Author Topic: Jeff green trade idea  (Read 2097 times)

Jeff green trade idea
« on: December 04, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 I am hearing chatter about blowing up the team from
Online Who
I would go with option 2 for now (I like the Biyombo trade idea) while waiting for a better opportunity to make itself available to pursue option 1 since nobody really seems available right now that is capable of drastically changing team's outlook.

I want to trade Olynyk in near future. Before trade deadline. I am not interested in keeping Olynyk here. I would like Ainge to cash in on his trade value sooner rather than later before it peters out. I want to see Ainge look for starting caliber center and starting two guard. Do not consider Olynyk or Bradley part of Celtics future. Happy to trade Smart in move for high quality player / prospect at either SG or C position.

and from
Online Evantime34
I think number two. I'm assuming the cost of obtaining young prospects is Rondo, Green, Bass, and or Thornton which I'm fine with.Trading for younger players presumably also makes us worse which helps to improve the C's through the draft.

I agree to trading everyone away and focus on prospects setting a foundation.

So here is a trade between charlotte and boston.

Boston gives up:jeff green
Boston gets: vonleh and biyombo

charlotte:gives up:vonleh and biyombo
charlotte: gets:jeff green

why Charlotte
they are panicking about losing a bunch of games recently. Jeff green is a great  steady veteran that can help them get a grip. They are giving up some big men for him.  they have a logjam in pf and center so they can get rid of him. Noah vonleh is unknown. He has barley played in the nba and so he is a investment and is more long term which is what the celtics are looking for. Meanwhile  charlotte really wants to win.

Why boston
well we are rebuilding  this give playing time for our younger players and gives us new prospects

2nd trade

Boston and Minnesota

Boston gets: gorgui deing
Boston gives up: biyambo and olynyk

Minnesota gives up: gorgui deing
Minnesota gets: biyambo and olynyk

why Minnesota
they need a stretch four to play along with pekovic. They would struggle with not having a rim protector with deing gone. That is where biyambo comes in.He is a great rim but not a great starter. So he fits perfectly in their system. By playing on the bench, he lets the timberwolves have their scoring front court and he can come in and swat the balls like fly's.

Why boston
well It gets us our future star center in deing. Some people are starting to give up on olynyk. I think olynyk is great but he does not fit the celtics defense first mind set. These trades give the celtics a starting line up of
rondo
bradley
turner
sully
deing

while getting an amazing untaped potential player in 19 year old  noah vonleh.

Vonleh can take 15 minuets or so. It gives bass some playing time so we can show case him off and trade him.
Another good thing about this trade is it helps clear cap room,gives  rookies morel laying time and helps us tank. With our best player this season so far gone,  this can give playing time to young.

So what do you think?
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Jeff green trade idea
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:29:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am going to buy you a Gorgui Dieng jersey for Christmas.

How's that sound?

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:45:35 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think it is a reasonable trade/rebuild idea.  I think CHA probably would do the proposed trade as they would get some really good short term value in exchange for uncertain potential.

In terms of the Minni part, I am not sure they do that.  Deing seems like a much higher value than either Biyombo or Olynyk.  I guess if Minni views Deing as expendable as you suggest, maybe they bite.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 01:21:35 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Do people know Dieng is going to turn 25 in January?

Mike

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I don't think that Charlotte would agree to Trade 1. Green has to be viewed as just an expiring contract until he agrees to stay next year. They can keep Biyombo and Vonleh at relatively reasonable salaries for the next two years and five years respectively. Let's just say that they do agree. I don't believe Olynyk's lack of defensive skills has gone unnoticed. The pairing of Pekovic with Olynyk for big minutes would be a defensive disaster. Dieng has a reasonable salary for either the next three or four years depending upon what happens in his qualifying offer year.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 02:13:36 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Salaries for Vonleh + Biyombo are nowhere near close enough to make a deal especially with CHA so close to the luxury tax.

If a deal went down, it would have to be MKG+Biyombo for Green.