Author Topic: Obligatory "Clips Record Thus Far" Thread  (Read 5195 times)

Re: Obligatory "Clips Record Thus Far" Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 04:32:44 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
If the Clippers suffer one injury from CP3, Griffin or Jordan. I think the chances of them making the playoffs are slim.

When CP3 was out last year, Griffin stepped up and dominated. There is no chance that they don't make the playoffs. Sorry!

That's why I included Griffin or Jordan too......

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Updating this thread every week or so isn't good enough for me. Clipps were lucky to beat the Jabari-less Bucks at Staples, then lost to the Spurs last night. They face a tough challenge in Atlanta tonight, and then Christmas they've got the Warriors to deal with. They are going to sink like a stone.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

They're 6 games ahead of OKC, and I expect that gap to narrow before they enter their tough stretch at the end of January.

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Updating this thread every week or so isn't good enough for me. Clipps were lucky to beat the Jabari-less Bucks at Staples, then lost to the Spurs last night. They face a tough challenge in Atlanta tonight, and then Christmas they've got the Warriors to deal with. They are going to sink like a stone.

They're 6 games ahead of OKC, and I expect that gap to narrow before they enter their tough stretch at the end of January.

Can we merge this with the Clippers pick watch thread?  There has been good discussion/info there as well.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 10:07:25 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Can we merge this with the Clippers pick watch thread?  There has been good discussion/info there as well.

Fine with me, but I'm just a lowly poster.

That said, Clipps lose a squeaker in Atlanta tonight.

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:21 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Yes, I made this thread and apologize for not looking through the Forum close enough before doing so -- I made the post on my phone and after the first two pages figured it wasn't an issue. My bad.

The Clips loss has been reported tonight, but just bumping so that the merging process can be expedited.

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 02:45:57 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
In case people haven't seen this site, it's pretty helpful in keeping up to date on our pick situation. The guy who runs it updates rather frequently.

http://www.tankathon.com/celtics

H/T RealGM Boards

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 02:49:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There's a shot we end up with the Dallas pick if ROndo plays them out of the playoffs.  1-2 so far.  As expected, the offense looks less efficient and Ellis/Rondo are starting to have trouble co-existing.  Should be interesting.

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
There's a shot we end up with the Dallas pick if ROndo plays them out of the playoffs.  1-2 so far.  As expected, the offense looks less efficient and Ellis/Rondo are starting to have trouble co-existing.  Should be interesting.

Is this the draft we want to have 3 (essentially 4) 1st rounders in, or do we hope the Mavs' pick carries over?

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Is this the draft we want to have 3 (essentially 4) 1st rounders in, or do we hope the Mavs' pick carries over?

We only get the Mavs pick if it's 4-14.  I don't see the Mavs missing the playoffs, but having the 14th pick in this draft would definitely not be something you turn down.

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

We only get the Mavs pick if it's 4-14.  I don't see the Mavs missing the playoffs, but having the 14th pick in this draft would definitely not be something you turn down.
Mavs missing the playoffs is unlikely, but it's in play.  Pelicans and Thunder are on the outside right now... A lot can happen before the end of the season and I think the Mavs got worse with the Rondo trade.

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
Clips lose today to Toronto... 4-6 in their last 10. Simmons just went on a rant on Twitter about how the Clips don't like playing with each other:

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons  ·  2h 2 hours ago
...And I'm not sure how you fix that. The Clips seems bored/detached, like they are the defending champs or something. They've done nothing.

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons  ·  2h 2 hours ago
You can point to the awful bench, no perimeter stopper etc, but the real prob with the Clips is they don't love playing with each other...

Next 3 are relatively easy ones: Utah, NYK, PHI. If LAC can squeak out a loss in those three games that would go a long way for BOS' draft position and the Clips' steady decline.

You gotta think SAN and OKC will eventually pass them at some point.

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Is this really what it has come to? Hoping another team suffers injuries so we can get a lottery pick? Why don't we do what is actually within our control and tank hard for Towns or Okafor? None less than the HOF Magic Johnson has endorsed the tank.
Lazy Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.;D
Seriously now, unless we get extremely lucky Towns/Okafor/Mudiay are out of the question.

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

In the large scheme of things, it doesn't make a huge difference, but 'the sooner the better' is a bit of proverbial wisdom that applies well to young talents+ this year's draft is really good and deep.

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 04:35:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

In the large scheme of things, it doesn't make a huge difference, but 'the sooner the better' is a bit of proverbial wisdom that applies well to young talents+ this year's draft is really good and deep.

Disagree here. The Mavs pick this season looks to be locked up in the 20's, but next year's could potentially end up being a late lottery pick should things fall our way. The west is loaded (SA, OKC, MEM, POR, LAC, HOU, and GS), so all we would need is NO, PHO, or another one of the rising teams to surpass them. Plus, Dirk will be another year older so that also bodes well. Also, don't forget that according to WOJ the C's wanted the pick to be protected from 15-30 this season for probably the same reasons addressed above.

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 04:41:26 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Disagree here. The Mavs pick this season looks to be locked up in the 20's, but next year's could potentially end up being a late lottery pick should things fall our way. The west is loaded (SA, OKC, MEM, POR, LAC, HOU, and GS), so all we would need is NO, PHO, or another one of the rising teams to surpass them. Plus, Dirk will be another year older so that also bodes well. Also, don't forget that according to WOJ the C's wanted the pick to be protected from 15-30 this season for probably the same reasons addressed above.
Not quite sure what we disagree about. I am not saying that we would rather have the unprotected pick of the Mavs this year. I am comparing the protected Mavs pick this year vs the Mavs pick next year. Are you really saying you wouldn't like Dallas to miss the playoffs?