Author Topic: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green  (Read 32668 times)

Re: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
The Lakers already owe their top 5 protected draft pick to Phoenix.
There's a good chance they continue to be horrible for the next 3 years. We could do a similar trade we made with the Nets unless they owe those also.

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

And if it is in the top 5, they can't deal it seeing as their '16 pick will be spoken for. The exception to that though, is Boston could send back their least valuable '16 first to make the deal work. I doubt any of this happens anyways....

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2014, 05:47:53 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
1) Boston sends:Green+Rondo+Olynyk

Lakers send: 2014-15 lottery pick +Julius Randle+Nash+filler
   (would they win enough to lose the pick this year?)

2) Houston sends: Terrence Jones+ Clint Capela+Jason Terry+Ariza

Boston sends: Rondo+Green+Faverani.

Yea, considering we can't get that LA pick-- not sure I'd be happy with TJones/Ariza return.  Are you suggesting they'd move those two for Green with Rondo to LA?

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
So what's the wish list beyond -

McLemore and draft pick
T.Jones and draft pick

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2014, 05:55:57 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
So what's the wish list beyond -

McLemore and draft pick
T.Jones and draft pick

For *both* Green and Rondo, I'd want an all star.  That's a lot of salary to be moving for picks and prospects.

Here's my list--

Horford
Carmelo
Smith & Drummond
DeMarcus
Faried, Afflolo, 1st

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--celtics-rajon-rondo-212808679.html

The Boston Celtics are exhibiting a renewed willingness to pursue trade packages that include point guard Rajon Rondo, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

As much as ever in his nine seasons in Boston, the Celtics have left strong impressions with rival organizations that they’re prepared to make a deal that includes Rondo, sources said. Boston has been engaged in discussions described as “serious” in recent days, but no trade agreement is imminent.
Boston's asking price for Rondo remains "pretty high, probably higher than most want to pay," one league official told Yahoo.

Trade talks with Rondo have been focused more in the Western Conference than Eastern, sources said.

Boston has been consistently shopping forward Jeff Green, trying to acquire a package that includes a first-round draft pick, sources said. Rondo being available would suggest Celtics general manager Danny Ainge is prepared to undergo a deeper rebuilding project and push harder for the highest possible draft position in the 2015 NBA draft.

Rondo, 28, will be a free agent in July, and Boston has been reluctant to meet his hope for a maximum – or near max – contract extension. Boston has been pleased with rookie point guard Marcus Smart, and could decide to turn the team over to him in a post-Rondo era.

Rondo has averaged eight points, 10.6 assists and 7.5 rebounds a game this season.
Kind of have to decide whether or not we want to get something for Rondo now or watch him walk this summer.  I really don't believe we are the favorites to keep him unless we go out there and land a star prior to the trade deadline.  I genuinely think Ainge needs to make a choice here... either go all-in to acquire a player like Melo or cut his Rondo losses.

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
How about we look for a center or a top 5 draft pick?  Because we really don't need any more guards in return.

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2014, 05:57:20 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

And if it is in the top 5, they can't deal it seeing as their '16 pick will be spoken for. The exception to that though, is Boston could send back their least valuable '16 first to make the deal work. I doubt any of this happens anyways....

They have Houstons pick this year too though, so they aren't missing consecutive first round picks- So they can give us the pick if it's a top 5 pick. I think.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2014, 05:58:33 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

They can, however, draft a player and then trade him.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
1) Boston sends:Green+Rondo+Olynyk

Lakers send: 2014-15 lottery pick +Julius Randle+Nash+filler
   (would they win enough to lose the pick this year?)

2) Houston sends: Terrence Jones+ Clint Capela+Jason Terry+Ariza

Boston sends: Rondo+Green+Faverani.

Yea, considering we can't get that LA pick-- not sure I'd be happy with TJones/Ariza return.  Are you suggesting they'd move those two for Green with Rondo to LA?

I think LA can trade us the pick because they have the Rockets pick this year.
Would the Rockets send Jones+Ariza+Capela for Green+Rondo? I think that's a deal they have to take even if they are losing Ariza's solid deal.
They are thin at the PF spot but with the firepower of
Rondo
Harden
Green
Howard

they probably find a suitable expiring PF somewhere. If we could send them Bass too that would work for Montejunas+fillers.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

They have Houstons pick this year too though, so they aren't missing consecutive first round picks- So they can give us the pick if it's a top 5 pick. I think.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the Lin trade. But just think about how correct I would have been if I'd posted this before the Lin trade happened. :)

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2014, 06:00:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
So... business as usual?

Is there any new info here? You would think Rondo's been traded 5 times over with so many reporters and analysts and league sources saying a deal is on the way. Can someone just let me know when it actually happens already? At this point, I hope he is traded (my hope is Dallas and to a lesser extent Sac), I think it'll be nice to watch him play for a solid fan base before his career is over.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2014, 06:04:59 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
a lot of things aside if we are moving rondo, green and maybe kelly for future players, we are going to stink for a long time
i'm not sure i'll be kicking by the time the celtics are relevant again

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm hoping for Houston. Would love to see Danny help McHale to a championship this year.

It's gotta be the Kings. They're the only ones willing to approach Danny's price. Lol it would be funny if DA traded rondo just to sign him with cap space next year.
Their owner said he wants the next coach to be a "Jazz Director".

Sounds like someone who probably appreciates Rondo's game.

I'm feeling a Rondo for McLemore plus picks trade coming.

Sacramento really seems like a perfect storm of assets we might be interested in and a willingness to pay a high price to get talent there.  Every other possibility either seems too tightfisted to pay us or lacking the assets to make the deal make sense.  Three-way deals are always possibilities, though.

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Just not the Lakers. I am slowly coming to terms with being ok trading Rondo. Just don't wanna see him in Yellow and Purple.