Author Topic: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green  (Read 32585 times)

Re: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2014, 12:01:34 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Let's move the Rondo to Dallas discussion here, please:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74828.0

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2014, 12:17:21 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I would be surprised if Rondo is not a Maverick before the next game

The Mavs are not going to wait forever either and prob have given Danny a deadline to accept or reject the offer.   Mavs want Rondo, but likely won't give the Celts another 1st. Maybe do a 1st and option to swap one of 2016-2018 picks.  If the swap is not beneficial then get 2 future 2nds

Nobody has answered my question about Wright.  Would we have an advantage over other teams to sign him for his next contract?? or he just becomes a UFA?

Celtics would have his Bird rights, which means they could outbid teams which are limited to the MLE due to being capped out.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2014, 12:30:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I don't want Rondo traded,but if he is I want him to go to a contender and I don't think Dallas would be a bad choice. There he might actually get some appreciation from the fans.

Yeah, how about that?  What a concept, right?  Ugh.  I'd prefer him to go to Indiana, though, because at least Larry values loyalty and he does love Rondo.  That team could be amazing.  Like I posted yesterday, just get Shumpert as your sg, and that team could be DEADLY.  Rondo, Shumpert, George, West, and Hibbert (plus Lavoy Allen and CJ Miles off the bench, which is an excellent start.)?  Wow.  They would torture Lebron for the rest of his career, lol, and the Bulls may never make the finals at all, healthy Rose or not.  Mmmm, me likey, lol. ;D

« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2014, 12:51:59 AM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
I don't see New York, they are tanking not trying to improve this season and can just go after him in the offseason

« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2014, 01:11:08 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I don't want Rondo traded,but if he is I want him to go to a contender and I don't think Dallas would be a bad choice. There he might actually get some appreciation from the fans.

Yeah, how about that?  What a concept, right?  Ugh.  I'd prefer him to go to Indiana, though, because at least Larry values loyalty and he does love Rondo.  That team could be amazing.  Like I posted yesterday, just get Shumpert as your sg, and that team could be DEADLY.  Rondo, Shumpert, George, West, and Hibbert (plus Lavoy Allen and CJ Miles off the bench, which is an excellent start.)?  Wow.  They would torture Lebron for the rest of his career, lol, and the Bulls may never make the finals at all, healthy Rose or not.  Mmmm, me likey, lol. ;D

I like Rondo. I appreciate him.

That's why I'd like him to go for another title on a contending team instead of being part of a long-term rebuild that he doesn't fit into.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2014, 01:14:36 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
How can anyone be in favor of this?    Of course Dallas does that deal.  They're giving up nothing.  I'd rather just let Rondo walk.  In a few years when Brendan Wright is already 30 and the two picks are in China it will look just as ridiculous.   

« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2014, 01:29:50 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I like Rondo. I appreciate him.

That's why I'd like him to go for another title on a contending team instead of being part of a long-term rebuild that he doesn't fit into.

Well, you're one of the few, then.  Sigh.  I agree with your desire to see him on a contender.  Like I've said, my preference is Indiana - what's yours (if you have one)?

« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2014, 01:34:01 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Bulpett with the latest - and he mentions what I've been saying all along, the backcourt won't work with 2 alpha dogs - and Danny knows it.
  http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2014/12/market_down_but_mavericks_make_offer_for_rajon_rondo

« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2014, 01:43:47 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
How can anyone be in favor of this?    Of course Dallas does that deal.  They're giving up nothing.  I'd rather just let Rondo walk.  In a few years when Brendan Wright is already 30 and the two picks are in China it will look just as ridiculous.   

Wright is the second ranked PF in the league in PER.
Yea, I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pf

« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2014, 01:51:30 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

If you really think Wright is anywhere near the same class as Cousins, Curry, James, Durant, and Harden, the players surrounding him in PER right now, then I don't know what to tell you. PER isn't the end-all-be-all stat you claim it to be.

« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2014, 05:06:25 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'm hoping for Houston. Would love to see Danny help McHale to a championship this year.

I think Dallas would be the best fit. Rondo and Dirk would be excellent in pick and pops, as would Rondo and Chandler in lobs around the basket. They have good shooter to create spacing and no one, except Ellis at times, is really ball dominant.

Rondo actively makes Dallas worse, at least he's not a good fit with the way they've been playing this year on the offensive end. I think he'd be a much better fit on a team like Utah, who desperately need a point guard.

Did you write that correctly or did you mean, "Rondo actively makes Dallas worse, at least he's not a good fit with the way HE'S been playing this year on the offensive end"?

Rondo would never re-sign in Utah. Plus, Burke is just starting his second season. I think they'll give a little more rope.

D.O.S?

« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2014, 08:05:39 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It's a little of column A and a little of column B.

I also agree that I don't think Rondo would resign in Utah, I just think the Jazz would be a great landing spot for him.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

If you really think Wright is anywhere near the same class as Cousins, Curry, James, Durant, and Harden, the players surrounding him in PER right now, then I don't know what to tell you. PER isn't the end-all-be-all stat you claim it to be.

This year Wright is shooting 75% from the field, 75% from the line and averaging 1.6 blocks in 18 minutes per game.

Yea, I would do that deal.

« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2014, 09:11:52 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Ken Berger from CBS reporting that Rondo is open to resign with Dallas or Houston....

« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2014, 09:16:49 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Brandan Wright this year.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYoQ-Hh_V7o