Author Topic: Small trade idea  (Read 4927 times)

Re: Small trade idea
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 01:06:57 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Or
AB for JT and CC.

Really sweetens the deal for Houston. Ab would be ideal next to harden.
Harden wants the ball in his hands and ab is (to put it nicely) better with out the ball.
Abs d compliments harden (again, to put it nicely)

We make room for smart, get CC and cut JT. And recoup some from the illconcieved ab deal As JT's contract expires and frees cap room.

Def AB would be a good fit for the Rockets.  I honestly don't know much about CC, but is he worth the further clogging of our PF position?  Or maybe he is in the development stage at least all of this year in Maine?
Super athletic PF/ center. At 6'11" I think he will do fine as a center if he adds a few lbs. Needs time in d-league but could be special.
At worst we free up cap space, middle ground: young athletic shot blocking rotational player. Best case. Secure center position for foreseeable future.
Worth the gamble I think.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:49:09 PM by arctic 3.0 »

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 01:54:45 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I've run this trade a few times in the checker, except with Bass, who is a very night fit there. Bass for Terry and Capela. Cs might have to give up a heavily protected pick of some kind in return.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
Or
AB for JT and CC.

Really sweetens the deal for Houston. Ab would be ideal next to harden.
Harden wants the ball in his hands and ab is (to put it nicely) better with out the ball.
Abs d compliments harden (again, to put it nicely)

We make room for smart, get CC and cut JT. And recoup some from the illconcieved ab deal As JT's contract expires and frees cap room.

Happy to get rid of Bradley. I would rather have extra cap space than Bradley's contracts on the books. I like Rondo and J.Green as long term keepers for Celtics. Do not think Bradley works well as final perimeter with those two. So do not consider him long term player for Celtics from cap point of view or talent point of view.

If Ainge could get a prospect like Capela -- who I really like as high risk/reward project big man -- for Bradley, I would be delighted.