Author Topic: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green  (Read 32653 times)

Re: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I still think you try and make the Godfather offer to Detroit for Drummond. Something like Rondo, Green, and a future first for Drummond and salary fillers.

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2014, 07:02:22 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I still think you try and make the Godfather offer to Detroit for Drummond. Something like Rondo, Green, and a future first for Drummond and salary fillers.
That's not enough for Drummond.

« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Mannix on Rondo-

(Paraphrasing)
The big difference is that the C's are the ones initiating the trade talks. This has increased over the last few weeks. In the past, the C's would be the ones receiving the calls. One team to keep your eye on is the Kings. However, the price remains high.

« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Maybe, but you still have to try. They'd at least have to listen to Rondo, Green, and the 2015 Clips pick for Drummond, Jennings, Jerebko, and Butler. It's an overpay, but it's worth it.

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2014, 07:11:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I would be shocked if Rondo is traded.

There just is nobody out there positioned to offer value for Rondo. Ainge would trading him for 20-30c on the dollar.

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2014, 07:20:19 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

agreed.  how bout we looped in ORL as a third team?

Detroit receives:  Rondo, Green, Tobias Harris, 2015 Bos 1st
Orlando receives:   Jennings, 2015 LAC 1st
Boston receives:  Drummond, Smith, BGordon

Orlando gets away from the Gordon contract, adds a legit starting pg and a 1st for the prospect Harris.  Detroit gets advil for their headache players-- those 3 with Monroe & Meeks could turn their team around, and they add the coveted Boston 2015 lotto pick.  Celts pair Drummond & Smart and get a legit 1a scoring option in Smith. 

who says no?

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

There just is nobody out there positioned to offer value for Rondo. Ainge would trading him for 20-30c on the dollar.

Yup ....I agree......I don't think anyone is offering decent young blue chip rookies and /or picks for Rondo.  sure DA is listening , but heck.....he won't even trade Bass away cheap .....Danny is TIgH ......he surely isn't giving Rondo away cheap.

DA is not expecting a play off team, and neither is Rondo.  Both know the score.   Rondo is coasting , it's obvious.  He isn't using up his body for a lottery bound season.

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

But that's only looking at rondo in a vacuum.  If the celtics are sensing they may not be able to keep rondo (either BC he wants to leave OR bc he wants highest offer and they aren't willing to meet it) then a deal for mclemore stauskas and a first simply for losing a few months of rondo looks a lot better.

The question is whether rondo will really be an attraction to big time FA. My guess is the celtics may not be sure.

This also could be a smokescreen and we are trying to trade for a stud from another team but have told them if they don't make a deal soon and rondo is dealt the offer is off the table. 

Will be interesting.

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Orlando gets away from the Gordon contract, adds a legit starting pg and a 1st for the prospect Harris.  Detroit gets advil for their headache players-- those 3 with Monroe & Meeks could turn their team around, and they add the coveted Boston 2015 lotto pick.  Celts pair Drummond & Smart and get a legit 1a scoring option in Smith. 

who says no?

Only if our 2015 pick is top 5 protected.  I do like the idea of getting Drummond though.  And it looks like Rondo and Green are not our long term future.  Rondo is a star PG who needs a supporting cast that we can't give, and Green is not suited to be a #1 scoring option even for a bottom of the pack team.

« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

who says no?

Only if our 2015 pick is top 5 protected.  I do like the idea of getting Drummond though.  And it looks like Rondo and Green are not our long term future.  Rondo is a star PG who needs a supporting cast that we can't give, and Green is not suited to be a #1 scoring option even for a bottom of the pack team.

Pistons would have Green, Rondo, Monroe, and Harris are all free agents and they lose Drummond...so they say no without any hesitation.

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2014, 07:39:39 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Orlando says no because they already have Oladipo and Payton to man their point guard spots.  They don't need Jennings' contract, especially at the expense of their leading scorer.  And Detroit says no since they're likely to lose Greg Monroe and would then be without both Drummond and Monroe.  Sure, they'd get to dump Smith, but what's the point of dumping him if you're also losing the rest of your front line?

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Green to Memphis is the best fit, just don't know what they'd give us lol.

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2014, 07:59:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I suspect Ainge is legitimately asking around to see if anyone wants Rondo, but that he won't come down from his reportedly high asking price and is content to figure out how much it costs to re-sign Rondo and if he wants to pay that or let him walk in the summer.

If Green is supposedly available for a package that includes a first, I expect that Rondo will probably remain a Celtic unless another team is willing to give up multiple firsts and a player on his rookie-scale contract who is not seen as a draft bust.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2014, 08:10:17 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
And here's something about Woj reporting on the Celtics:

You can at least say this for Wojnarowski’s Pistons coverage: His news scoops were accurate, however he procured them. On other subjects, though, his reporting has been consistently wrong, and he has lashed out with vicious opinion columns. His favorite targets include the New York Knicks management, the “Carolina way,” John Calipari, Larry Brown, college basketball coaches, former player’s union executive director Billy Hunter, agent David Falk, and Boston Celtics executive Danny Ainge.

It's possible that Woj has a blind spot on Celtics rumors because he doesn't have a good source to rely on.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
And here's something about Woj reporting on the Celtics:

You can at least say this for Wojnarowski’s Pistons coverage: His news scoops were accurate, however he procured them. On other subjects, though, his reporting has been consistently wrong, and he has lashed out with vicious opinion columns. His favorite targets include the New York Knicks management, the “Carolina way,” John Calipari, Larry Brown, college basketball coaches, former player’s union executive director Billy Hunter, agent David Falk, and Boston Celtics executive Danny Ainge.

It's possible that Woj has a blind spot on Celtics rumors because he doesn't have a good source to rely on.
TP for the link.