Author Topic: Celtics (7-12) at Hornets (5-15) Game #20 12/10/14  (Read 43720 times)

Re: Celtics (7-12) at Hornets (5-15) Game #20 12/10/14
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2014, 11:56:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Prime example of out of shape Sully 2-10 and 5 pts.  So much for the secret weapon eh?  No one on our team could guard Big Al.

Guess Stevens dreaming of another top five lottery pick

A big that can play D would help.

I have to disagree.  I think Tyler did a fantastic job vs. Big Al and the REFS!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I've never been to the Olive Garden, but does Bertucci's count, lol? ;D  Btw, did you just combine an ancient Afghan tribal custom, iirc, with uber, lol, or am I thinking of the wrong company?  Is that house from the shire?  What did you type into google to find it, and why am I so interested, haha?  Meh, eff Obama, lol ;D.
Sir, I hold a DPhil from the University to Oxford and an MPhil from Cambridge. In the Humanities.
I am unfamiliar with half the words that appear in the paragraph above.
that is because you, like me, are over educated. lots of jargon blows right by me here. i also blame it me being older than dirt.

oxford? one of my best grad students is doing her dphil there now. she loves it.

Ah, but are you underemployed and drowning in student loan debt? ;D 

Sidebar - 'dirt' is a hit song by some dumb group called the Florida-Georgia line.  Seriously.  Ugh.  You know kids are going to start putting 'Florida-Georgia Line' on tests about the Civil War instead of the Mason-Dixon Line, right?  I wish that I was kidding, but I can definitely see that happening.  I weep for humanity, lol ;D.

« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2014, 12:50:24 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Marcus "The Microwave Dinner" Thornton.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #273 on: December 11, 2014, 01:36:05 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I've never been to the Olive Garden, but does Bertucci's count, lol? ;D  Btw, did you just combine an ancient Afghan tribal custom, iirc, with uber, lol, or am I thinking of the wrong company?  Is that house from the shire?  What did you type into google to find it, and why am I so interested, haha?  Meh, eff Obama, lol ;D.
Sir, I hold a DPhil from the University to Oxford and an MPhil from Cambridge. In the Humanities.
I am unfamiliar with half the words that appear in the paragraph above.

Your DPhil in the Humanities, too? I have an MA in Philosophy, and I'm working on my doctorate in healthcare ethics now. What area did you specialize in?

« Reply #274 on: December 11, 2014, 04:20:32 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Prime example of out of shape Sully 2-10 and 5 pts.  So much for the secret weapon eh?  No one on our team could guard Big Al.

Guess Stevens dreaming of another top five lottery pick

A big that can play D would help.
Top five will require some great luck with these ping pong balls. The competition this year is fierce to say the least, and it is already pretty much impossible to finish regular season among the bottom 5. This is one of the key reasons I reconsidered my pro-tanking instincts.

« Reply #275 on: December 11, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Anyone else feel that CBS is trying to showcase Bass?

If he needs to, that's pretty sad for Bass, because he'd be a great fit on almost any contender, imo.
That made me think. Like, a lot. Why?

Let's see, he knows his role, has played in many big playoff games (and has performed quite well, I might add), is an excellent athlete who can finish over or through size (lol), almost never misses a midrange jumper or free throw, and, perhaps most importantly (which is very unique), he has the quickness and strength necessary to guard both power forwards and small forwards, like Melo and Lebron (although Melo probably isn't making the postseason this year if the situation does not improve ;) ;D in New York).  So, yeah.  This is only my opinion, though.
I can see your point. He is good  at what he does.
Yet, say you are Pop. Which player in your roster you give up for Bass?
I think no one bcs you already have people who do what Bass (and some more tricks) and they probably do it better than him. His mid range shot is good but not consistent - some time he is hot sometimes not.
For a contender this is IMO a big No no. If you are going to use a player only 5-10 mins a game, you better be sure he delivers in his assigned tasks.

The Spurs aren't in the realm of possibility as far as a destination for him, imo, because they already have so much depth.  I was thinking more so along the lines of a team like last year's Pacers.  He did play in Dallas before, and quite well, I might add, and they need front court depth other than Brandan Wright behind Dirk and Chandler.  Charlotte could use him, even Chicago, especially because Noah keeps getting hurt, as well as Gibson, although I would never want to help the Bulls, so forget that, lol ;D.  How about Portland?  If Chris Kaman is really your only serviceable back up big guy off the bench, that's a problem, lol, especially on defense.  I don't know, I just think that he could help a lot of teams, and he also deserves a title, imo.  Don't forget, too, about his expiring contract.  OKC?  Houston - now there's a team that needs ANYONE they can get right now behind Howard and Jones, and Bass has played with Howard before. 

Btw, maybe you're right about his jumper, but it seems to me like he almost never misses one, let alone a free throw.
OK this is one is a really tough call.
My feeling is that the best fit would be Portland, but IMO the reason Bass would be useful there is the same reason that makes Portland a non contending team (thin bench).
It is very difficult to argue about players value in the NBA because in reality it is a closed and highly regulated market. So, there is no such thing as the 'objective' value of a player. It all depends on context and circumstances.
If we are to talk about Bass's value as a player, I am not very high on him. Good mid-range shot, OK defense, and below average rebounding. This is not a great CV.
Having said this, he does seem awfully bored playing for a team without any championship ambition. Maybe if he entered a contending team we could a Cinderella transformation similar to the one Hawes underwent when he moved from Philly to LAC. Maybe