Author Topic: MELO to BOS trade idea  (Read 9411 times)

Re: MELO to BOS trade idea
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 10:15:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I really dont want Melo in a celtics uniform. This is just based on not liking his playing style and preseved personallity.

With that if he was with Rondo on the celtics it would take a very specific team around those two to create a contender.

A. Elite elite rim protector, Chandler and Melo dont get along but that is who they need DPOY type Center.

B. versatile 3/4 or 4/3 who can be a + defender at either position a young Marion comes to mind.

C. floor spacing SG who can hold his own defensively, C Lee would work

B. A dynamic versitle bench lead by a volume scorer and a well rounded 4/5, ex would be I Thomas and T Gibson

Another out of the box idea I have with Melo is a Suns trade.

Why not

Knicks get something in the line of Bledsoe, Len, G Green, (filler?) and Lakers pick

Suns get Melo and JR

The suns would place Melo on a team with a lot of 3rd option talent. He and the Morris brothers would form a 3 F rotation at the 3 and the 4.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 11:30:33 AM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
So, I was wondering out loud recently, "Hey, doesn't Melo have a no-trade clause with his new contract?"

Yes, he does.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235849/Carmelo-Anthony-Denies-Report-Of-Willingness-To-Waive-No-Trade-Clause
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 11:47:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah I don't see Melo forcing his way out until next year. Going to give the Knicks a shot at FA.

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 12:03:41 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 12:16:03 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I'm convinced a 3rd team needs to get involved to grease the wheels.  Danny doesn't want to break the bank, and Phil isn't going to make a panic move. 

My idea from yesterday involved getting the Knicks: Lance, MGK, Bass, Bos15' 1st.  Not sure ifg that's enough & we'd still have to compensate this 3rd team with other picks.  That said, this scenario potentially keeps Green & Sullinger out of the deal to run with Rondo & Melo.

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 12:24:02 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Melo is a top player, albeit with some warts, and I would be happy building a team around him and Rondo.  I think there might be some issues with Rondo's man double-teaming Melo in sets but I think there are ways to work around that.

I don't think this is realistic though.  In order for it to happen, the Knicks would have to have given up on Carmelo AND Carmelo would have had to have given up on the Knicks.  Carmelo could have signed anywhere but he picked NYK.  It will have to be bad longer than this for him to be ready to be traded I would think.

And how are the Knicks going to do better than Carmelo?  I don't see any potential trade that would make the team better or give the team a better immediate future.  I do not believe that Carmelo is their problem.  It is the lack of anything else that is the problem.

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2014, 12:37:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think Melo is a top player, albeit with some warts, and I would be happy building a team around him and Rondo.  I think there might be some issues with Rondo's man double-teaming Melo in sets but I think there are ways to work around that.

I don't think this is realistic though.  In order for it to happen, the Knicks would have to have given up on Carmelo AND Carmelo would have had to have given up on the Knicks.  Carmelo could have signed anywhere but he picked NYK.  It will have to be bad longer than this for him to be ready to be traded I would think.

And how are the Knicks going to do better than Carmelo?  I don't see any potential trade that would make the team better or give the team a better immediate future.  I do not believe that Carmelo is their problem.  It is the lack of anything else that is the problem.
Some good stuff in this post VG. But like to just say Melo couldn't get the same $ any where other than NYK that could be why he chose to stay. Some guys take the money then in a year demand to be traded.

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 12:52:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I think at the very least it will be something like this:

NYK: Wallace, Thornton, Smart, Olynyk/Sully, 2016 Brooklyn 1st, 2015 Clips Pick

Bos: Melo, Dalembert

I would definitely consider this package. THough I LOVE Smart, if we keep Rondo he is more of an asset to us than a player. We'd also lose Olynyk or Sully and probably a pretty good pick in 2016 and a later 2015 1st rounder, but it'd be worth it. Dalembert would also be a good 1 year Center for us until we could try and lure a better C here next year.

I think New York would accept this package because they'd have really good prospects with Smart, Hardaway Jr., and Olynyk with the chance of getting a good Center or wing in the draft.

Of course, many, many things have to go right for Melo to be traded. Both Melo AND Phil have to like the offer, and Melo has to be willing to waive his no-trade clause.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

I would definitely consider this package. THough I LOVE Smart, if we keep Rondo he is more of an asset to us than a player. We'd also lose Olynyk or Sully and probably a pretty good pick in 2016 and a later 2015 1st rounder, but it'd be worth it. Dalembert would also be a good 1 year Center for us until we could try and lure a better C here next year.

I think New York would accept this package because they'd have really good prospects with Smart, Hardaway Jr., and Olynyk with the chance of getting a good Center or wing in the draft.

Of course, many, many things have to go right for Melo to be traded. Both Melo AND Phil have to like the offer, and Melo has to be willing to waive his no-trade clause.

Seems like a lot to give up but probably very realistic. That being said, I think the only way NY does it if Jeff Green is included.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 02:30:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Seems like a lot to give up but probably very realistic. That being said, I think the only way NY does it if Jeff Green is included.
have to agree, this is a fairly realistic offer.  the only questions in my mind are:
- Melo's health
- Green opting back in and if not, can/do we resign him
- who we'd be targetting as a center for the next year

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'd rather watch Smart grow than watch the tail end of Melo's prime.  I'm thinking about entertainment value only, not bball results.  They can have anyone else.

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Why on God's green earth would anybody want the snitchster in a Celtics' uniform?

How many coaches has this guy had?  How many different teams have the two franchises he's played for built around him?

I see little difference between the snitchster and Iverson as to how they impact a team.

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
maybe Rondo and Wallace for Melo and Shumpert...