Author Topic: New Rondo to OKC idea  (Read 2475 times)

New Rondo to OKC idea
« on: December 09, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
How about Rondo and Fav to OKC for Perk, Reggie Jackson, Mitch McGary, and Grant Jerrett (need him to make it work)?

This can be done after December 15th.

We would then either buy out Perk or simply waive him (I would prefer to find a taker for Bass and keep Perk.) and immediately cut Jerrett.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Re: New Rondo to OKC idea
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 09:52:10 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
How about Rondo and Fav to OKC for Perk, Reggie Jackson, Mitch McGary, and Grant Jerrett (need him to make it work)?

We would then either buy out Perk or simply waive him (I would prefer to find a taker for Bass and keep Perk.) and immediately cut Jerrett.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Would rather send Reggie Jax to a third team. He's a FA and will be looking for a payday. Plus, this might sound dumb, but I'm not keen on the idea of trading Rondo for a point guard who isn't as good as him.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 10:08:25 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I think we can re-sign Jackson for a contract averaging about $10 million per.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 10:17:35 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Can I pull this trade idea??:-)))  I had no idea that Reggie was such a POOR outside shooter.  OUCH!!!  24% from long range this year!!!  28% for his career.

I do like his FT% however!!

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 11:07:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jackson and Smart duo would be terrific.  both guys are not really pure pgs but hybrids. Good size to play either positions.

Jackson is a streaky shooter but like wall sometimes is near impossible to stop from getting to the basket. 

Jackson can be signed to 10 million a season deal. His main request to be able to start (and get paid fairly)

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 07:56:45 AM »

Offline nicpresta

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 7
Jackson and Smart duo would be terrific.  both guys are not really pure pgs but hybrids. Good size to play either positions.

Jackson is a streaky shooter but like wall sometimes is near impossible to stop from getting to the basket. 

Jackson can be signed to 10 million a season deal. His main request to be able to start (and get paid fairly)

TP for you, I agree with that 100%,just looked at some videos of Jackson and god is he explosive

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 08:21:50 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Not in a million years.  Reggie Jackson is about to get PAID.  Jackson also doesn't have a true position.  He's a combo guard..  Monta Ellis is like his ceiling.  I view him more as a really good 6th man ala Jamal Crawford. 

If OKC Throws in a draft pick too then I would do it I guess. 

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
How about jus Bass and Faverani for Perk?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Thoughts?

Smitty77
what's the purpose of this trade?  if you're trying to make the C's worse for the purposes of tanking I get it but I don't agree with that philosophy.

- Rondo and Fav are expiring deals so C's gain nothing in terms of cap room.  Jackson is also a FA and will be looking for a large bump in pay like Rondo.  He can't make as much as Rondo but he's not as good either.
- Talent-wise, C's are giving up the best player by far and no real starter-quality players are coming to the C's.  Jackson is not a starting-caliber PG.  He looks like potentially good 6th man.
- Jackson is not a good PG-->he hasn't shown he's capable of running a team offense for extended periods very well. 
- Jackson is not a good shooter.  same complaints people have with Rondo's shooting will be applied to Jackson.
- Perk is toast so no appreciable talent coming in the center position.
- Mcgarry hasn't shown he's more than a 12th man on a good team and that's still kind of iffy.
- Fav, for all his injuries, still showed more last year than Perk has in the past few.
- Pairing Jackson with Smart as a future backcourt will result in 2 guards that have shooting difficulties and neither has shown they're capable of running the offense well -- certainly not on Rondo's level.
- Dumping Rondo for Jackson will not draw FA's to Boston.  No one is clamoring to play with Jackson.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Why would OKC target Rondo?

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 09:47:55 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Because something something something Westbrook isn't a PG despite the fact that Westbrook and the Thunder have both enjoyed a great deal of success with him playing that very position.