Author Topic: Lance and a first rounder for Jeff Green???  (Read 8122 times)

Re: Lance and a first rounder for Jeff Green???
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 07:49:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If he was any count or help ....why wouldn't they keep him....?

Ans....cause he is an overrated jerk.,  non coachable .....maybe Doc could brown nose him enough .

Also.....wasn't Stevens one of the guys that made Turner feel uncomfortable on the Pacers.  That wouldn't work bringing him in with ET. 

No way.......he is the reincarnation of Meta World Peace

Let the thug head to LA clippers or Lakers

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 08:01:13 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd offer Thornton, Bass, and Turner for Stephenson, Biyombo, and Jeff Taylor.  If Stephenson can't accept a role as a 25mpg sixth man behind Green and Bradley, I don't think I want him.  If he can, I'd give him a chance to earn a starting job, although I think he'd cause the same problem in Charlotte where he kills floor spacing if you don't surround him with good shooters.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 08:16:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
If the hornets are willing to give up a 1st just to get rid of lance... And the pistons want just a 1st for Monroe...  We obviously need to trade bass for lance and a 1st and them trade the 1st for Monroe.  Whammo.  Piece of cake.

Lol

It will never fly, but tp for the laughs! :)

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
If the hornets are willing to give up a 1st just to get rid of lance... And the pistons want just a 1st for Monroe...  We obviously need to trade bass for lance and a 1st and them trade the 1st for Monroe.  Whammo.  Piece of cake.

Lol

What is your plan for resigning Monroe next Summer?   Are you going to renounce Rondo or Green?  Otherwise, there is not enough room to resign all three.   What if the reason Monroe came here (he gets to choose who he gets traded to, remember?) is to play with both those guys?

The better way to get Monroe is to wait until Summer, when his Bird Rights have vested for Detroit and then do a sign & trade for him while staying over the cap, not renouncing anyone.  Works better for him, for us and for Detroit.

All that depends on both Monroe wanting to come here and Danny wanting to get him, of course.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 08:58:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Lol

What is your plan for resigning Monroe next Summer?   Are you going to renounce Rondo or Green?  Otherwise, there is not enough room to resign all three.   What if the reason Monroe came here (he gets to choose who he gets traded to, remember?) is to play with both those guys?

The better way to get Monroe is to wait until Summer, when his Bird Rights have vested for Detroit and then do a sign & trade for him while staying over the cap, not renouncing anyone.  Works better for him, for us and for Detroit.

All that depends on both Monroe wanting to come here and Danny wanting to get him, of course.

Exactly. My dream is to trade for Hibbert or Melo and then  S&T'd Monroe in the summer. Either would be quite a troika.

Rondo/Melo/Monroe or
Rondo/Monroe/Hibbert

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 11:58:26 PM »

Offline Mikedmx6

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm not trying to just compare Stephenson's play for 20 games, i don't think he's ever been that good.  No way I trade our best sf for a sg who's not much better than what we have already.  I'd prob be willing to do a bradley Stephenson deal or something but wouldn't go out of way for this guy,  he's only known because of his silly antics

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 12:58:37 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
worst trade of the year, who ever thinks stephenson is that good must be blind
thorton bradley are both enough to play give us something from offense
and if your problem is rebounding
get me a green for a rebounding center, but it ain't gonna happen

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 01:10:11 AM »

Offline Ragingrondo

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
i was just wondering if you guys think jeff green is an all-star this year?

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 09:57:03 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
This thread has to be a joke right? Like jeff has been one of the brightest spots on this team and you want to trade him for Stephenson, have you seen Lance play this year? Another over the top contract this season dished out like bradleys.

You're dismissing Lance Stephenson after a poor first 20 games and acting like Jeff Green is some kind of All Star talent.
Jeff is an expiring deal, and someone who'll be significantly overpaid for his mediocre services.
I would take the last 2 seasons and the first 20 games of this season of Lance over Jeff Green's 4 seasons in Boston in a heartbeat. He is screaming for discipline and guidance on the court- just like his buddy Evan Turner. Stevens' specialty is getting players their most high percentage shots and working with their strengths.
 Lance's deal at 3 years/ $27 million is not even close to a horror contract- If he goes to the right system and right coach, that contract is going to be BARGAIN.

Why does Indiana want him back? They know how to tame the beast and it starts with the professionalism of the organization. This is the Bobcats we are talking about here.

Jeff Green is averaging 20 PPG this year while also being one of the better defensive small forwards in the east.  He's right on the borderline of all star calibre right now.   With Paul George out,  I don't think Green being an all star is entirely out of the question...though unlikely.

I would not trade him for a head case and a pick.  That pick could just as easily become Michael Olowokandi or Darko Milicic as it could an Anthony Davis or Dwight.  May as well trade green for one hand on a roulette table.