Author Topic: Pistons, Celtics, Hornets 3 way  (Read 924 times)

Pistons, Celtics, Hornets 3 way
« on: December 12, 2014, 12:16:08 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Instead of trying to outright acquire the rights to Detroit's pick, maybe we could get the right to swap picks with them if theirs is better than ours? I think that would be worth it for them to get Jeff Green at SF and open up their logjam inside.  It would mean we would really need to move Bass in a separate trade.

Jeff Green, Gary Neal to DET

Gerald Wallace, Clips pick to CHA

Josh Smith, Gerald Henderson to Boston

Re: Pistons, Celtics, Hornets 3 way
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The Pistons are bad in part because they have to play Smith a lot at the 3.  Why would we want to go down that road? Also, in that trade Id bet Pistons end up with a better record than we do, making the swap moot.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
For the millionth time in regards to a Josh Smith trade: I've always been a fan of Smith's talent and though he would have been perfect in a lineup with Rondo, Allen, Pierce, and KG. However, he is having a miserable year and is definitely not a 3. Henderson really isn't playing all that well either so this is a no-brainer move to NOT make.

If we got Smith and were able to keep Rondo and Green to put Smith at the 4 slot, I would be more intrigued by it since there is no denying Smith's talent. However, with KO, Sully, and Bass already there its not a move I make. And I'm not sending KO or Sully to Detroit in return for Smith.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
at this point, I really don't want any part of Smith. He has been underperforming (maybe because of system) and his contract is big. I'd rather keep Green as I think he is a better scorer than Smith.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 12:45:12 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
no interest in smith,

I will be interested to see if one of these desperate franchises (laker,knicks or nets) go after him in a panic move. He has a ton of talent that just needs to be harnessed by the right system/coach im just not sure it will ever happen.

A Melo/J Smith forward pairing would be an interesting bomb to watch tick. If both buy in they have an excellent mixture of skills. But it could also turn into a fight to take contested 3s. For that matter I think Thad Young could be a nice fit next to Melo.

I would also be interested to see if KGs leadership could make a Jenning + Smith for D-Williams trade work for the nets. Add to that a Lopez for Perk and Lamb trade with OKC and the Nets would have a talented mix of young and old. Starting Smith at the 4 with KG at the 5 then bringing Plumlee and Perk of the bench would give them an interesting front court. Jennings, Jack and Lamb would give them a solid 3 guard rotation.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 01:07:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Getting Smith would get us into the lottery.