Author Topic: Target Paul Millsap as a free agent next summer (and trade Sullinger?)  (Read 1141 times)

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Paul Millsap was supposedly a trade deadline target of the Celtics in 2013 and Jackie MacMullen reported that he was "Plan A" in free agency.  I still believe that Ainge would have kept Garnett and (maybe) Pierce if he'd been able to work a deal to bring in Millsap.

Millsap is a hard worker who has shown with Atlanta that he can be a capable team defender, especially now that he doesn't have to compensate for Al Jefferson.  He's developed into a credible stretch four who gives good effort on defense. 

Although he says he has forgiven Danny Ferry, maybe that incident makes it easier for Millsap to leave Atlanta for big money elsewhere, even the Hawks do well this season.  And maybe Atlanta isn't willing to give a near-max contract for a 30-year-old free agent.

I would be willing to give up Wallace's expiring contract, the un-guaranteed final season of Faverani's deal, and a couple of firsts for Millsap.  Then, maybe, the Celtics can move Sullinger in a package for a center.  A sign-and-trade would make it possible for the Celtics to re-sign Rondo and Green (if he opts out).  Or you can send Sullinger to Atlanta.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: Target Paul Millsap as a free agent next summer (and trade Sullinger?)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 11:08:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Millsap would be great anywhere. He's Paul Millsap. I love Paul Millsap.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 11:18:41 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Paul Millsap was supposedly a trade deadline target of the Celtics in 2013 and Jackie MacMullen reported that he was "Plan A" in free agency.  I still believe that Ainge would have kept Garnett and (maybe) Pierce if he'd been able to work a deal to bring in Millsap.

Millsap is a hard worker who has shown with Atlanta that he can be a capable team defender, especially now that he doesn't have to compensate for Al Jefferson.  He's developed into a credible stretch four who gives good effort on defense. 

Although he says he has forgiven Danny Ferry, maybe that incident makes it easier for Millsap to leave Atlanta for big money elsewhere, even the Hawks do well this season.  And maybe Atlanta isn't willing to give a near-max contract for a 30-year-old free agent.

I would be willing to give up Wallace's expiring contract, the un-guaranteed final season of Faverani's deal, and a couple of firsts for Millsap.  Then, maybe, the Celtics can move Sullinger in a package for a center.  A sign-and-trade would make it possible for the Celtics to re-sign Rondo and Green (if he opts out).  Or you can send Sullinger to Atlanta.

Rather keep Sully just cause he would be cheaper.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 11:21:08 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Millsap would be great anywhere. He's Paul Millsap. I love Paul Millsap.

Me too

How would we look with Rondo, M Gasol and Milsap .....

Sweet

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 11:26:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Stevens showed a lack of trust in Sully tonight, perhaps we ought to trade him.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 11:48:57 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Me too

How would we look with Rondo, M Gasol and Milsap .....

Sweet

Heck, I'd even happily take Rondo, Monroe and Millsap .....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:54:07 PM by celts10 »