Author Topic: TNR Wojnarowski Profile  (Read 4352 times)

Re: TNR Wojnarowski Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 11:19:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Does that mean that you think Woj is better than Simmons, Lowe, et al?

I think Woj is better than Simmons for the following.   Need I remind all the Rondo to NYC speculation by Simmons.   I like Simmons, he is a Celtics fan but Woj reports more than speculates.   I get a feeling most all of his info is sourced and actual reporting.  I can't say that for Simmons and definitely not ESPN.  ESPN is more about the talking head culture and all opinions.

One thing that irks me about ESPN is the hyping.   Look at Manziel in football, and how ESPN promoted him and covered him and look how he performed in the pros last Sunday.

That might have something to do with the fact that Woj is nominally a reporter, while Simmons is not.
   +1 TP
But most all news is aimed at an audience, while I like Bill Simmons and pro Celtics slant, and I agree with most of the time.   I agree with ESPN a lot less, more hype and marketing than reporting and I agree with Woj even more.  I know there is little true news anymore with out an attempt to influence the viewer or cater to their opinions.

NOTE: This does not make me right in this regard, it is simply my opinion.

What do these agents get by letting a guy like Woj "know"?

Unless its like a hs thing. You tell me a secret and i will tell you a secret game

If the NBA was game of thrones he would be Varys or Littlefinger, perhaps.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:26:06 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:24 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That might have something to do with the fact that Woj is nominally a reporter, while Simmons is not.  :D
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Anybody have a guess as to how he knows the players picked before the picks area announced?

Doesnt seem like it bothers the NBA too much.
Agents are told beforehand what's going on with their clients typically. There is a pretty small pool of NBA agents who represent a ton of players and most incoming draft picks. Those power agents usually know what's going on with the draft, especially with some teams leaking everything all over the place.

Ainge and a few other GMs don't really give agents a ton of info, hence why some teams "surprise" more in the draft.

What do these agents get by letting a guy like Woj "know"?

Unless its like a hs thing. You tell me a secret and i will tell you a secret game.

I wonder what happened or was about to go down between sac and celts this past draft. Katz was stating that there looks like  a deal is in place between celts pick and the kings. I wonder if it was suppose to be Mclemore  for the pick (If Smart didnt drop). Sac still took Stauskus with the 8th

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 11:22:45 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Woj is much more of a reporter than Simmons.  Kinda tough to compare the two.  Actually a fan of both. 

Think Woj is light years ahead of most of ESPN's NBA guys with the exception of Lowe. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 11:24:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Anybody still think Jackie Mcmullan's rep has been tarnished or greatly will be unless Rondo is traded or signs somewhere else next season?

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Anybody still think Jackie Mcmullan's rep has been tarnished or greatly will be unless Rondo is traded or signs somewhere else next season?

Not really.  She has about a 30 year track record that is relatively strong. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 11:27:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Not really.  She has about a 30 year track record that is relatively strong.
Plus to give her benefit of the doubt circumstances could clearly change over an entire season if Rondo is retained.

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 01:20:28 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Simmons and Jalen are intolerable to listen to when discussing NBA, anything else they talk about is good entertainment. 

Lowe is actaully a million times more in touch with the pulse of the NBA then these two and I would consider him an expert on the NBA compared to most other journalist.

Woj is good for ONE thing and ONE thing only, breaking news.  I would never waste time reading his articles.