Author Topic: Monroe is impressive. Trade proposal  (Read 18608 times)

Monroe is impressive. Trade proposal
« on: December 03, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
His one on one skills are hard to stop. Three pt plays after three pt plays. Kind of reminds me of big AL how he can score/fake/up and unders on you downlow. Good rebounder and overall a good player. He plays better as a Center. Pistons are in big trouble and should consider moving Monroe who has already indicated that he is not interested in signing a long term contract with them

To Pistons: Sullinger, Rondo, Thornton
To Celtics: Monroe, 1st round pick, and option to trade for higher 1st in the future, Jennings, Fillers (waive)

Trade Jennings for a 1st round pick and fillers (waive)

Monroe agrees to a 4 year/13.5 million a year deal

Celtics lineup after trade

Monroe/Zeller
KO/Bass/Powell
Green/Young/Wallace
AB/Smart/Young
Turner/Pressey

Pistons lineup after trade

Drummond
Sullinger
Smith
KCP
Rondo

works out for both team

Re: Monroe is impressive. Trade proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
His one on one skills are hard to stop. Three pt plays after three pt plays. Kind of reminds me of big AL how he can score/fake/up and unders on you downlow. Good rebounder and overall a good player. He plays better as a Center. Pistons are in big trouble and should consider moving Monroe who has already indicated that he is not interested in signing a long term contract with them

To Celtics: Monroe, 1st round pick, and option to trade for higher 1st in the future, Jennings, Fillers (waive)

Monroe/Zeller
KO/Bass/Powell
Green/Young/Wallace
AB/Smart/Young
Turner/Pressey

Drummond
Sullinger
Smith
KCP
Rondo

works out for both team

Danny won't do it.

KO and Bradley are like family to him.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 10:49:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Monroe/Zeller
KO/Bass/Powell
Green/Young/Wallace
AB/Smart/Young
Turner/Pressey

Drummond
Sullinger
Smith
KCP
Rondo

works out for both team

Why give up anything when we don't gain his bird rights and can just sign him outright in the off-season?

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:49:42 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Not bad, but if we're giving up Sully ( and I don't want to) I'd want Pope.

Rondo and Bass  and a first for Monroe, Jennings and Pope.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:56:35 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
you could have him for Bass+Thornton and the Clippers pick.

And he's not that impressive, it's just our big men can't defend bigs with good foot work like him yet.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 11:07:28 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I've liked him for a while now, love to see him on the C's. In a perfect world we would keep Sully and KO, that would be a nice triple headed monster.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 11:08:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Monroe/Zeller
KO/Bass/Powell
Green/Young/Wallace
AB/Smart/Young
Turner/Pressey

Drummond
Sullinger
Smith
KCP
Rondo

works out for both team

Why give up anything when we don't gain his bird rights and can just sign him outright in the off-season?

I doubt he will come here in the offseason when he will have better teams chasing to sign him. But we can gain a step by getting him now and have him gel with the team.  He is also good friends with Jeff Green.   Jeff Green will then also want to stay.  I'm the fence on trading Green these days. I mean what other better SFs in the league could we get

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 11:16:33 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Monroe/Zeller
KO/Bass/Powell
Green/Young/Wallace
AB/Smart/Young
Turner/Pressey

Drummond
Sullinger
Smith
KCP
Rondo

works out for both team

I doubt he will come here in the offseason when he will have better teams chasing to sign him. But we can gain a step by getting him now and have him gel with the team.  He is also good friends with Jeff Green.   Jeff Green will then also want to stay.  I'm the fence on trading Green these days. I mean what other better SFs in the league could we get

If he wouldn't come here in the off-season when better teams are chasing him, why would he re-sign with a celtics team that just traded Rondo for him ? That would leave us with less talent, how would that be more attractive to him ?

Don't you think he would want to player with a PG that can get him the ball down low and easy looks instead of Evan Turner and Bradley as his starting back court?

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

And he's not that impressive, it's just our big men can't defend bigs with good foot work like him yet.

He's a 6'11" 250 lb 24 year old who has 3 years experience already.

He averages almost 10 rebounds and 2 assists in his career. And he can score against anybody. Monroe/Sully/KO/Zeller is a very young, formidable front court. And it takes longer for bigs to get their game together.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 11:22:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Monroe/Zeller
KO/Bass/Powell
Green/Young/Wallace
AB/Smart/Young
Turner/Pressey

Drummond
Sullinger
Smith
KCP
Rondo

works out for both team

If he wouldn't come here in the off-season when better teams are chasing him, why would he re-sign with a celtics team that just traded Rondo for him ? That would leave us with less talent, how would that be more attractive to him ?

Don't you think he would want to player with a PG that can get him the ball down low and easy looks instead of Evan Turner and Bradley as his starting back court?

Rondo or not Monroe will get plenty of touches. We have guys that can pass really well. 

You don't need to be a magician of a passer to pass the ball downlow for Monroe to do his work.

Monroe would rather come to the Celts bc of Green anyways

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 11:22:56 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Yeah, it's generally worthwhile to figure out whether the great game you see someone have against the Celts is a typical game or something well above their average.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 11:25:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Monroe can score on anyone.  He is kind of like big al down low

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 11:49:29 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Monroe can score on anyone.  He is kind of like big al down low

Most bigs who can score on anyone get more than 13 ppg though.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:56:56 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Monroe/Zeller
KO/Bass/Powell
Green/Young/Wallace
AB/Smart/Young
Turner/Pressey

Drummond
Sullinger
Smith
KCP
Rondo

works out for both team

Rondo or not Monroe will get plenty of touches. We have guys that can pass really well. 

You don't need to be a magician of a passer to pass the ball downlow for Monroe to do his work.

Monroe would rather come to the Celts bc of Green anyways

Ok but still, you said yourself it's doubtful he'll come here in the offseason.  I know you dont like Rondo, but youre just gonna throw away Sullinger??

i was impressed with him too tonight, but the defense we played on him was atrocious.
Greg

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Every Center is impressive against us.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14