Author Topic: Send Rondo to the Western Conference?  (Read 680 times)

Send Rondo to the Western Conference?
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I am one of the people who don't want Rondo traded. I'd rather Ainge trade guys like Bass & Thornton in smaller deals for picks/trade exceptions, and then sign a guy like Greg Monroe in the offseason. I know Monroe isn't the "rim protector" we need, but he is simply an upgrade at the C position. He would become another asset we could keep or trade to further upgrade the roster (i.e: Cousins).

Per Yahoo's (Y!) Marc Spears & Woj:

"The Boston Celtics are exhibiting a renewed willingness to pursue trade packages that include point guard Rajon Rondo, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

As much as ever in his nine seasons in Boston, the Celtics have left strong impressions with rival organizations that they’re prepared to make a deal that includes Rondo, sources said. Boston has been engaged in discussions described as “serious” in recent days, but no trade agreement is imminent."

Rondo trade rumors seem to happen on any day that ends with Y, so I take this report lightly.

Rondo to the Western Conference seems most likely (maybe HOU, NO, or SAC?), so here are 3 Rondo trade scenarios that I feel would work.

First two scenarios are 3 team deals:

1st Scenario: Rondo to SAC for McLemore & a SAC 1st rd pick. Seen this trade a thousand times. Ainge would need a 3rd team to get a better return than just Ben McLemore and a first. (Feel free to add a 3rd team)

2nd Scenario: Rondo to HOU. Seen this trade idea quite a lot as well. Terrence Jones & the Pelicans 2015 (Houston owns; protected top 3 and 20-30) to BOS. Not enough return either, so once again Ainge would need to find a 3rd team to complete a deal.

3rd Scenario: 3 team trade b/w Celtics, Pelicans, & Rockets:

Celtics Send: Rondo, Green, Bass, 2015 clippers pick, 2015 2nd rd pick (via Sixers)
Celtics Receive: Jrue Holiday, Terrence Jones (trade exception), Jason Terry, 2015 1st from HOU (via Pelicans), and 2017 Pelicans 1st

Pelicans Send: Jrue Holiday, Ryan Anderson, 2017 1st rd pick
Pelicans Receive: Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green, 2nd Rd pick (via Sixers)

Rockets Send: Jones, Terry, 2015 1st rd pick (via Pelicans)
Rockets Receive: Ryan Anderson, Bass (trade exception), 2015 Clippers pick

Boston gets 2 first round picks via NO (2015 & 2017). Give up one first rd 2015 clips pick and a second rd 2015 Sixers pick. As far as picks go, the Celtics could also offer another 2nd Round pick to the Pelicans for giving up their 2017 1st (if you deem one second rounder isn't enough).

Pelicans Roster:

PG: Rondo, Rivers, Fredette, Smith
SG: Evans, Gordon, (Fredette)
SF: Green, Salmons, Babbit
PF: Davis, Cunningham, (Green)
C: Asik, Ajinca, Withey

Rockets Roster:

PG: Beverley/Canaan
SG: Harden/Johnson/Daniels
SF: Ariza/Papanikolaou/Garcia
PF: Anderson/Bass/(Black)
C: Howard/Montiejunas/(Black)

Celtics Roster:

PG: Holiday/(Smart or Bradley)/Pressey
SG: Smart or Bradley/Thornton/(Young)
SF: Turner/Wallace/Young
PF: Sullinger/Jones/Powell
C: Zeller/Olynyk/Fav

Most likely Bradley, Thornton, Wallace, and one from the trio of PF's (Sully, KO, Jones) would be on the trading block along with picks to upgrade either the SG, SF, or C positions. Maybe draft or trade for a SG to play behind Smart. Either trade for, draft, or sign a Center. I like Turner off the bench, so I'd consider trading for a starter at SF.