Author Topic: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green  (Read 32672 times)

Re: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2014, 10:25:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tweeted less than 8 minutes ago by Woj:

Boston's discussing Rondo trades on multiple fronts, but Mavericks are showing an increasing interest in deal for Rondo, sources tell Yahoo

The Dallas Mavericks are serious suitors for Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Houston's discussed Rondo deal with Boston too.

If Dallas gives us two firsts I take it. I think a deal gets done by Monday.

Brandan Wright, 2 1sts.

I don't see Wright being a deal-breaker here, but he can't hurt.

well they got to match the salaries somehow. Wright is one piece we could grab quite easily

1987 born so not that young anymore. But if you pair him with Sully or KO now, now we got the length we been looking for. Wright is 6'10  with a very nice 7'5 wingspan. Good shot blocker, rebounder. Doesn't get alot of playing time. Could replace Bass, once he is traded

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2014, 10:29:03 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Tweeted less than 8 minutes ago by Woj:

Boston's discussing Rondo trades on multiple fronts, but Mavericks are showing an increasing interest in deal for Rondo, sources tell Yahoo

The Dallas Mavericks are serious suitors for Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Houston's discussed Rondo deal with Boston too.

If Dallas gives us two firsts I take it. I think a deal gets done by Monday.

Brandan Wright, 2 1sts.

I don't see Wright being a deal-breaker here, but he can't hurt.

well they got to match the salaries somehow. Wright is one piece we could grab quite easily

1987 born so not that young anymore. But if you pair him with Sully or KO now, now we got the length we been looking for. Wright is 6'10  with a very nice 7'5 wingspan. Good shot blocker, rebounder. Doesn't get alot of playing time. Could replace Bass, once he is traded

Agreed. Worst case we send him to a third team in need of frontcourt depth for something nice.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I wonder what is going on with the Rondo's camp.  Maybe their the ones that has been asking Danny to look for a trade. Going to the Mavs will be his meal ticket to get a bigger pay as a FA.  He needs to play again in the playoffs

Danny prob realizes that with what we have, we are not going to get a guy like Davis to mask Rondo's flaws. 

A trade is good for everyone. 

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2014, 10:37:43 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Monta Ellis (who Danny has liked in the past), who has a +19 PER and Wright (who has about a +26 PER) and a #1 gets this done.  We likely have to include Fav to keep us from getting into a luxury tax situation and I think Dallas could absorb Fav and be fine or pay a small luxury tax penalty.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6540057

This really might be the BEST we can get!!!

Smitty77

Thoughts??

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Monta Ellis (who Danny has liked in the past), who has a +19 PER and Wright (who has about a +26 PER) and a #1 gets this done.  We likely have to include Fav to keep us from getting into a luxury tax situation and I think Dallas could absorb Fav and be fine or pay a small luxury tax penalty.

Smitty77

Thoughts??

No reason for Mavs to do this if they give up Ellis.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Smitty77

Thoughts??

the mavs are not giving up Ellis.   Nor Dirk, Parsons or Chandler.

They want Rondo to try to make a major run.

I don't think they have enough to entice Danny to make a trade.  I mean 2 1sts is very nice for a half year rental. And by 2016,2018 mavs could be in serious rebuild mode. Or not and we could end up with a low end 1sts.

Danny i'm sure is trying to get a nice young player plus a 1st.  Houston is also showing interest. I wonder if they are offering Terrence Jones (but is injured now) and a 1st. Or a 1st and Garbage.   T Jones, Capela, Canaan and a 1st would work for me

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2014, 10:47:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
side news,  per ESPN, Corey Brewer is on the block. 

« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2014, 10:48:08 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Read an interesting quote about Dallas....they have players that they won't give up, or players that you don't want. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2014, 10:51:14 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
We probably have to take Nelson or Felton in any deal.   Salaries are difficult match in a Dallas trade

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2014, 10:51:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Kings owner after firing Malone
"Defense is great, but we need defense and offense," the Kings owner said. "We need to go from a rules-based organization, which was important when you had chaos, to a values-based organization -- from kind of a programmatic offense to a read-and-respond, free-flowing offense."

Rondo sounds like the player he needs.   He just has to include Mclemore in a deal now

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've said it before, but I get a weird vibe from the King's owner.  I watched their draft war room video and came away thinking, "Wow... these guys have no idea what they are doing... and they are way too overly optimistic".   They'd be a great team to take advantage of.  If we can bamboozle those fools into taking on Rondo for real assets, we have to do it.

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2014, 10:53:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
We probably have to take Nelson or Felton in any deal.   Salaries are difficult match in a Dallas trade

no thanks. Both are for sure going to pick up their player options next season

Brandan Wright and fillers . Then waive the fillers

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2014, 10:55:05 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Smitty77

Thoughts??

the mavs are not giving up Ellis.   Nor Dirk, Parsons or Chandler.

They want Rondo to try to make a major run.

I don't think they have enough to entice Danny to make a trade.  I mean 2 1sts is very nice for a half year rental. And by 2016,2018 mavs could be in serious rebuild mode. Or not and we could end up with a low end 1sts.

Danny i'm sure is trying to get a nice young player plus a 1st.  Houston is also showing interest. I wonder if they are offering Terrence Jones (but is injured now) and a 1st. Or a 1st and Garbage.   T Jones, Capela, Canaan and a 1st would work for me

I think you're right that Dallas doesn't have enough, although if we aren't getting decent offers from Sacramento and Houston then Danny may have to accept Wright+2 firsts.

I'd say that someone has leaked this info to Wojnarowski to ramp up offers between the Rockets and Sacramento- ultimately Sacramento being the prized bull here with Mclemore and a pick.

I'd still rather keep him but Danny might have info that other teams are just willing to pay him too much vs his real basketball value on the court. If that's the case, then I can see why he'd do it.

Thinking about the bigger picture, if the Rockets gave us Terrence Jones, Clint Capela and a pick  for some kind of Rondo package then we'd be able to trade Jones to move up on draft night.
I'd say Danny's ultimate aim here is to get some highly prized young assets like Terrence Jones or Ben Mclemore, so he can move up in the draft if we need to.
He wants Okafur, Towns or Muiday.

Trade away any veterans we have, and tank our butts off and try and get Okafur.

Imagine...

Okafur
Smart
Mclemore (or)
Jones
Young
Sully
Olynyk
Zeller
Bradley
Clippers pick
Brooklyn picks.

Let Brad Stevens coach em' up from the cradle to the playoffs.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2014, 10:58:21 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

Or Harris.   The rest of the roster is 1.5mil or less.   

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2014, 10:58:28 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Sorry...but they have do get someone better than Wright for Rondo.  This is Wright's 7th year in the league and he's done a bunch of nothing...7pts, 4 rebs, 1 block...PU. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.