Author Topic: Cs, Indy, Phoenix blow up trade (idea)  (Read 1411 times)

Cs, Indy, Phoenix blow up trade (idea)
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:32:05 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I posted this earlier in the big " per Woj: Danny is active on the phones...." thread. With so much info about active teams and the inevitable why trade Rondo thread breakdown it received little attention. (maybe due to just being a bad idea but I disagree).

I look at this trade as a good idea only if retaining Rondo and Green in the off-season seems unrealistic to DA.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kpfu95u

Celtics receive
     Thomas
     Len
     G Green
     Scola (waive)
     Suns 2015 1st
     Indy 2016 1st loto protected

Pacers receive
    Rondo
    Tucker
    Plumlee

Suns receive
    Hibbert
    Green
    Pressey
    celtics 2015 2nd rd pick

Why

Celtics, this is a 100% rebuild/bottom out move. They trade their two most productive players. The return are players with great contracts and high upside value. Thomas is very productive, on a good contract, and only 25. His size will always be an issue but he is a good PG who we know DA likes. Len is full of potential at only 21 standing 7'1 with a frame that still has alot of filling out to do. He was the 2013 5th pick and after and injury filled rookie season is averaging 5pt 5rb and 1 blk in only 18min. His ceiling is that of a near double double and 2+ a game big man. G Green is a throw but will fill the void left by trading J Green as a scorer. The suns first should be a pick in the early 20s and with the suns also holding the lakers pick this year and possibly the t-wolves.

Suns,

The upgrade their talent with Green and Hibbert. Green joings the Morris brothers to form a 3 F rotation that is super versatile on offense. Hibbert gives them a big presence inside who is an upgrade over plummlee and len for the next few seasons. Those two along with Gortat and Bledsoe give this team the talent to make some noise in the playoffs while still holding 1st rd picks from the suns and t-wolves.

Indy,

They gain Rondo and his bird rights. If they retain him he will pair with George to form the core of the future in Indy. Hibbert for Plumlee may be a better long term fit for Indy. Plumlee isn't the rim protector that hibbert is but he is mobile and a active body on the glass. He should be a solid role playing starter. Tucker is more then just a throw in he provides a tough 3-D SF to either start along George or come off the bench as a 6th man. With the addition of Rondo George Hill can become the 6th man, small SG, or be traded for a SG upgrade.

(Wanted to add if Indy can clear space and make a run at Milsap in the offseason that team has contender potential. )

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:23:29 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Cs, Indy, Phoenix blow up trade (idea)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:06:22 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
I would love this move but I don't think Rondo has any value since he's been exposed as a role player to everyone. If we could get G-Money back that would be awesome. Never should have traded him.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:04:13 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would love this move but I don't think Rondo has any value since he's been exposed as a role player to everyone. If we could get G-Money back that would be awesome. Never should have traded him.

I will agree that his value is down. I don't really think its that he has been exposed as a role player because he always has been one. I have mentioned in previous posts that some really good players like Rondo, Noah, Chandler, Shawn Marion are elite or allstar level role players. In the past Ben Wallace was an allstar role player, Rodman is a hall of fame role player. On their own these players lack the complete skill set to carry a team but they can thrive in complementary roles. I think Rondo's trade value is down because he is a FA and he will have the final say if he stays or goes next off-season.

I do think Rondo has enough value to make this trade happen.

Look at it very basically.

Rondo + Plumlee + Tucker (>,=,<) Hibbert, Scola, loto protected 1st?

I say Rondo Tucker and Plumlee are more valuable.

Thomas + Len + Plumlee + G Green + 1st (prob 15-20) (>,=,<) Hibbert + Green + Pressey + a good 2nd rd pick

This one is close because of potential but in terms of talent on the court today Hibbert and Green are clearly better. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 02:52:14 PM »

Offline curtjester1

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I'd give it an ok. Not a perfect deal, but a better than we got going, deal.