Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111250 times)

ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:31:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This may as well have its own thread.

The Boston Celtics, after years of flirting with potential Rajon Rondo deals, are in substantive discussions on a trade that would send Rondo to the Dallas Mavericks, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Celtics and Mavericks have been discussing a swap that would furnish Boston with multiple draft picks -- including at least one future first-rounder -- as well as blossoming Mavericks center Brandan Wright and other players needed to make the salary-cap math work.

Sources say the Celtics also have been talking to teams such as the Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks about potential Rondo deals?, but that the most advanced discussions so far have been with Dallas.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12045409/rajon-rondo-subject-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks

How many folks just got a little sick to their stomach?  A bench player (one who I like, but still a bench player), a late #1, and salary fodder?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:32:59 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

The Boston Celtics, after years of flirting with potential Rajon Rondo deals, are in substantive discussions on a trade that would send Rondo to the Dallas Mavericks, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Celtics and Mavericks have been discussing a swap that would furnish Boston with multiple draft picks -- including at least one future first-rounder -- as well as blossoming Mavericks center Brandan Wright and other players needed to make the salary-cap math work.

Sources say the Celtics also have been talking to teams such as the Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks about potential Rondo deals?, but that the most advanced discussions so far have been with Dallas.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12045409/rajon-rondo-subject-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks

How many folks just got a little sick to their stomach?  A bench player (one who I like, but still a bench player), a late #1, and salary fodder?

I call BS. Leverage to make another team up the ante. Ainge wouldn't do that deal.

Unless.... Ainge anticipates a short window for Dallas like brooklyn and doesn't expect them to be a playoff team in the lottery much longer. Yikes! Big risk!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:33:43 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I just threw up a little, I hope this is a rumor

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think this story was given to the media to solicit serious offers early on in the process from the other teams.

I don't think the Mavs first Aminu, Wright and Harris is enough for Rondo.

Houston has New Orlean's potential lottery pick this year, that is the asset I'm hoping for in any Rondo deal.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 11:36:06 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

I call BS. Leverage to make another team up the ante. Ainge wouldn't do that deal.

Unless.... Ainge anticipates a short window for Dallas like brooklyn and doesn't expect them to be a playoff team in the lottery much longer. Yikes! Big risk!

I think this is the idea. Look at how well that has worked out with us with the Brooklyn trade.

I assume Ainge will ask for both 2016 and 2018 firsts, but I wouldn't be disappointed with just the 2018 first. Major lotto potential.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 11:37:12 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

I'm thinking it's leverage, too, probably directed at the Kings to make a panic move.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:49 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Ainge should be fired if he pulls a deal like that
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:59:17 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:57 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
2015 1st, 2017 1st, Brandan Wright and Raymond Felton is probably the best deal we'll ever get for Rondo. I would be over the moon with that.

2016+2018 would be better but they probably wouldn't do that since both have a decent chance of being lottery.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 11:40:20 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I don't think it is leverage. I think it reflects Rondo's actual trade value. His season has been inconsistent, he is near the end of his contract, and he has indicated an interest in exploring free agency after the season. 

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 11:41:51 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
I don't think it is leverage. I think it reflects Rondo's actual trade value. His season has been inconsistent, he is near the end of his contract, and he has indicated an interest in exploring free agency after the season.

^

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
When Ainge traded Pierce and Garnett every Celtics fan hated it.

It will take time to appreciate but if Ainge gets that 2018 1st and it ends up in the lottery when Rondo is in his mid-30s on an expensive contract, we'll be delighted.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 11:45:35 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Brandan Wright is a star. Bring him to Boston. 8)

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 11:45:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well I for one am getting excited for the Raymond Felton Era.

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 11:47:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
How is it leverage?

The offer is absolute garbage.

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 11:48:34 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Well I for one am getting excited for the Raymond Felton Era.

Felton = Banner 18
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman