Author Topic: How Bad Does Sullinger Have to Play Before People Want to Bench Him?  (Read 11337 times)

Re: How Bad Does Sullinger Have to Play Before People Want to Bench Him?
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Sully has a few bad games and... (h/t Roy H.)

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2014, 06:14:25 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Can't read this thread but cone people.

Sully will start every game this year.

I really haven't read this thread yet, btw.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Can't read this thread but cone people.

Sully will start every game this year.

I really haven't read this thread yet, btw.

Okay, I remember seeing that in someone's forum profile as a kind of yearbook quote, lol (I think it was D.O.S.), but I have to ask - where did it come from?  I'm assuming that it was a typo that was supposed to be, "come on, people," right?  Just checking.

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trade him for Monroe .   Start Monroe at Center ..Zeller backup

Keep KO at PF .

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 08:07:22 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Sullinger is 22 years old.
He got 11 rebounds in our last game.
He is in a small shooting slump.
So what?

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 09:07:10 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Sully will break out of his offensive slump but not his year long defensive slump.

Kind of reminds me of the Big Al debates. Great offensive player but was a huge liability on defense. The bad part for Sully is his offensive value is not even close to Big Al's yet. Obviously Sully's game is much different but both of these players are terrible defenders that cancel out their offensive worth.

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2014, 09:52:35 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Sully will break out of his offensive slump but not his year long defensive slump.

Kind of reminds me of the Big Al debates. Great offensive player but was a huge liability on defense. The bad part for Sully is his offensive value is not even close to Big Al's yet. Obviously Sully's game is much different but both of these players are terrible defenders that cancel out their offensive worth.

Yeah, I think you've got it pegged about right. Sully is 85-90% of what AlJeff was through his first three years (though an updated version, shooting out to the 3), before becoming the centerpiece for the big trade.

I'd like to see Sully used the same way, but he's got to at least come out of his offensive funk to plump his stats a bit if he's going to come close to filling the same sort of role.

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Keep KO at PF .

Then Monroe leaves next year and you gave up Sully for nothing.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
Did he help his case laughing after a bad play the other night?

Does it really matter?  What do you want him to do, sulk and cry??
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 10:35:03 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Keep KO at PF .

Monroe has a trade clause. So he could actually pick were he would want to go and resign. Green is friends with him, and they share the same agent. DA did right by Green when Green agreed to waive his contract when he went down with the heart issue, and the next season DA gave him a nice contract. Which will sit well with Green and his agent, which in return help talk up the Celtics to Monroe.

YEah he can still bolt, but so could Sully after a couple more seasons. There are no guarantees, but I have huge faith in the organization and how well players receive the franchise once they get hear. Plus how good would it be if they can bring KG in for one more season as a player/big man coach and maybe get Monroe to play some legit D.

So I say roll the dice. Sully isn't really lighting it up, KO has been out playing him the last few games, even on the D, which is saying some thing.

Also the Celts should still be bad enough they could get an other PF if they feel Monroe wont resign. Kinda the nice thing about the butt load of picks DA gathered. 

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2014, 10:51:30 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 10:52:49 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Keep KO at PF .

Monroe has a trade clause. So he could actually pick were he would want to go and resign. Green is friends with him, and they share the same agent. DA did right by Green when Green agreed to waive his contract when he went down with the heart issue, and the next season DA gave him a nice contract. Which will sit well with Green and his agent, which in return help talk up the Celtics to Monroe.

YEah he can still bolt, but so could Sully after a couple more seasons. There are no guarantees, but I have huge faith in the organization and how well players receive the franchise once they get hear. Plus how good would it be if they can bring KG in for one more season as a player/big man coach and maybe get Monroe to play some legit D.

So I say roll the dice. Sully isn't really lighting it up, KO has been out playing him the last few games, even on the D, which is saying some thing.

Also the Celts should still be bad enough they could get an other PF if they feel Monroe wont resign. Kinda the nice thing about the butt load of picks DA gathered.

Green staying here could actually hurt the C's chances to resign Monroe.
"YEah he can still bolt, but so could Sully after a couple more seasons."...Huh?  Sorry but that makes no sense.  You would rather have Monroe for half a season than Sully for a couple more seasons???

The whole KG angle is a dream and not based on any facts so that is totally irrelevant in this discussion.

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
While I do like Greg Monroe, I think it's only fair that I point out that he isn't a shot-blocker, either.  I mean, he has the size to become one, but he isn't exactly Mutombo, lol ;D.  Could we get Henson for Sullinger?

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2014, 11:37:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
"YEah he can still bolt, but so could Sully after a couple more seasons."...Huh?  Sorry but that makes no sense.  You would rather have Monroe for half a season than Sully for a couple more seasons???

We can only hope he bolts or we trade Sully.   Because defensively he does not get it done and lately even offensively he has done poorly.

Does it really matter?  What do you want him to do, sulk and cry??

Nope, caring would be enough for me.

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2014, 12:09:22 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Yeah, I think you've got it pegged about right. Sully is 85-90% of what AlJeff was through his first three years (though an updated version, shooting out to the 3), before becoming the centerpiece for the big trade.

I'd like to see Sully used the same way, but he's got to at least come out of his offensive funk to plump his stats a bit if he's going to come close to filling the same sort of role.
Anything is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

And you're right about needing to pump up Sully's numbers. If this could ever happen, I think Sully needs to get close to 18-19 points with 11 boards. Maybe he gets there next year.