13 (54.2%)
Trade and draft a center
4 (16.7%)
Trade for a 1st round pick
5 (20.8%)
Trade for a 2nd round pick + a filler of descent players
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: is Tyler Zeller our long term center?  (Read 2858 times)

Re: is Tyler Zeller our long term center?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 12:48:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
He is who he is because of Rondo.  Let's not forget that.  How he's able to play without Rondo in games will determine.  I'm not ready to make that leap yet.

He actually had plenty of really good games with the Cavs two years ago so I disagree.

Agreed. The Rondo-effect is overstated.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 12:51:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He is who he is because of Rondo.  Let's not forget that.  How he's able to play without Rondo in games will determine.  I'm not ready to make that leap yet.

He actually had plenty of really good games with the Cavs two years ago so I disagree.

If anything its just not being on a non-passing team like the Cavs were. They didn't consistently reward rolling big men with passes to give them shot attempts. More of his offense were post ups and longer jumpers from what I can tell.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 04:00:51 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
He could be with a much better pf and sg on starters.  He is solid, good hands heady player.  But we would need rondo and green back and a sully Bradley upgrade.   

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 05:07:39 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

If anything its just not being on a non-passing team like the Cavs were. They didn't consistently reward rolling big men with passes to give them shot attempts. More of his offense were post ups and longer jumpers from what I can tell.
man he's gonna be p---ed when and if rondo gets traded.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 06:39:07 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Not really sure yet. He does some things really well and is still young. I remember when everyone was upset that Memphis gave Pau to lakers, and now would take Marc any day. Not comparing the two, but given the opportunity and playing time, who knows

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 06:51:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Long term backup .   I like his attitude and work ethic tho.   Need more players , who do their talking with play and not mouth.

He needs MORE playing time .  He seems to be getting better .  But that has to do with playing with Rondo too.

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 07:02:18 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Not really sure yet. He does some things really well and is still young. I remember when everyone was upset that Memphis gave Pau to lakers, and now would take Marc any day. Not comparing the two, but given the opportunity and playing time, who knows

Yeah, he is still improving and it's hard to say that he won't be a longer-term starter in the league. Even a marginal starter can play on a championship if his teammates are good enough. So far, there's no sign of any top-10 to -15 players within the C"s reach, however. If Danny sells all that it looks like he might be selling this season, there's at least a hope of a higher-ceiling center prospect from the draft. Also, I see KO as a long-term starter on here on the C's, and he might need more of a beefy and/or shot-blocking big up front with him than Tyler really is.

As to the poll, it doesn't actually make any sense to make a decision on Zeller like that in isolation. There are bigger pieces and questions in play, and what the C's eventually do with him will be more a byproduct of other, bigger factors.

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 07:03:41 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

man he's gonna be p---ed when and if rondo gets traded.
all the players will be, offensively he makes everyones game easier  :'(