Author Topic: David Lee and Iguodala = overpaid bench players?  (Read 937 times)

David Lee and Iguodala = overpaid bench players?
« on: December 12, 2014, 10:16:01 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
golden State is rolling right now but they have a huge payroll. Iguodala comes off the bench and Lee may be backing up Green at PF once he come back.

Would G-St trade them for Bass, Thornton, and Wallace? They save a ton of money, we upgrade the roster.

Re: David Lee and Iguodala = overpaid bench players?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 10:20:35 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Lee is good on paper but he never seems to really help his teams in practice, even when he's putting up huge numbers.  I'd rather pass on him.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 10:23:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Not an Iggy fan......his best days are behind him.

Do like Lee tho.....I d want his effort hard nose game on my team any day

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't see Lee as much of an improvement over Sully. I'd rather keep developing Sully. I think Sully will match D-Lee in near future.

Iguodala would be a terrific addition if GSW decided to part ways with him. I'd be happy to base a trade around Jeff Green for Iggy.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Iguodala looks like he's already on the downslope at age 31 (in January). Not surprising given his greatest attribute was his athleticism. Those guys always don't age well.

With his contract running until 2017 there's no way I touch him. Lee is someone I'd consider if Ainge is determined to keep Rondo and Green and not fully tank. since those re-signings would put them up to the cap, it would make sense to replace Bass and Thornton's expirings for an asset. If you just let them expire you don't have any cap space anyway to do anything so you might as well be over the cap (but below the tax) for another year.

That being said, I hope what happens is nobody helps Golden State clear up space and Draymond Green leaves as a free agent to.... the Celtics!