Author Topic: 2 Trade ideas....yes one is Melo :)  (Read 2097 times)

2 Trade ideas....yes one is Melo :)
« on: December 10, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
First I mentioned this in the frustrated NY thread BUT:

BOS out: Green/KO/Wallace/first round pick(somebodies)
BOS IN: Melo

NY gets Green(poor man melo), KO( A big that can pass and shoot...fits their system), Wallace is filler, and a pick. Lineup: Calderon/hardaway/Green/Amare/KO....perfect to tank more plus they get another first rounder.

trade 2:

BOS out: Bass and Bradley
BOS in: Biyombo and Lance Stephenson

Charlotte gets rid of their mistake and gets a quality SG that doesnt have to score alot bc they have jefferson and Kemba. and they get quality depth at PF with Bass. Maybe throw a pick in...maybe not lol

Boston takes a gamble on lance and gets rim protection.

Roster:

Rondo/Smart/Pressy
Lance/thorton
Melo/Turner/Young
Sully/Powell??
Biyombo/Zeller/fav
.....may need to sign a vet PF

thoughts??

Re: 2 Trade ideas....yes one is Melo :)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:11:51 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
50-50 on the Melo idea, but I like Bradley too much to sell him for that.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 12:35:32 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Sure Knicks would want a better prospect than KO. Green, Wallace, Young and Smart for Melo could get it done. Melo is still a top ten level player we have to remember.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd be in for the Melo deal. I'll stay away from Stephenson though. Stephenson/Melo/Rondo would be some hard personalities to sort out.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
The Melo trade is a "slam dunk homerun where the he#$ do I sign" sort of deal.  Danny would throw in his 86' title ring, Scal, and his first-born to get that done.

Something like Green, Wallace, Sully and THREE firsts is more like it.  I'll pass on Lance at any cost.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
The Melo trade is a "slam dunk homerun where the he#$ do I sign" sort of deal.  Danny would throw in his 86' title ring, Scal, and his first-born to get that done.

Something like Green, Wallace, Sully and THREE firsts is more like it.  I'll pass on Lance at any cost.

It's a good idea, and I see the argument for NYK (Melo is never going to be the best player on a winning team); and I think that Melo and Rondo would play very well together. ...but Melo means way more to NYK than Green, Sully Bradley and Olynyk. He's the face of their franchise - and there's no one even close to being that face.

No matter what, okay, Kelly Olynyk will not become the face of the New York Knicks. He does not play a NYC type of game at all. Green is inconsistent, and Sullinger (although probably the best part of this proposed trade) is just not at the point where he has proven he can handle Melo's workload.

I think NYK says no...

Stephenson is mercifully Charlotte's problem. May he stay that way. Or just not be our problem. (Someone once whispered that he was very annoying. In my ear. While I was playing basketball. His breath smelled.)

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'd be in for the Melo deal. I'll stay away from Stephenson though. Stephenson/Melo/Rondo would be some hard personalities to sort out.

same - Stephenson has not shown me that his attitude or personality would fit a championship team.

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 01:50:29 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I like the Melo idea, but I dont see NY going for it even if we added a couple more first rounders.