Author Topic: Who's your top 3 Surprise teams so far?  (Read 3626 times)

Re: Who's your top 3 Surprise teams so far?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 01:47:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
why would Toronto surprise anyone?  They won the Atlantic last year and of their top 11 from last year only 8th man John Salmons was not brought back and I think they upgraded his slot with Louis Williams (they also added James Johnson to the rotation as well Stiemsma, Nogueira, and Caboclo to the deep bench).  The surprise would have been Toronto not playing like the clear favorites in the Atlantic.

Agreed.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Everyone is about where I would expect, but:

Houston - I thought they would be a 6 seed and they're a legit 3 seed.  They look fantastic this year.  James Harden is only 25

Orlando - they're only 10-17, but I thought they would be like 5-23 right now.  They look good

Milwaukee - They look really good and even knocked off the Clips last week, which improves both of our 1st rounders this year.  A+ league pass team

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Better:
Atlanta - I figured this season would be a prime opportunity to commit to a full-scale rebuild; instead, they've jumped out as one of the five best teams in the East.
Memphis - I predicted they'd be the one Western playoff team to miss the postseason this year; they responded to that with the second-best record in the league.
Golden State -  I knew they'd be good, but I wasn't expecting a record of 21-4 good.

Worse:
Charlotte - they've cratered after a relatively promising season last year.
Detroit - they're absolutely god-awful and somehow worse than last year.
New York - I knew they'd be terrible, but I wasn't expecting a record of 5-22 terrible.

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »

Offline curtjester1

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Portland is just tough to beat, and didn't expect them to be this good. 
Bucks were expected to be top three worst, and they have over-exceeded.  Too bad Parker's down, they'll be slipping.
Sixers I thought would be better with some outstanding draft pickings.  Too much injury problems still and Noel hasn't really found his way yet. 

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
So for Charlotte, is it the Lance Stephenson effect? He is better talent wise than what they had last year but it could be chemistry wise he's a disaster.

Some of it is due to McRoberts/Tolliver/CDR making 258 out of Charlotte's 516 threes last season and being replaced by Stephenson going 8 for 51.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference