Author Topic: Trade with Charlotte  (Read 6332 times)

Re: Trade with Charlotte
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
oohh so this trade didn't actually happen? these darn misleading threads.....in the wrong forum no less.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 05:56:55 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
Once the January deadline passes I think AB + filler for Lance may be a surprisingly realistic option. I might take that gamble.

Charlotte isn't letting us touch MKG.

This. Stephenson would be a great fit on Steven's read and react "motion" type of offense.

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like this one better

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6538243

Gives us some length too and athletic ability.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
no possibility Charlotte would agree to this

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
DA would be fired if he traded sully for cody zeller.  All these proposals are atrocious.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 08:29:46 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I think this is actually a pretty good deal. Bass is a nice backup to Al Jefferson, and I bet Bradley could co-exist with Kemba Walker. I don't think MKG is that great - he can't shoot! He's a D and ? guy.

But I don't want to watch Stephenson mock opponents for our team. He plays a style of basketball that I think is often disrespectful.

Not a Paul Pierce fan?

Good point.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 08:44:50 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I cringe at the idea of this clown Stevenson in green.

Stevenson - the player is a good prospect. However with Smart we have everything he can provide and more.

Stevenson - the locker room virus and based on no real achievements "Born ready" stuff - I absolutely do not want this guy in green.

I will never forget this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMT0xeONrhg

This is Lance in a nutshell - capable player, absolute ****. Perfect fit for the Lakers.

Just curious, have you ever shared a locker room with Stephenson? How do you know he's a locker room virus?

As long as he can play on the court and help the team win, he can dance the tango naked in the locker room as far as I am concerned.

Also, I think we need to really pump the breaks on Marcus Smart.

Yes, he showed flashes of brilliance in that double overtime game vs the Wizards but we still don't quite know what kind of player he will develop into and, he's already gotten injured twice this season.

I feel this team right now needs a kick in the ass and Stephenson could be just that guy.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 09:39:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
DA would be fired if he traded sully for cody zeller.

What he went 2-10 again and got posterized on  a block by Noel and blank bagged on another?  I would rather take a flyer on a kid who is seven foot tall and has a 35" standing vert than a 6'7" guy with a 29 vertical.   

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 09:41:16 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
DA would be fired if he traded sully for cody zeller.

What he went 2-10 again and got posterized on  a block by Noel and blank bagged on another?   I do not give the love for this guy or people not being able to discern that he is a low average player.

Sullinger had been performing consistently at a very high level for almost 20 games before this recent slump. He's fine, just needs a rest.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 09:46:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Sullinger had been performing consistently at a very high level for almost 20 games before this recent slump.

Not on Defense he has not been performing well.   He is an solid rebounder.

But I call BS on this one.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6624/jared-sullinger

Look at his splits, their not very consistent.  He has some good games here and there but was awful on d in all of them.   I liked his D a little better tonight but then again Noel had a career night against at times.

You and I definitely have different opinions of what is high level.  The above stats are not high level.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 09:48:51 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Sullinger had been performing consistently at a very high level for almost 20 games before this recent slump.

Not on Defense he has not been performing well.   He is an solid rebounder.

But I call BS on this one.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6624/jared-sullinger

Look at his splits, their not very consistent.  He has some good games here and there but was awful on d in all of them.   I liked his D a little better tonight but then again Noel had a career night against at times.

You and I definitely have different opinions of what is high level.  The above stats are not high level.

His December splits (against very tough opposition) are 16-9-3 on 48% shooting.

I think that's quite good, even assuming that he's not all that on defense.

Great words from a great man