Author Topic: Rondo's minutes  (Read 559 times)

Rondo's minutes
« on: December 17, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I apologize for creating another Rondo thread because there are seemingly dozens discussing his trade value and worth as a player, but I haven't really seen a lot discussing what is happening with him right now. I was a little surprised when Rondo only played 20 minutes or so against the wizards, but it made sense as the backups (especially smart) were playing really well. However, I was really confused by his minutes against Philly.

Does anyone know why he only played 24 minutes? He seemed to be having an efficient name stats wise we also were without Smart and thornton. Why would pressey play almost equal minutes? Any local insight on this?

Re: Rondo's minutes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I will also add that I am aware he didn't play in the 4th quarter and we were up by 20-25, but other starters remained in their and it looks like Pressey played from the 2 minute mark of the 3rd till the end of the game. If nothing else, if they are considering trading him crushing his stats with low minutes may not help.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 07:48:37 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
This is probably #1 in the "What is Stevens thinking" debate.  He has a rotation set up so that Rondo only plays about 32 or 33 minutes, even in must-win games.  Why?  I have no idea.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:56:31 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
This is probably #1 in the "What is Stevens thinking" debate.  He has a rotation set up so that Rondo only plays about 32 or 33 minutes, even in must-win games.  Why?  I have no idea.

Mike

He also seems to really enjoy planning it so that Rondo sits for the first ~5+ minutes or so of the 4th quarter (our must-win quarter).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale