Author Topic: win-now trade idea  (Read 3856 times)

Re: win-now trade idea
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 02:55:06 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
If you can put Melo alongside Rondo & Smart, it has to be done.

Why? Seems a poor fit to me. Neither Rondo nor Smart are ideal off-ball guards to place next to a high usage player like Carmelo.

Agreed. Rondo and Anthony are not a sensible fit at all, not to mention entirely unlikely to play together in Celtics green (much more likely in a Knicks uniform).

These constant Melo trade ideas are getting old. Instead, send Rondo to New York with Wallace for Amare, Hardaway, Wear and the right to swap the 2015 Knicks 1st for the Clips 1st. Just get it over with already....

I, for one, think Rondo and Anthony would be a pretty good fit together, but if we could get the trade you suggested in January (to not allow them to pile on too many more wins) I pull the trigger every time. I think they want something more like Rondo and Green for Amare, Hardaway, right to swap 2015 Knicks 1st with Clips 1st, and unprotected 2019 1st. That'd give them Rondo, Shumpert, Green, Melo, and Dalembert as a pretty dang good starting five, and they'd be able to dangle Calderon as a trade chip for other players.
Stoudamire has been strangely good this year in the games I've watched.  Very aggressive on offense.  I watched him live and he looked explosive.

13 and 8 on 57% shooting in only 25 minutes.  He's not the old Amare by any stretch, but he still has a little something left.  He'd definitely get big minutes on our roster.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 03:24:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If you can put Melo alongside Rondo & Smart, it has to be done.

Why? Seems a poor fit to me. Neither Rondo nor Smart are ideal off-ball guards to place next to a high usage player like Carmelo.

Agreed. Rondo and Anthony are not a sensible fit at all, not to mention entirely unlikely to play together in Celtics green (much more likely in a Knicks uniform).

These constant Melo trade ideas are getting old. Instead, send Rondo to New York with Wallace for Amare, Hardaway, Wear and the right to swap the 2015 Knicks 1st for the Clips 1st. Just get it over with already....

I, for one, think Rondo and Anthony would be a pretty good fit together, but if we could get the trade you suggested in January (to not allow them to pile on too many more wins) I pull the trigger every time. I think they want something more like Rondo and Green for Amare, Hardaway, right to swap 2015 Knicks 1st with Clips 1st, and unprotected 2019 1st. That'd give them Rondo, Shumpert, Green, Melo, and Dalembert as a pretty dang good starting five, and they'd be able to dangle Calderon as a trade chip for other players.

We'd be lucky to get what I suggested, much less adding a later unprotected 1st years down the road. But the Cs can swap the Clips pick with someone else's 1st this year. The Knicks might be too bad (i.e. pick too high) to be willing to do it. But maybe they've believe Rondo's inclusion would imporve them enough that it would be low risk, particularly if they're sure Rondo would stay in NY this summer.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 03:50:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It would help us but we would still lack rim protection and have Sully as an achilles heel on D.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Both teams hang up.