 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I need a hug  :'(   I really honest to guts feel like a trade is happening with this many interested teams :'(  Anyone else feel like their might be a dark horse team in the wings?

nope. Dallas is the darkhorse team in front of the line.  Who knew they would win on the Parsons sweepstakes this offseason. They were a darkhorse team that almost brought in Dhoward also

Mark Cuban wants to win one more with Dirk .  I honestly don't think Danny will get a better offer.

All he can do is hope Mavs give up a bit more and include a right to swap a future 1st

Or we can disagree with you and hope that if DA is really going to trade Rondo he gets us something more significant.

did i start this rumor??

WoJ, Stein etc. are all reporting it.  How many times has Woj been wrong?    If the deal falls through then it falls through.

But don't expect Danny to get the same chance with the Mavs in February.   No other team sounds like they are willing to even give up a 1st right now, you think they will in Feb? Or offer better assets?

I never said you started the rumor.  Read the post.  You said you 'dont think DA will get a better offer."  I said, the option is to disagree with you and think yeah we might get a better offer.  If we don't then we can still say no to this offer.  Cmon a 5mil expiring backup center in the league for 7 years that has really never moved the needle, and that will probably get paid a lot more on his next contract + a late 1st round pick.  We have oodles of draft picks.  We have too many PFs as it is.  This doesn't fill a need, or give us any assets except the late 1st.

There is always the option of letting the season play out, see how Rondo performs over the full season and see if we can resign him.  Obviously that isn't an option for you since you just want him traded for whatever.  But if you want to act as if every rumor is set to happen any second, and that it is already set in stone go right ahead.

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2014, 12:53:34 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Oh man you're asking for something serious right now, lol.

I love lamp

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2014, 12:54:39 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12045409/rajon-rondo-subject-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks

This one is the first I've seen that looks like it has serious potential to happen. would suck, I love Rondo, but would benefit both teams. We got at least one future 1st rounder and Brandan Wright - another UNC guy :)

Be cool to see him go to a very solid squad and possibly make them a contender... which I think is within the realm of possibility. Nice fit for him there.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC