Author Topic: Is Kobe "Beantown" Bryant the answer?  (Read 2046 times)

Is Kobe "Beantown" Bryant the answer?
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:54:14 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Sorry if this has been discussed to death with the recent breakfast hysteria but it just kind of sunk in and I haven't seen a specific thread about it, what would a trade involving Kobe Bryant to Boston look like? Wouldn't the city go nuts? Kobe knows how passionate this fan base is and would immediately become a Boston sports Icon along with Brady, Revis, Bergeron, Ortiz (Jermaine Jones?).

Danny Ainge has traded for veteran talent before and would definitely have the assets to put together a worthy offer sheet. Between Marcus Smart, Jeff Green, the war chest of picks and young talent on this team I think it would be really tough to not consider jump starting the rebuild for LA.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=odn9yfh
Maybe with a future first or 2 to LA.

This trade would open up time for James Young, alleviate the log jam at Center shore up the guard rotation pecking order and suddenly our rotation looks something like...

Rondo/Turner/Pressy
Kobe/Bradley/Young
Turner/Young/Clippers Pick
Sullinger/Bass/Powell
Zeller/Faverani/(Perkins?)

Might even be able to convince Pierce and/or KG to jump back. That lineup would be formidable. Top 3 in the east.

Meanwhile LA gets an established replacement in Jeff Green, and can build around a core of Okafor/Towns/Mudiay, Boston Pick(Caulie Stein/Montrezl Harrel/Justise Winslow) Randle, Smart, Nick Young, Green, Olynyk and that plus a free agent signing is a worlds better core than what they have now and would easily trump any offer The Knicks could throw at LA.

Heresy? Insanity? Could there exist a world where Kobe Bryant suits up in Green?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:59:58 AM by Smartacus »

Re: Is Kobe "Beantown" Bryant the answer?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:00:07 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Please no.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:13:34 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
LOL are you guys ok?? not happening Kobe isnt going anywhere besides he's too old not like he's gonna have us competing for a championship
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 03:27:42 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Sorry if this has been discussed to death with the recent breakfast hysteria but it just kind of sunk in and I haven't seen a specific thread about it, what would a trade involving Kobe Bryant to Boston look like? Wouldn't the city go nuts? Kobe knows how passionate this fan base is and would immediately become a Boston sports Icon along with Brady, Revis, Bergeron, Ortiz (Jermaine Jones?).

Danny Ainge has traded for veteran talent before and would definitely have the assets to put together a worthy offer sheet. Between Marcus Smart, Jeff Green, the war chest of picks and young talent on this team I think it would be really tough to not consider jump starting the rebuild for LA.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=odn9yfh
Maybe with a future first or 2 to LA.

This trade would open up time for James Young, alleviate the log jam at Center shore up the guard rotation pecking order and suddenly our rotation looks something like...

Rondo/Turner/Pressy
Kobe/Bradley/Young
Turner/Young/Clippers Pick
Sullinger/Bass/Powell
Zeller/Faverani/(Perkins?)

Might even be able to convince Pierce and/or KG to jump back. That lineup would be formidable. Top 3 in the east.

Meanwhile LA gets an established replacement in Jeff Green, and can build around a core of Okafor/Towns/Mudiay, Boston Pick(Caulie Stein/Montrezl Harrel/Justise Winslow) Randle, Smart, Nick Young, Green, Olynyk and that plus a free agent signing is a worlds better core than what they have now and would easily trump any offer The Knicks could throw at LA.

Heresy? Insanity? Could there exist a world where Kobe Bryant suits up in Green?

NOOOOOOOO! ;D  He's an iconic Laker who played against us twice in the Finals, and guys like that should never join their hated rivals, imo.  They are the enemy.  Would Jeter have ever played for the Red Sox?  Would Ortiz ever play for the Yankees?  Would Paul Pierce ever pl - oh wait.  Thanks Danny (sarcasm)!

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 04:14:51 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
If the circumstances were right I'd welcome Kobe to the C's, but these aren't the right circumstances. I don't care about top three in the east.  I want to win championships.  And building a team around Rondo and an elderly Kobe is a recipe for mediocrity.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 04:29:36 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
LOL
That's a horrible trade for the celtics. The big problem with Kobe is his big contract. 23 and 25M this and next year. He is practically untradable.
Otherwise he is not that good anymore. Yeah he will jack up a ton of shots to get his points and free lancing on defense. Plus he would disrupt any ball movement.
Third it would be insulting to Pierce. I'm a big Ray Allen fan, but I even know that Pierce has a special place in celtics history. You traded Pierce because of his age and relative big contract, after that you would trade for an over the hill Kobe with his cap crappling contract?

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 06:09:13 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I've said this before somewhere but the only place where it makes sense for kobe to play is Memphis. I don't know what they may have to trade for him but I can definitely see him fitting perfectly with that group.