Author Topic: Kobe to Celtics trade idea - just for fun  (Read 3296 times)

Kobe to Celtics trade idea - just for fun
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:30:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Imo part of the reason Rondo played very good yesterday was bc of the talk he had with Kobe.  Both prob said some nice things about their past playoff performances (in detail) and getting praise from a guy that has won 5 rings can boost anybodies confidence.

If kobe can bring out "playoff like Rondo" on a consistent basis like only like KG could do in the past,  plus Kobe is still one of the best closers in the league, would you make this trade for him?

To Lakers: Marcus Smart,  James Young,  2 1st round picks from 2015 to 2018  (higher pick, non protected), 2 2nd round picks, Wallace, Bass

To  Celtics: Kobe, Ed Davis

Celts lineup

Zeller/Davis
Sully/KO/powell
Green/Turner/powell
Bryant/AB/thornton
Rondo/Pressey

How would this team rank in the east?

Re: Kobe to Celtics trade idea - just for fun
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:27:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I never have liked volume shooters which is what he has become.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 12:00:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I never have liked volume shooters which is what he has become.

True, but we still saw him do his fadeaways vs a bigger , lengthier Jeff Green.  Those two up and under baskets are also vintage Kobe. 

He is still in very good shape for his age. Like Ray Allen.  Not losing quickness/athleticism like Vince Carter has.

Has two years left of being able to play at a high level and then a few more years coming off the bench like what Pierce is doing now.

This is just a trade idea , If danny is planning to do another 2008. Obviously trading Smart would be risky. Lakers would need to get back Smart i'm guessing to have to give up Kobe. Wouldn't be an easy decision at all if it came to it

Lakers lineup after the trade, going into next season

Hill
Randle
Young
Young
Smart

Draft picks

Lakers will try to keep Kobe until the end but alo are prob thinking about what will happen post Kobe. If they lost Kobe without compensation the team will go into a dark hole for a long time.   I'm guessing bc of this, just in case they gave him such a ridiculous contract per year also, so that it can provide flexibility if a trade was to happen 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:43:26 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yup, I do this right away.

And I think this is a 4th or 5th seed in the East.

I'd rather go this route than waiting a million years for the so-called "next, great championship team."

You might have to revise this a bit however.

Like Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Kelly Olynyk and 2 1sts for Kobe, Nick Young and Ed Davis.

Then this is how both teams look.

Rondo
Kobe
N.Young
Sully
E.Davis/Zeller

Smart/Lin
Bradley
Green
Olynyk/Randle
Hill/Boozer

EDIT: On the flip side, if it ends up being Rondo that gets moved, this could work

Lakers get Rondo, Bass, Thornton
Celts get Jeremy Lin, Julius Randle, Jordan Hill, Nash's contract and 2 1st first rounders.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:49:09 PM by gpap »

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
So C's trade two beloved leaders who are just over the hill players in KG and Pierce then two years later trade for Kobe a hated rival player very soon to be an over the hill player. No way!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 01:04:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Yup, I do this right away.

And I think this is a 4th or 5th seed in the East.

I'd rather go this route than waiting a million years for the so-called "next, great championship team."

You might have to revise this a bit however.

Like Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Kelly Olynyk and 2 1sts for Kobe, Nick Young and Ed Davis.

Then this is how both teams look.

Rondo
Kobe
N.Young
Sully
E.Davis/Zeller

Smart/Lin
Bradley
Green
Olynyk/Randle
Hill/Boozer

EDIT: On the flip side, if it ends up being Rondo that gets moved, this could work

Lakers get Rondo, Bass, Thornton
Celts get Jeremy Lin, Julius Randle, Jordan Hill, Nash's contract and 2 1st first rounders.

That is too much to give up. Jeff Green for Nick Young is at best a lateral move and the Lakers would rather keep Young.

The other way around trade idea is nice... for the Celts. Lakers don't think would give up that many players/assets especially if to obtain Rondo was the make a run now. 

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
No way I's give up Smart and Young  and valuable picks for a guy who is 36 and has one more year after this one on his contract. Unless you're getting an other player to sign, which will be hard because your paying Kobe 20 mill and you'll end up paying Rondo 15 ish, we would be competitive next season, but probably will be right back to were we are right now since Kobe will be 38 when if he resigns a new contract. 

Plus we haven't seen Smart get into any groove with the injury, but seeing his D makes him very valuable even if he's an average PG on offense. Young shooting the lights out in the D-League is nice to see, he's 19, I'd like to give him a couple more years to fill out and get use to playing NBA D before he's in a deal to ship out. It could end up burning us in the long run for a couple year rental for an over the hill guard, even as good as Kobe.

I'd rather move Rondo for Randle and Nash's contract and figure out the PF spot next summer after the draft.

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 05:33:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
No way I's give up Smart and Young  and valuable picks for a guy who is 36 and has one more year after this one on his contract. Unless you're getting an other player to sign, which will be hard because your paying Kobe 20 mill and you'll end up paying Rondo 15 ish, we would be competitive next season, but probably will be right back to were we are right now since Kobe will be 38 when if he resigns a new contract. 

Plus we haven't seen Smart get into any groove with the injury, but seeing his D makes him very valuable even if he's an average PG on offense. Young shooting the lights out in the D-League is nice to see, he's 19, I'd like to give him a couple more years to fill out and get use to playing NBA D before he's in a deal to ship out. It could end up burning us in the long run for a couple year rental for an over the hill guard, even as good as Kobe.

I'd rather move Rondo for Randle and Nash's contract and figure out the PF spot next summer after the draft.

I know , thats why it won't be an easy trade to do. But what does Danny plan to do next?

I can see how Kobe's attitude like KG's can bring out the best of Rondo.  Rondo plays better with better players who are kocky and can back it up on the court. 

You draft draft draft, can't sign a FA, have Rondo lead the team for the next 3-4 years = we won't get anywhere.  I would be surprised  if Rondo can continue to play the way he did yesterday.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 05:39:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
triboy... i don't hate the idea of trading for Kobe... it would be kinda interesting for a year or two, but likely doesn't result in a championship.

The idea of giving up Marcus Smart + James young for him is kinda much, though. 

Best I can do is Wallace, Bass, Bradley and a protected pick

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 05:46:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
triboy... i don't hate the idea of trading for Kobe... it would be kinda interesting for a year or two, but likely doesn't result in a championship.

The idea of giving up Marcus Smart + James young for him is kinda much, though. 

Best I can do is Wallace, Bass, Bradley and a protected pick

I would like that also but lakers wont accept that.

If we got Kobe and few more vets, make 4th, 5th seed and face the cavs at the ECF. That would be an exciting matchup

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Imo part of the reason Rondo played very good yesterday was bc of the talk he had with Kobe.  Both prob said some nice things about their past playoff performances (in detail) and getting praise from a guy that has won 5 rings can boost anybodies confidence.

If kobe can bring out "playoff like Rondo" on a consistent basis like only like KG could do in the past,  plus Kobe is still one of the best closers in the league, would you make this trade for him?

To Lakers: Marcus Smart,  James Young,  2 1st round picks from 2015 to 2018  (higher pick, non protected), 2 2nd round picks, Wallace, Bass

To  Celtics: Kobe, Ed Davis

Celts lineup

Zeller/Davis
Sully/KO/powell
Green/Turner/powell
Bryant/AB/thornton
Rondo/Pressey

How would this team rank in the east?
Who cares? We do the trade, then we bench him until he explodes  ;D