Author Topic: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green  (Read 32681 times)

Re: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2014, 11:01:18 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
If we trade Rondo and end up with Raymond Felton, idc how many firsts the Mavs give us, the rebuilding will have gone too far.

« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2014, 11:04:15 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I've said it before, but I get a weird vibe from the King's owner.  I watched their draft war room video and came away thinking, "Wow... these guys have no idea what they are doing... and they are way too overly optimistic".   They'd be a great team to take advantage of.  If we can bamboozle those fools into taking on Rondo for real assets, we have to do it.

Yep. Hand over McLemore and picks, chump.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We probably have to take Nelson or Felton in any deal.   Salaries are difficult match in a Dallas trade

no thanks. Both are for sure going to pick up their player options next season

Brandan Wright and fillers . Then waive the fillers

Sorry...but they have do get someone better than Wright for Rondo.  This is Wright's 7th year in the league and he's done a bunch of nothing...7pts, 4 rebs, 1 block...PU.

well Wright and 2 1sts (2016, 2018)

Don't think Dallas is willing to include the 2nd 1st though.  Unless Rondo promises to resign, which i doubt he will.

But then Danny is not giving up Rondo for only Wright and a 1st.

Maybe like someone has said earlier, whoever offers Danny two 1sts is going to win the race for Rondo.

« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:29 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
We probably have to take Nelson or Felton in any deal.   Salaries are difficult match in a Dallas trade

Sorry...but they have do get someone better than Wright for Rondo.  This is Wright's 7th year in the league and he's done a bunch of nothing...7pts, 4 rebs, 1 block...PU.

But Wright's PER!!!!

But really, triboy's post was about Wright's expiring contract, and not Wright the player. Salary reasons. Dallas's only offer in terms of assets is fututre 1sts, unless you're a huge Ricky Ledo fan. :P

« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2014, 11:10:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But Wright's PER!!!!

But really, triboy's post was about Wright's expiring contract, and not Wright the player. Salary reasons. Dallas's only offer in terms of assets is fututre 1sts, unless you're a huge Ricky Ledo fan. :P

yeah Wrights expiring contract. But also i like Wright and he could be a nice replacement as a back pf/c once bass is gone.

I mean they really don't have many promising young players on their team.  Wright would be the best younger than Rondo player we could get from them

« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2014, 11:10:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Dallas could make Rondo a pretty good offer next summer as a free agent. They have Dirk, Monta and Parsons on the books for $32 million. If they can get Tyson for $8-9 million. That would leave Dallas with enough wiggle room to make Rondo a very attractive contract offer next summer.

I said this past off season Dallas could be a huge player for him and people here didn't think so.  I'd love to see him in Dallas - he gets to be on a competitive team with a great fanbase. Glad they're one of my NBA League Pass teams.

I look forward to the panic posts when Marcus Smart struggles and we don't end up with the #1 draft pick.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2014, 11:11:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But Wright's PER!!!!

who was the fan here that was obsessed with Wright and wanted Danny to draft him?

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2014, 11:12:13 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I've said it before, but I get a weird vibe from the King's owner.  I watched their draft war room video and came away thinking, "Wow... these guys have no idea what they are doing... and they are way too overly optimistic".   They'd be a great team to take advantage of.  If we can bamboozle those fools into taking on Rondo for real assets, we have to do it.

I thought the same thing.
Owner was way too involved with decision making. In fact it looked like he was the one who selected Stauskas as their pick. If I remember correctly he over ruled someone like GM or president in that mini-documentary?
Their GM is a clown as well.

If we are going to hose anyone in a deal, it's going to be them.
Unless Morey is just desperate to get a third wheel in Houston and we can get Jones+Capella+pick or something.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2014, 11:12:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Any Rondo-apologists out there who think Woj is making this stuff up?  Just curious.  Sounds like we're shopping Rondo hard again.  Wonder if we'll find a taker this time around.  Basically running out of time... we need to move him in the next two months or risk losing him for nothing.

If the Mavs are going for Rondo hard like Woj says, what can they really offer?   WHo is on the table? 

Anyone wonder if Ainge's willingness to trade Rondo has to do with how available Lance Stephenson is?  Like, if you could move Jeff Green for Stephenson and then move Rondo + picks for Parsons, would you do it?

Doubt it would be something as substantial as Parsons though.  Wright's expiring and filler assets makes more sense. 

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2014, 11:15:18 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

But Wright's PER!!!!

who was the fan here that was obsessed with Wright and wanted Danny to draft him?

Me, back in '07. ;D I've grown up since then.....

Wright's not a bad player or anything, just that I got carried away with his athleticism and lost focus on that he really didn't have much in the way of an offensive game. He plays hard and he gets garbage buckets.

Edit: If memory serves me correctly, Roy wanted Brandan Wright also. I might be wrong.

« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Marc Stein ?@ESPNSteinLine  32s33 seconds ago
ESPN sources say Celtics & Mavs in substantive discussions on deal that would send Rajon Rondo to Dallas for multiple picks/package of vets

« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:32 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Dallas has absolutely nothing I would want. They don't even have enough expiring salary to make a deal. To match salaries we would have to take back Jameer and/or Felton. The only way it could work would be if a third team likes what Dallas has.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Any Rondo-apologists out there who think Woj is making this stuff up?  Just curious.  Sounds like we're shopping Rondo hard again.  Wonder if we'll find a taker this time around.  Basically running out of time... we need to move him in the next two months or risk losing him for nothing.

If the Mavs are going for Rondo hard like Woj says, what can they really offer?   WHo is on the table? 

Anyone wonder if Ainge's willingness to trade Rondo has to do with how available Lance Stephenson is?  Like, if you could move Jeff Green for Stephenson and then move Rondo + picks for Parsons, would you do it?

Doubt it would be something as substantial as Parsons though.  Wright's expiring and filler assets makes more sense.

No chance the Mavs offer Parsons. Their best offer will be two 1sts and salary filler, take it or leave it.

Also, I don't think Danny wants any part of Lance.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2014, 11:17:16 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

But Wright's PER!!!!

I don't even think twice about re-signing Wright to a long-term deal.  I ink him to a contract averaging 6-7 million per without even blinking.

Smitty77

« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Marc Stein ?@ESPNSteinLine  32s33 seconds ago
ESPN sources say Celtics & Mavs in substantive discussions on deal that would send Rajon Rondo to Dallas for multiple picks/package of vets

parsons and 2 1st's ?

Green would then be traded for pick and rookie contract/filler