Author Topic: Celtics-Pacers-Hornets three way trade idea  (Read 1270 times)

Celtics-Pacers-Hornets three way trade idea
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Pacers: Rondo 
To Hornets: Copeland, CJ Miles,  Faverani
To Celtics: Stephenson, Mahinmi

Starting unit
Zeller
KO
Green
Stephenson(primary ball handler)
AB

2nd unit
Mahinmi
Sullinger/Bass
Turner/Young/Wallace
Thornton
Smart/Pressey

good?

Re: Celtics-Pacers-Hornets three way trade idea
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:57:54 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I don't see why the Hornets would even consider that.

I guess it makes sense if Stephenson is genuinely so disliked that he has negative/zero trade value right now. But in that case, why are we giving away Rondo for him?

Pacers most certainly win the trade.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:59:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Do you project Ian Mahinmi as a future all-star because [apparently] the Bobcats are being asked to give up a first just to take on Stephenson.

I may give up Bradley for this package and that's only because I am a sucker for reclamation projects with all-star potential (Stephenson). There are many here on CB who wouldn't take him for free.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 11:00:59 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
I've mentioned this before but AB-Stephenson is a nice, clean trade that works for both sides.

That said, it all depends on how toxic Stephenson actually is in the locker room. That's something us fans have no way of knowing.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 11:07:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Like stephenson and kemba has not worked, rondo and stephenson backcourt wont work either. Stephenson excels as a primary ball handler

I dont like stephenson but he is talented and just immature right now.  Younger , cheaper than rondo.   

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
Like stephenson and kemba has not worked, rondo and stephenson backcourt wont work either. Stephenson excels as a primary ball handler

I dont like stephenson but he is talented and just immature right now.  Younger , cheaper than rondo.

I doubt Rondo will be here next year so I don't really think it's a problem. Think he'd be a great fit with Smart given that we don't seem to trust the latter with primary ball-handling duties yet.

At the end of the day he's a potentially reclaimable high-upside asset that we'd only be interested in if we could get for basically nothing. I think it's worth the risk.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I doubt Rondo will be here next year so I don't really think it's a problem. Think he'd be a great fit with Smart given that we don't seem to trust the latter with primary ball-handling duties yet.

At the end of the day he's a potentially reclaimable high-upside asset that we'd only be interested in if we could get for basically nothing. I think it's worth the risk.

True. With lance and smart, rondo likely wont resign / be back for next season