Author Topic: Why Trade Rondo  (Read 905 times)

Why Trade Rondo
« on: December 08, 2014, 03:36:10 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Why trade rondo
Well simply because rondo is expendable. Rondo is 28 years old who has just reached his prime. He is currently having one of the worst season's of his career. He is coming of an injury. So it is not the guy's fault.However the celtic's are in a rebuilding mode. That means every asset counts. we need prospects and picks,no one is denying that. The Boston celtic's need a young centerpiece to build off of. Now Rondo is currently not young,everyone knows that. Now the problem people are  struggling with is is Rondo a centerpiece. We know he is a great player but can he be a centerpiece. The hardest thing for a player to do,a winner to do is lose.Lose over and over again for a number of years before your team is ready. Paul pierce did that,Kevin garnet did that but Lebron did not. Now is a hard time for the celtic's and the one thing Ainge needs to be is decisive.Rondo is soon to be a free agent and wants max money. Many players have gone for the money and rondo has every right to do so if he wants to. If Rondo walks away for nothing it's on the Gm. We have a good young replacement for Rondo in Marcus Smart. Marcus just needs more playing time which he is currently not getting. I am not an espn insider or basketball guru,I'm just some kid. However, the question you have to ask yourself is  "are you 100% sure Rondo can be a good center piece?" With prospects you can say oh maybe one day they can become a centerpiece or we can wait and see. However this is as good as rondo is going to get. The celtic's need to be decisive.They need to make a move. so if you can't answer this question with a yes then Rondo has to be traded. "So,are you 100% sure Rondo can be a good center piece?"
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Why Trade Rondo
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 03:39:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Why trade rondo
Well simply because rondo is expendable. Rondo is 28 years old who has just reached his prime. He is currently having one of the worst season's of his career. He is coming of an injury. So it is not the guy's fault.However the celtic's are in a rebuilding mode. That means every asset counts. we need prospects and picks,no one is denying that. The Boston celtic's need a young centerpiece to build off of. Now Rondo is currently not young,everyone knows that. Now the problem people are  struggling with is is Rondo a centerpiece. We know he is a great player but can he be a centerpiece. The hardest thing for a player to do,a winner to do is lose.Lose over and over again for a number of years before your team is ready. Paul pierce did that,Kevin garnet did that but Lebron did not. Now is a hard time for the celtic's and the one thing Ainge needs to be is decisive.Rondo is soon to be a free agent and wants max money. Many players have gone for the money and rondo has every right to do so if he wants to. If Rondo walks away for nothing it's on the Gm. We have a good young replacement for Rondo in Marcus Smart. Marcus just needs more playing time which he is currently not getting. I am not an espn insider or basketball guru,I'm just some kid. However, the question you have to ask yourself is  "are you 100% sure Rondo can be a good center piece?" With prospects you can say oh maybe one day they can become a centerpiece or we can wait and see. However this is as good as rondo is going to get. The celtic's need to be decisive.They need to make a move. so if you can't answer this question with a yes then Rondo has to be traded. "So,are you 100% sure Rondo can be a good center piece?"

In before you post another ridiculous trade where we somehow get Durant for Rondo.

You keep Rondo for one reason only, and one reason only. You're not going to get anything of value for Rondo, since he has a year left, and because the market for point guards is slim. Better off keeping and letting his contract come off the books, than take on salaries or players that wont be worth that much. Rondo should only traded if Wallace, picks our ways and young prospects headed our way. Even then all three seem highly unlikely.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Why Trade Rondo
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 03:41:16 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think the assessment is fair. If you don't think Rondo can be one of the three or four main pieces on a championship team that can be assembled in the near future, then it makes sense that you'd want to see him traded before/if he leaves the team high and dry in the offseason.

I think there are a few of us who believe that Ainge can build a championship-caliber roster around Rondo in the more-immediate future, and that's why we're loathe to trade him for the sake of trading him.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.