Author Topic: Celtics (7-11) at Wizards (13-6) Game #19 12/8/14  (Read 57250 times)

Re: Celtics (7-11) at Wizards (13-6) Game #19 12/8/14
« Reply #600 on: December 08, 2014, 11:01:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Smart .....yes he is a rookie .....and 20 yrs old?..........and we already expect huge moments out of him.

Smart probably is still not 100 % recovered , getting his concentration and mind off the ankle and working his way back into a rhythm .

Pretty amazing all told.

Smart is going to be a lot better basketball player one day , working on his shot , maturing    He is living off his strength and youth energy.,  ....wait till he hones the offensive game.

I like his stubborn .....never lose attitude......that is trait of all the great ones...Kobe, MJ , Bird , Pierce...

Smart is a keeper .

« Reply #601 on: December 08, 2014, 11:03:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
The only thing that I didn't like from Smart, although I missed most of the game, convinced that I was going to jinx the comeback (it's happened before - a lot, lol), was that 3 pointer he took right out of a timeout with 23 seconds on the shot clock in the second overtime.  I think that miss led to the transition 3 point play by Wall that ultimately proved to be the difference.  Sorry, I know it's nitpicking, but that made absolutely no sense to me.  What a game, though.

« Reply #602 on: December 08, 2014, 11:05:21 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
The only thing that I didn't like from Smart, although I missed most of the game, convinced that I was going to jinx the comeback (it's happened before - a lot, lol), was that 3 pointer he took right out of a timeout with 23 seconds on the shot clock in the second overtime.  I think that miss led to the transition 3 point play by Wall that ultimately proved to be the difference.  Sorry, I know it's nitpicking, but that made absolutely no sense to me.  What a game, though.

Nope, it was a huge play... I said the same thing, I must have said it in another thread. I will say what CBS said though, he's young so at this point you have to take the good with the occasional bad shot.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #603 on: December 08, 2014, 11:05:39 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Smart .....yes he is a rookie .....and 20 yrs old?..........and we already expect huge moments out of him.

Smart probably is still not 100 % recovered , getting his concentration and mind off the ankle and working his way back into a rhythm .

Pretty amazing all told.

Smart is going to be a lot better basketball player one day , working on his shot , maturing    He is living off his strength and youth energy.,  ....wait till he hones the offensive game.

I like his stubborn .....never lose attitude......that is trait of all the great ones...Kobe, MJ , Bird , Pierce...

Smart is a keeper .

I still can't figure out why we resigned Bradley after taking Smart in the draft.  Can we get rid of AB, now, please?  I really want to see a starting backcourt of Rondo and Smart.

« Reply #604 on: December 08, 2014, 11:12:25 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Stevens is a reminder to all us armchair experts about how tough it is to succeed at the NBA level.  He is universally acclaimed as a smart basketball guy but even with 100 games under his belt, he still has a lot to learn about managing an NBA game.

On the other hand, Stevens' reclamation project with Turner is impressive.  Turner looked like he might be on his way out of the league and Stevens has got him playing like a guy who's going to be cashing NBA checks for a long time.

Mike
How about Green playing as well as he ever has at the pro level?  To me that's an equally impressive accomplishment to date.

« Reply #605 on: December 08, 2014, 11:30:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I was amazed that Sully and Rondo were benched most all of the fourth and the double overtimes.  I almost think JS is going to be gone in a trade.

« Reply #606 on: December 08, 2014, 11:42:36 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Stevens is a reminder to all us armchair experts about how tough it is to succeed at the NBA level.  He is universally acclaimed as a smart basketball guy but even with 100 games under his belt, he still has a lot to learn about managing an NBA game.

On the other hand, Stevens' reclamation project with Turner is impressive.  Turner looked like he might be on his way out of the league and Stevens has got him playing like a guy who's going to be cashing NBA checks for a long time.

Mike
How about Green playing as well as he ever has at the pro level?  To me that's an equally impressive accomplishment to date.

And getting Marcus Thornton to play defense.

And turning Sully into a 3 point threat in one year.

« Reply #607 on: December 09, 2014, 02:01:29 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I was AMAZED at how the Refs PERSONALLY GAVE this game to Washington in the 2nd OT....WOW------EVERY play after we were up 7 points---was a Foul on Boston---leading to 3 point plays, with PHANTOM Fouls on layups----THANKS Refs---you SCREWED us---in a Game Wash did NOT deserve to win----BS---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #608 on: December 09, 2014, 02:14:50 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
I was AMAZED at how the Refs PERSONALLY GAVE this game to Washington in the 2nd OT....WOW------EVERY play after we were up 7 points---was a Foul on Boston---leading to 3 point plays, with PHANTOM Fouls on layups----THANKS Refs---you SCREWED us---in a Game Wash did NOT deserve to win----BS---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, it was 5-1 in fouls in the second OT. That's a foul a minute for them. SMH. That last Wall foul that won the game was totally phantom, too. It looked like Turner literally didn't even touch him.

« Reply #609 on: December 09, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

Yep, it was 5-1 in fouls in the second OT. That's a foul a minute for them. SMH. That last Wall foul that won the game was totally phantom, too. It looked like Turner literally didn't even touch him.
I went back and watched it again.  Glutton for punishment, I know.  There were about 10 calls that made me cringe, knowing it was a 1 pt. loss.

« Reply #610 on: December 09, 2014, 05:42:13 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I was amazed that Sully and Rondo were benched most all of the fourth and the double overtimes.  I almost think JS is going to be gone in a trade.
I think we'd be in trouble without his rebounding.  Anybody else think he's looked a little lackadaisical lately.  As in, not moving crisply on offense, not setting great picks, not hustling up the court?

« Reply #611 on: December 09, 2014, 05:50:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Danny Ainge the Orthodox Church hereby officially grants you pardon for not drafting our Orthodox brother Giannis Antetokounmpo to the sacred team that God favours and the angels sing

BECAUSE MARCUS SMART IS AN ALPHA DOG! WOOOOF!!!
5 points to Gryffendor (5 Hogwarts points = 1 Tommy Point) for use of the Patriarch in a Celtics thread.