Author Topic: Small trade idea  (Read 4911 times)

Small trade idea
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:34:26 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
C's trade MT and either Cleveland or clips pick for
Clint Capella and Jason Terry.

Houston gets a microwave to keep the heat on when JH is on the bench.
IMO MT IS A SLIGHT UPGrade over JT.

MT expires at same time as JT
They also get a late 1st round pick.

We swap a late pick for a prospect with the skill set we need and one useless vet for another.
Thoughts?

Re: Small trade idea
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Love it. I wanted Capela at #17 instead of James Young on draft day. Still do. Happy to trade Houston up to a mid first for Capela.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 05:10:35 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Not bad, I wonder if we could give them bass too for another expiring

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 05:12:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Love it. I wanted Capela at #17 instead of James Young on draft day. Still do. Happy to trade Houston up to a mid first for Capela.

Don't know if HOU wants to give Capela up that easily. Terry has been doing well as a locker room type of guy.

Who knows though? I still think Bass is gone by the deadline, so we'll see.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 05:13:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Oh, good thinking. Bass is a much better fit for Houston than Thornton. Makes the deal more appetizing for Houston. Swap Thornton out Bass in.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Oh, good thinking. Bass is a much better fit for Houston than Thornton. Makes the deal more appetizing for Houston. Swap Thornton out Bass in.
I thought about swapping bass for MT but given the contracts it would only work if JT was part of the deal. Don't think Houston is ready to let go of jet with out getting back a comparable back up guard.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 07:46:14 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I thought about swapping bass for MT but given the contracts it would only work if JT was part of the deal. Don't think Houston is ready to let go of jet with out getting back a comparable back up guard.

I would assume we would just waive Jet though, right?  Maybe Houston can have a wink wink deal like Gary Payton got then he returns to Houston and they have Jet and Bass.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 07:59:12 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I would assume we would just waive Jet though, right?  Maybe Houston can have a wink wink deal like Gary Payton got then he returns to Houston and they have Jet and Bass.

I think there are rules against players returning to the team they just got traded from. I could be wrong, but I think there is a waiting period now.

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 08:18:21 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

I think there are rules against players returning to the team they just got traded from. I could be wrong, but I think there is a waiting period now.

There is, so the Jet gets 30 days off then becomes a Rocket.  At his age I'm sure he would welcome that break to be fresh for the playoffs.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

There is, so the Jet gets 30 days off then becomes a Rocket.  At his age I'm sure he would welcome that break to be fresh for the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure that the waiting period to reacquire someone after trading them way is 1 year, so they would be waiting a bit more than 30 days
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 10:33:59 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I'm pretty sure that the waiting period to reacquire someone after trading them way is 1 year, so they would be waiting a bit more than 30 days

It is now 1 year because of Big Z. The year Shaq played for the Cavs, they traded Z and he went back 30 days later. League shut it down after that.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 12:16:43 AM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Houston does have the Lin exception still. In theory they could do Bass+Thornton for Terry+Capela and the salaries would work. I don't think its that unrealistic either, they're both expirings and help them win now. Win-win

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Sounds fair to me.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Or
AB for JT and CC.

Really sweetens the deal for Houston. Ab would be ideal next to harden.
Harden wants the ball in his hands and ab is (to put it nicely) better with out the ball.
Abs d compliments harden (again, to put it nicely)

We make room for smart, get CC and cut JT. And recoup some from the illconcieved ab deal As JT's contract expires and frees cap room.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:42:01 PM by arctic 3.0 »

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 12:48:40 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Or
AB for JT and CC.

Really sweetens the deal for Houston. Ab would be ideal next to harden.
Harden wants the ball in his hands and ab is (to put it nicely) better with out the ball.
Abs d compliments harden (again, to put it nicely)

We make room for smart, get CC and cut JT. And recoup some from the illconcieved ab deal As JT's contract expires and frees cap room.

Def AB would be a good fit for the Rockets.  I honestly don't know much about CC, but is he worth the further clogging of our PF position?  Or maybe he is in the development stage at least all of this year in Maine?