Author Topic: Question (I wasn't sure where to post this) about forum rules regarding.....  (Read 4080 times)

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
.....can I post a topic thread related to sports betting/gambling or is that frowned upon?

I am not referring to "online gambling". I am more interested in thread topics about the discussion of the "lines", "spread".....not interested in websites to gamble (to lose my money).

Within the forum "posting rules", I didn't see any section cover this subject.

Most of us "play" fantasy sports, and in a way that is a "form" of gambling.

I notice Fanduel is one of this site's sponsors. I play Fanduel too. I have not yet attempted Draftkings....maybe after Xmas.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's a grey area.  We don't allow discussion of illegal matters, and therefore we ask people to steer clear of discussing gambling.  Technically, sports betting is legal in Nevada, but it's probably fair to say that a small percentage of our membership is from Vegas. 

Similarly, with the FanDuel / SportsKings stuff, we ask people to focus on the games itself, rather than the monetary aspect.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
It's a grey area.  We don't allow discussion of illegal matters, and therefore we ask people to steer clear of discussing gambling.  Technically, sports betting is legal in Nevada, but it's probably fair to say that a small percentage of our membership is from Vegas. 

Similarly, with the FanDuel / SportsKings stuff, we ask people to focus on the games itself, rather than the monetary aspect.

Got it Roy, thank ya much!