Author Topic: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green  (Read 32584 times)

Re: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2014, 08:24:22 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I would be shocked if Rondo is traded.

There just is nobody out there positioned to offer value for Rondo. Ainge would trading him for 20-30c on the dollar.

I think too many of us are valueing Rondo for what he's done for us previously and not what his market is as of December 17, 2014.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

There just is nobody out there positioned to offer value for Rondo. Ainge would trading him for 20-30c on the dollar.

I think too many of us are valueing Rondo for what he's done for us previously and not what his market is as of December 17, 2014.

Rondo's trade value is artificially low because he is an upcoming free agent.

This is not a good time to trade him unless either (1) you [well, Ainge] do not want to keep him (2) he [Rondo] does not want to stay.

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2014, 08:36:34 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

Rondo's trade value is artificially low because he is an upcoming free agent.

This is not a good time to trade him unless either (1) you [well, Ainge] do not want to keep him (2) he [Rondo] does not want to stay.

I'd agree it's artificially low and for a variety of reasons.

However the end result is it's low at this time and if Ainge decides he needs to move Rondo sooner rather than later, he'll be selling "low" by default.

Myself, long a Rondo apologist, is even starting to lower my expectations in a trade return.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2014, 08:56:04 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Selling low is just not in Danny Ainge's world.    Some of these crappy deals I'm seeing for Rondo are just silly.    Danny always gets what he wants, and that's always top price.

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Sully's big turnaround from 3 point range is a prime example of why Smart should be allowed to shoot in game as an attempt to improve.

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2014, 09:01:02 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
Selling low is just not in Danny Ainge's world.    Some of these crappy deals I'm seeing for Rondo are just silly.    Danny always gets what he wants, and that's always top price.

Would you say top price for Courtney Lee was Jared Bayless?
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wonder if the Kings offer is

To Kings: Rondo
To Celtics: Stauskus, Williams, Evans, 1st 

But Danny wants Mclemore instead.  King's won't give up Mclemore . Too late now

Danny wants to make a move now, then Feb gather all the 1sts and try to get a young francise calibre player. 

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2014, 09:08:54 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I still think you try and make the Godfather offer to Detroit for Drummond. Something like Rondo, Green, and a future first for Drummond and salary fillers.
That's not enough for Drummond.

I don't think Detroit would take this but it's not preposterous. That's a lot of good stuff and Drummond has regressed a bit this year.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2014, 09:11:20 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

Danny wants to make a move now, then Feb gather all the 1sts and try to get a young francise calibre player.

I wouldn't be so sure SAC won't give up Mac.

He's been pretty good for them but the owner, Rudy Gay, and Demarcus Cousins want to win now.
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

Would you say top price for Courtney Lee was Jared Bayless?

Wasn't that more about salary?   

« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--celtics-rajon-rondo-212808679.html

The Boston Celtics are exhibiting a renewed willingness to pursue trade packages that include point guard Rajon Rondo, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

As much as ever in his nine seasons in Boston, the Celtics have left strong impressions with rival organizations that they’re prepared to make a deal that includes Rondo, sources said. Boston has been engaged in discussions described as “serious” in recent days, but no trade agreement is imminent.
Boston's asking price for Rondo remains "pretty high, probably higher than most want to pay," one league official told Yahoo.

Trade talks with Rondo have been focused more in the Western Conference than Eastern, sources said.

Boston has been consistently shopping forward Jeff Green, trying to acquire a package that includes a first-round draft pick, sources said. Rondo being available would suggest Celtics general manager Danny Ainge is prepared to undergo a deeper rebuilding project and push harder for the highest possible draft position in the 2015 NBA draft.

Rondo, 28, will be a free agent in July, and Boston has been reluctant to meet his hope for a maximum – or near max – contract extension. Boston has been pleased with rookie point guard Marcus Smart, and could decide to turn the team over to him in a post-Rondo era.

Rondo has averaged eight points, 10.6 assists and 7.5 rebounds a game this season.

I think there should be a thread dedicated to all of Danny's attempts to trade Rondo, lol ;D.  Remember when he tried to trade him and Ray Allen for Stuckey and Hamilton in 2009-10? ::)  Ainge sucks.  I mean, really, Danny, you're going to try to get at or near the top of the lottery, again?  ::)  How many times do we have to do this before reality finally sets in?  Is the definition of insanity not doing the same thing over an over again and hoping for different results?

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2014, 09:23:56 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
The Lakers already owe their top 5 protected draft pick to Phoenix.
There's a good chance they continue to be horrible for the next 3 years. We could do a similar trade we made with the Nets unless they owe those also.

plz tell me your being sarcastic
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2014, 09:24:54 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
They've been trying to trade him for years

« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2014, 09:28:51 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

I think there should be a thread dedicated to all of Danny's attempts to trade Rondo, lol ;D.  Remember when he tried to trade him and Ray Allen for Stuckey and Hamilton in 2009-10? ::)  Ainge sucks.  I mean, really, Danny, you're going to try to get at or near the top of the lottery, again?  ::)  How many times do we have to do this before reality finally sets in?  Is the definition of insanity not doing the same thing over an over again and hoping for different results?

That Stuckey and Hamilton trade would have been brutal, but at least it would have kept Ray out of Miami!

I am ok with trading Rondo if it means we get a LEGIT prospect at the 2, 3 or 5.  That means McLemore, Henson, Drummond or Noel.  I might be even ok with Bojan Bogdanovic if we got something else to gut the Nets even further, but I doubt it with Williams and JJ there.

Also no, that is not the definition of insanity

« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2014, 09:30:08 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

How do you know that Danny wants McLemore?  And how do you know that the Kings won't trade him??   Inside sources?...CIA??
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.