Author Topic: If the Heat do really bad, could Chris Bosh be on the way to BOS?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Would you take him, and for what price? I like Bosh, and he has stepped up this year, but hes a PF, not a C.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: If the Heat do really bad, could Chris Bosh be on the way to BOS?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:35:47 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
No sir! Bosh can keep that check in Mia! He's been good this season but goodness the money. 0.0
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 12:50:18 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He is not a go to guy or rim protector .  I would like if we could get Hibbert next to him, but Bosh is getting paid to much to try and trade for him and still be able to sign Hibbert.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 04:59:24 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I'd love to have Bosh here. Fantastic player.

I don't think Miami will trade Bosh though. Riley doesn't strike me as the "blow it up" type. He hates losing, hates rebuilding. No patience for it. Gave up coaching last time Miami had to go through one. And that last rebuilding period was forced not chosen. I can't see a guy like Riley giving up a big man as talented as Chris Bosh to purposefully lose more games so he can have multiple seasons of horrific losses in order to gain draft picks.

Chris Bosh gives him a foundation to build a team around. That is something valuable and to be cherished which is how I expect Riley to view Bosh. So long as Bosh is there, Miami has hope to build a better team. They will always attract FAs. Always have, always will. Just need to give guys a reason to come there. Bosh is a huge part of that reason.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 05:30:39 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'd love to have Bosh here. Fantastic player.

I don't think Miami will trade Bosh though. Riley doesn't strike me as the "blow it up" type. He hates losing, hates rebuilding. No patience for it. Gave up coaching last time Miami had to go through one. And that last rebuilding period was forced not chosen. I can't see a guy like Riley giving up a big man as talented as Chris Bosh to purposefully lose more games so he can have multiple seasons of horrific losses in order to gain draft picks.

Chris Bosh gives him a foundation to build a team around. That is something valuable and to be cherished which is how I expect Riley to view Bosh. So long as Bosh is there, Miami has hope to build a better team. They will always attract FAs. Always have, always will. Just need to give guys a reason to come there. Bosh is a huge part of that reason.

Probably not trading him.
He's a top 15 NBA player and trading him away at age 30 would be like shooting yourself.
only way they'd do it is for the number one or two pick for someone like Okafur.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 07:34:02 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Unless HE wants to leave for some reason or they are passed,their prime, or there  is major turmoil ...star players aren't traded away .

I don't see happening .

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 07:37:30 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Looking at the Heat roster and contract status I think its very safe to say Bosh is not being traded. He was just signed to a 5 year deal, Wade and Deng both have this season and player options for next. They also owe a top ten protected pick to the 76ers in 2015 or 16 then it becomes unprotected in 2017 so a tank would have to happen now and they need to be out of lottery by 2017. Aside from Bosh they have very little $$ tied up after 2016 only McRoberts and a team option on Napier. I would expect that Riley figures to make a big FA push that year with a 32 yr old Bash as his key spokesman.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 08:13:44 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
ha!  very strange that you bring this up as I JUST thought about this to myself the other day. 

I came to the following conclusion.  No.  I would not be interested in trading for Bosh.  Here's why

-What we'd have to include in the trade would likely be too high
-He's already won 2 rings..He took the money to settle down in Miami. I doubt he has any passion or interest in leaving Miami regardless of how good/bad they are. 
-If he cared more about winning more titles > money he would have already signed in Houston or back with Toronto
-His price tag.  He's a max player who isn't a #1. 

Very good player.  But I'll pass unless it's a steal

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 08:35:25 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Would love it, but I don't see it happening.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 08:43:46 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd love him here but Miami signed him to that lengthy contract for a reason.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He'd be an immediate upgrade, but I do not see them moving him.