Author Topic: Monroe is impressive. Trade proposal  (Read 18654 times)

Re: Monroe is impressive. Trade proposal
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 08:29:06 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Best I ve ever seen Monroe play.   He seemed really into the game like it mattered.

J Smoove on the other hand is worthless junk.  Overpaid , old , lazy , slow and uninterested. In playing well.

The Pistons would be a BETTER team with more wins without him on the court.

I figure Smith is a bad influence too on younger player ....his Melo attitude and I don't give a rats behind i

Monore would be a beast with pressure from right kind of teammates .....like KG

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Best I ve ever seen Monroe play.   He seemed really into the game like it mattered.

J Smoove on the other hand is worthless junk.  Overpaid , old , lazy , slow and uninterested. In playing well.

I figure Smith is a bad influence too on younger player ....his Melo attitude and I don't give a rats behind i

Monroe putting on a show for DA??  haha...man he was dominate the last five minutes of that game.  Him and Sully starting and KO coming off the bench? 

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I would like to point out that many people who were excited about the Evan Turner signing were excited because of his play against the Celtics. The same was true with Jerryd Bayless.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 09:12:52 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP about Smith. It looks like I was wrong about him.

Before, I wanted to trade for him and pair him with Rondo for a bunch of reasons. Now I'd rather trade Rondo and whatever for Monroe, Jennings and Pope if possible.

I'd give them Rondo and whoever else they wanted on the roster except Smart, Sully and Olynyk, plus picks for that group. Not sure how the $$$ could work though.

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I would like to point out that many people who were excited about the Evan Turner signing were excited because of his play against the Celtics. The same was true with Jerryd Bayless.
Yup.

Plus trading for a guy and not getting his bird rights is of such little value. I mean sure it'd be nice to get him and try convince him over the course of his season. But giving up Rondo + Green and picks? Heck giving up any good picks at all would be rough for that.

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 10:40:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yup.

Plus trading for a guy and not getting his bird rights is of such little value. I mean sure it'd be nice to get him and try convince him over the course of his season. But giving up Rondo + Green and picks? Heck giving up any good picks at all would be rough for that.

It would need to be a sign and trade or no deal. That was the condition of this trade idea

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Yup.

It would need to be a sign and trade or no deal. That was the condition of this trade idea

How would a s+t be the condition of the trade idea when you said you want him this year so he can jell with the team ? He wouldn't be able to do a s+t during the season, only the off-season, and at that point we can just sign him without giving up anything .

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yup.

So it's a deal after this season? A triple sign and trade after this season?

How in the heck do you expect that to come together.

Edit: Also an extend and trade would only add two more years on Monroe's deal, so he'd never agree to that.

So your entire baseline scenario is impossible.

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Yup.

No , for Monroe to. Sign then be traded to us. Or give us a verbal agreement to sign 

No condition that rondo would resign with the pistons.

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 11:00:31 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Lol this train has derailed
Greg

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yup.

Edit: Also an extend and trade would only add two more years on Monroe's deal, so he'd never agree to that.

So your entire baseline scenario is impossible.

I, for one, am shocked.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 11:05:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

While monroe might not sign here as FA(bc of many other offers to consider), he might sign and trade to play for us now.You can think of it as the celts coming in front of the line. He may not agree and this idea wont work but maybe he will. He is coming off the bench and is prob not happy about it

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

While monroe might not sign here as FA(bc of many other offers to consider), he might sign and trade to play for us now.You can think of it as the celts coming in front of the line. He may not agree and this idea wont work but maybe he will. He is coming off the bench and is prob not happy about it

He can't sign now.   

And more importantly, he is not going to allow a trade that takes away his Bird rights. 

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Any extension could only be for another two years at only 4% over his current contract, any other verbal agreement would be non-binding.

Greg Monroe is not agreeing to such a small contract in an extension.

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

He can't sign now.   

And more importantly, he is not going to allow a trade that takes away his Bird rights.
Can you extend a QO? My quick scan of the Coon FAQ didn't say you couldn't, though the extension would be rather small.