Author Topic: Monroe is impressive. Trade proposal  (Read 18683 times)

Re: Monroe is impressive. Trade proposal
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2014, 05:17:44 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
Chamber to me your as lazy and unrealistic of a fan as they come.

Wait,we can sign him in the offseason. Wait until the offseason ,when we can sign Hibbert.

You think those players want to come here as a FA? You think Rondo is staying? You think there is much of a future with KO, Sully as our main guys upfront?

Monroe can be traded for and IMO you think about it. Rondo should of been already traded. Did you forget how many games we have lost before last night? 

Sully is a quality young guy but is not consistent. He plays well vs certain guys, teams. But against length majority of the time , dont expect much. He came alive in the last mins of the 4th yesterday by shooting threes.

Monroe is a good player struggling to work with Drummond ,bc he is better suited to play Center.   Monroe might not be Drummond on the defensive end but he is not Drummond on the offensive end either. He is not all about scoring(though he can do that also) and is a high iq big man

I'm lazy and unrealistic because I pointed out how dumb your post was?
And yes, if you didn't understand the first time I said it, I'll say it again:
We can sign Greg Monroe here as a free agent in the off season if we want to. He's not getting any decent offers from any teams so we will have no problem signing him.
But there's a reason he's not getting decent offers from other teams. It's because he's an average player.
You want blow our capspace on an above average role player that can't play defense AND trade Sullinger and Rondo for that guy- when we can sign him in 6 months. Re-read what you're proposing. Maybe you were drunk?

You whine about Rondo's defense and lack of rim protection and now you want to trade away our best young asset for a big man that doesn't play defense and scores less than that asset. Right.

Do you see the problem with what you're saying?

Rondo has plenty of problems with his game, but he's still our best player. He's the one who will attract the top free agents to Boston- the big guys want to play with him because he gets them easy shots.

I don't think Olynyk is in our future, but I think Sullinger might be. He's only in his third year and getting better each season. Put it this way- if David West and Roy Hibbert can be the backcourt of the number one defense in the NBA, then Sullinger and Hibbert could be pretty close too.
Again, Sullinger stretches the floor. He scores more points in less minutes than Monroe. He's younger and he's cheaper and he has a higher ceiling.
Monroe is a great player- but there is no way we are trading Sullinger or Rondo for him.

Sigh.

Like i said your unrealistic and especially lazy. My post about trading for monroe has risks.  But its a good one imo. Sully and rondo are not getting us a aldridge if thats what you eant. Rondo is going downhill and sully prob has reached his potential.

Do you remember thr last big FA signing with us? Even a guy like Jordan Hill, thomas this offseason?

Zero

No actually I'd say you're being lazy by making trade proposal threads for big men whenever they score 20 points on our bad defensive backcourt. Instead of waiting for a true game changing player, you want to rush out and trade the farm for bums like Mozgov, Monroe, Jordan Hill etc.. They are ROLE PLAYERS. We want ALL STARS.

Ainge himself has said they are looking for championship caliber players. Monroe is not a championship caliber player.
Ask yourself this question:
Can Greg Monroe be a top 3 player on a championship caliber team at center or PF?
The answer is no.
He's like the Jeff Green of the Center spot. Except because he plays center, he's going to get paid more.

You can try and justify it in your impulsive rant as much as you want, but trading Sullinger for Monroe is a terrible idea. It's not happening.

I know right. because Chris Bosh & Thiago Splitter are definitely championship material starters. I'm extremely jealous of this too.  Am I right or am i right ?

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sign straight up in off season with new found cap space. Resign Green (if needed) or he can opt in and resign the following Summer (as Wallace expires). Resign Rondo.

Rondo, Smart
Avery, Turner, 2015 1st round draft pick
Green, Young, Wallace (expiring)
Sully, KO, Powell
Monroe, Zeller, 2015 1st round draft pick

Let Pressey go. Bass trade or expire. Thornton back cheap or let him expire. Vitor, good bye. Joel Anthony comes off the books. We're in good shape.

How can we afford this unit?
Rondo, green and monroe 15 million each? How are we signing the other players?

Rondo can be traded.  We have guys that can work the pg position adequately/plus Smart.  Its hard to find a decent big man

Chambers -  You cant expect kg to walk through the doors anytime soon. Its 2008 team or nothing for you?

If we get lucky to draft Okafor for example it might take years before he becomes good. Monroe on the pistons = bad fit.  On our team he will be a terrific addition imo.  A guy that can get us over the hump(can be depended on to score with less than 5 min) and help us win some close games.

I mean getting a dhoward like player might fix the defensive issues, but who is going to score late in games?? Finding a late game closer is prob the hardest position to fill in this league

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
That OT spin, up and under was a wicked move. 
http://youtu.be/ypdsfk-uAD4
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:56:38 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2014, 06:43:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sign straight up in off season with new found cap space. Resign Green (if needed) or he can opt in and resign the following Summer (as Wallace expires). Resign Rondo.

Rondo, Smart
Sully, KO, Powell

Let Pressey go. Bass trade or expire. Thornton back cheap or let him expire. Vitor, good bye. Joel Anthony comes off the books. We're in good shape.

Joel Anthony hasn't been on the team all season.

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2014, 06:47:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Ainge himself has said they are looking for championship caliber players. Monroe is not a championship caliber player.
Can Greg Monroe be a top 3 player on a championship caliber team at center or PF?
The answer is no.
If you think Sullinger is, will be, or can be traded for a top 3 player on a championship caliber team (at center or PF), you're a lil' out of touch with reality.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The answer is no.

I say yes, Monroe can be a top 3 player on a Championship team when he plays center.

Not at PF though.

I can't see it. He's averaged 16 points 9 rebounds at his peak. His team stinks at Detroit and he beats up on weaker opponents but in the playoffs against the best teams in the NBA? What about Tim Duncan or Dwight Howard in the finals? Or Marc Gasol? How does he provide adequate defense stopping those guys. He's not a 25 point scorer or 12 rebound kind of player either.
You'd need Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook on your team to make Greg Monroe a top 3 player and even then you'd need a defensive PF like Ibaka next to him- and Ibaka is better than Monroe so that would make him the 4th best player.
He's just not good enough. Fools gold. Just doesn't do any one particular thing really well, and if you put Ibaka on him or a solid post defender in the playoffs he's likely to get shut down.

I just hate the idea of wasting money/cap room on a guy that doesn't give you championship pedigree for the money he'll command.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2014, 06:50:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
He's averaged 16 points 9 rebounds at his peak.
So you think his peak was when he was 22? LOL.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Chamber to me your as lazy and unrealistic of a fan as they come.

Wait,we can sign him in the offseason. Wait until the offseason ,when we can sign Hibbert.

You think those players want to come here as a FA? You think Rondo is staying? You think there is much of a future with KO, Sully as our main guys upfront?

Monroe can be traded for and IMO you think about it. Rondo should of been already traded. Did you forget how many games we have lost before last night? 

Sully is a quality young guy but is not consistent. He plays well vs certain guys, teams. But against length majority of the time , dont expect much. He came alive in the last mins of the 4th yesterday by shooting threes.

Monroe is a good player struggling to work with Drummond ,bc he is better suited to play Center.   Monroe might not be Drummond on the defensive end but he is not Drummond on the offensive end either. He is not all about scoring(though he can do that also) and is a high iq big man

I'm lazy and unrealistic because I pointed out how dumb your post was?
And yes, if you didn't understand the first time I said it, I'll say it again:
We can sign Greg Monroe here as a free agent in the off season if we want to. He's not getting any decent offers from any teams so we will have no problem signing him.
But there's a reason he's not getting decent offers from other teams. It's because he's an average player.
You want blow our capspace on an above average role player that can't play defense AND trade Sullinger and Rondo for that guy- when we can sign him in 6 months. Re-read what you're proposing. Maybe you were drunk?

You whine about Rondo's defense and lack of rim protection and now you want to trade away our best young asset for a big man that doesn't play defense and scores less than that asset. Right.

Do you see the problem with what you're saying?

Rondo has plenty of problems with his game, but he's still our best player. He's the one who will attract the top free agents to Boston- the big guys want to play with him because he gets them easy shots.

I don't think Olynyk is in our future, but I think Sullinger might be. He's only in his third year and getting better each season. Put it this way- if David West and Roy Hibbert can be the backcourt of the number one defense in the NBA, then Sullinger and Hibbert could be pretty close too.
Again, Sullinger stretches the floor. He scores more points in less minutes than Monroe. He's younger and he's cheaper and he has a higher ceiling.
Monroe is a great player- but there is no way we are trading Sullinger or Rondo for him.

Sigh.

Like i said your unrealistic and especially lazy. My post about trading for monroe has risks.  But its a good one imo. Sully and rondo are not getting us a aldridge if thats what you eant. Rondo is going downhill and sully prob has reached his potential.

Do you remember thr last big FA signing with us? Even a guy like Jordan Hill, thomas this offseason?

Zero

No actually I'd say you're being lazy by making trade proposal threads for big men whenever they score 20 points on our bad defensive backcourt. Instead of waiting for a true game changing player, you want to rush out and trade the farm for bums like Mozgov, Monroe, Jordan Hill etc.. They are ROLE PLAYERS. We want ALL STARS.

The answer is no.
He's like the Jeff Green of the Center spot. Except because he plays center, he's going to get paid more.

You can try and justify it in your impulsive rant as much as you want, but trading Sullinger for Monroe is a terrible idea. It's not happening.

I know right. because Chris Bosh & Thiago Splitter are definitely championship material starters. I'm extremely jealous of this too.  Am I right or am i right ?

Sorry I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. Chris Bosh is 100% a top 3 player on a championship team. He's proven that. Tiago Splitter is not though. He's a role player and is about the 5th/6th best player on that team. As first big man off the bench he's getting paid $8 million a year. Now if Greg Monroe were being paid $8 million a year then I'd be all for getting him. But he's going to command at least $14 million a year and it's too much of our cap for a guy who doesn't impact the game enough.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2014, 06:54:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The answer is no.

I say yes, Monroe can be a top 3 player on a Championship team when he plays center.

Not at PF though.

I can't see it. He's averaged 16 points 9 rebounds at his peak. His team stinks at Detroit and he beats up on weaker opponents but in the playoffs against the best teams in the NBA? What about Tim Duncan or Dwight Howard in the finals? Or Marc Gasol? How does he provide adequate defense stopping those guys. He's not a 25 point scorer or 12 rebound kind of player either.
You'd need Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook on your team to make Greg Monroe a top 3 player and even then you'd need a defensive PF like Ibaka next to him- and Ibaka is better than Monroe so that would make him the 4th best player.
He's just not good enough. Fools gold. Just doesn't do any one particular thing really well, and if you put Ibaka on him or a solid post defender in the playoffs he's likely to get shut down.

I just hate the idea of wasting money/cap room on a guy that doesn't give you championship pedigree for the money he'll command.

Can you explain the Boris Diaw before and now with spurs transformation then?

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2014, 06:56:52 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

Rondo, Smart
Sully, KO, Powell

Rondo can be traded.  We have guys that can work the pg position adequately/plus Smart.  Its hard to find a decent big man

Chambers -  You cant expect kg to walk through the doors anytime soon. Its 2008 team or nothing for you?

If we get lucky to draft Okafor for example it might take years before he becomes good. Monroe on the pistons = bad fit.  On our team he will be a terrific addition imo.  A guy that can get us over the hump(can be depended on to score with less than 5 min) and help us win some close games.

I mean getting a dhoward like player might fix the defensive issues, but who is going to score late in games?? Finding a late game closer is prob the hardest position to fill in this league

He would make our current team much better. I'm not disagreeing with you there. He is a very good player. He is just a very one dimensional, offensive minded player. If you shut him down in the post, he is a negative value player.

I'm saying that you aren't winning a championship or even coming close with Greg Monroe as your starting center when he commands $14 million or $15 million a year. He just doesn't do any one particular thing at an elite level. He doesn't protect the basket, he can't stretch the floor. He rebounds well and he has a good post game but against the elite big men of the NBA like Lopez, Howard, Gasol brothers, Noah, Bosh, Hibbert, he's just not making an impact. All those guys with offensive game are going to score on him easily.

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2014, 07:07:22 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102

Rondo, Smart
Sully, KO, Powell

Joel Anthony hasn't been on the team all season.

His salary is alive and well.

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2014, 07:09:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
He would make our current team much better.
Probably not. He's Jared Sullinger a couple of years from now, minus the injury/weight concerns. So he's more or less a lateral move. He's not a bad center to have, but he doesn't solve any of our major issues.

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
His salary is alive and well.
Um, no, it isn't. When you trade a player away, you trade their salary too, you know :P

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102

Rondo, Smart
Sully, KO, Powell

Cap is rising! There is room for all 3 of those guys, plus our younger dudes :)

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Cap is rising! There is room for all 3 of those guys, plus our younger dudes :)
The salary cap is projected to rise to $66 million for 2015-16 . This money is about enough for the contracts of Rondo, Green, Monroe, Wallace, and Bradley. Your math doesn't work out.