Author Topic: Where should we send Rondo?  (Read 3921 times)

Where should we send Rondo?
« on: December 17, 2014, 02:38:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Since apparently the prevailing attitude towards him on this blog seems to suggest that you guys would essentially prefer Phil Pressey over our captain, where do you want to ship him, and for whom and/or what?  I'm curious, so let's see the proposals from everyone who has compared him to a steaming pile of poo, lol ;D.

Re: Where should we send Rondo?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 02:54:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 03:01:39 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kubsz2d

We get Terry's expiring, Papanikolaou (hopefully traded ASAP so I don't have to spell that too many more times) and the 2015 NOP 1st that Houston owns.

It would be sweet if they coughed up Terrence Jones and sent him to a third team like Golden State for Draymond Green, but that's probably unrealistic.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 03:24:55 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

We get Terry's expiring, Papanikolaou (hopefully traded ASAP so I don't have to spell that too many more times) and the 2015 NOP 1st that Houston owns.

It would be sweet if they coughed up Terrence Jones and sent him to a third team like Golden State for Draymond Green, but that's probably unrealistic.

Umm, no.  Just no.  Any scenario that involves Jason Terry returning to Boston is just, no, lol. ;D  It's called a repressed memory - now drop it! ;D

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 03:44:48 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbgqgc5

No picks, just a straight swap. Bargnani is a expiring contract, gives more minutes to our new captain Phil Pressey, so yeh... what's not to like??  ::)

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 03:44:48 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Umm, no.  Just no.  Any scenario that involves Jason Terry returning to Boston is just, no, lol. ;D  It's called a repressed memory - now drop it! ;D

In all seriousness, I'm wondering what you would actually consider trading Rondo for if you wouldn't take him for Steph Curry.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:40:11 AM by TheFlex »

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 04:42:12 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Since apparently the prevailing attitude towards him on this blog seems to suggest that you guys would essentially prefer Phil Pressey over our captain, where do you want to ship him, and for whom and/or what?  I'm curious, so let's see the proposals from everyone who has compared him to a steaming pile of poo, lol ;D.

I feel Pressey should be playing 30 minutes a night on this team. It helps the tank. As for Rondo trade him for whatever the Celtics can get. I'm thinking only a 2nd rounder but even a 2nd rounder would be beneficial since it would help the overall draft position for the Celtics.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 04:57:39 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Id say see if Sacramento panics and try's to make a move for him if possible find a third team who needs AB.

My idea Bos-Sac-Phi

To Boston: Mclemore, Wroten, Richardson(expiring), either stauskas or a first from sac.

To Phi: AB, D.Williams, Thompson

To Sac: Rondo, AK, ET

We get a 9 mil expiring and have a rejuvenated backcourt smart, Mclemore, Wroten, stauskas??

Phi needs a some semblance of a veteran presence which they would get. AB would be a perfect fit in filly with the way he runs especially if they can get a scoring presence at SF.

Sac goes at it with rondo gay and cousins not losing collision would be huge putting him at sg and or bringing him off the bench with turner and ak would be huge.

What do you guys think?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 05:09:46 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbgqgc5

No picks, just a straight swap. Bargnani is a expiring contract, gives more minutes to our new captain Phil Pressey, so yeh... what's not to like??  ::)

I'm down. ;D  Now where do I sign, lol?

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 05:14:44 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

In all seriousness, I'm wondering what you would actually consider trading Rondo for if you wouldn't take him for Steph Curry.

I wouldn't.  That's kind of the point, haha.  If I had to trade him, though, I'd send him to the Pacers in that ridiculous scenario I created on the trade machine, above.  We're going to suck, anyway, and we should send Rondo to a young contender as a way of saying, "thank you." :'(  With any luck, a lineup of Rondo, Shumpert, George, West, and Hibbert will frustrate Lebron for the rest of his career and prevent him from ever returning to the NBA Finals, while Rondo plays the DJ role for Indiana.  I don't think Rose would make it to the Finals, either, as long as Bird continues to fill out the bench.

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 07:26:37 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Id say see if Sacramento panics and try's to make a move for him if possible find a third team who needs AB.

My idea Bos-Sac-Phi

To Boston: Mclemore, Wroten, Richardson(expiring), either stauskas or a first from sac.

We get a 9 mil expiring and have a rejuvenated backcourt smart, Mclemore, Wroten, stauskas??

Phi needs a some semblance of a veteran presence which they would get. AB would be a perfect fit in filly with the way he runs especially if they can get a scoring presence at SF.

Sac goes at it with rondo gay and cousins not losing collision would be huge putting him at sg and or bringing him off the bench with turner and ak would be huge.

What do you guys think?

I like Wroten, feel kind of sorry for him having to play for that omnishambles in Philly.

Still not sold on McLemore, but if we get Stauskas as well then hopefully one of them would develop into a respectable SG.

Philly can point to this trade and say "We tried, honest!"

That Sacramento team would be entertaining if nothing else.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 07:27:51 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29

My idea Bos-Sac-Phi

What do you guys think?

I like Wroten, feel kind of sorry for him having to play for that omnishambles in Philly.

Still not sold on McLemore, but if we get Stauskas as well then hopefully one of them would develop into a respectable SG.

Philly can point to this trade and say "We tried, honest!"

That Sacramento team would be entertaining if nothing else.

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 07:41:41 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Send Rondo to Pistons with Green and KO. For Drummond, Jennings and fillers. Throw in a conditional picks if both Rondo and Green walk they get a future 1st plus two future 2nds.

Flip Jennings to Rockets for NO 1st and TE.

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 08:10:06 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Mark Price free throw shooting school
ZING!

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 08:14:20 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962