Author Topic: What would be an acceptable package for Al Horford?  (Read 4912 times)

What would be an acceptable package for Al Horford?
« on: December 03, 2014, 04:35:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would love to go for Horford. But it means either KO or Sully will be moved for a Center, as I think Horford should be at PF.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: What would be an acceptable package for Al Horford?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 04:37:02 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I would love to go for Horford. But it means either KO or Sully will be moved for a Center, as I think Horford should be at PF.

I would absolutely do a Sully/KO and pieces for grab Horford in a heartbeat. Throw in a first rounder too!

Rondo/Green/Horford

not great, but it's a start...still many many pieces away and as you said, still need a defensive center

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I would absolutely do a Sully/KO and pieces for grab Horford in a heartbeat. Throw in a first rounder too!

Rondo/Green/Horford

not great, but it's a start...still many many pieces away and as you said, still need a defensive center

Very true. At this point I would love to go for Sanders if we get Horford.

A healthy Horford is a top 20 player. People also don't tale into account how great of a passer he is.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas

Rondo/Green/Horford

A healthy Horford is a top 20 player. People also don't tale into account how great of a passer he is.

Would Sanders then play a Serge Ibaka kinda role?

Rondo/Green/Horford/Sanders

Are either of the 4 real max players? Can we afford a real go-to-scorer max player? I mean we can probably package Green and a few other players and a lot of first rounders for an elite (if possible) player.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 04:42:51 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
For AL Horford, heck I will go past acceptable. I would overpay for Al Horford.

Tell ATL that 2 first round picks will be included, and you can have anyone you want outside of Rondo and Green.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 04:49:27 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Why would Atlanta trade Horford?
It's nice that after every celtics game somebody on the other team "traded" to the celtics for inferior things.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Rondo/Green/Horford

Are either of the 4 real max players? Can we afford a real go-to-scorer max player? I mean we can probably package Green and a few other players and a lot of first rounders for an elite (if possible) player.

I would prefer Gay over Green in that lineup
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas

Rondo/Green/Horford

I would prefer Gay over Green in that lineup

interesting, now Gay signed an extension, I don't think it's possible we can grab him. I may want to overpay for Horford but I don't necessarily want to overpay for Gay

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 04:54:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
It's nice that after every celtics game somebody on the other team "traded" to the celtics for inferior things.

Why are you always so negative?

Why would Atlanta trade us Horford? Maybe, cause they played well last year despite their record towards the end of the regular season and playoffs. Plus Horford is injury prone.. They admitted that Horford has been on the trade block and reached out to a few teams, and I'm pretty sure the Celtics were one of them.

The Hawks are trying to bring in more prospects, and have cap space with picks.

Who has expiring contracts, prospects and picks?

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 04:55:36 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Did you guys watch him yesterday dude is overrated his best years are behind him
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 04:57:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Did you guys watch him yesterday dude is overrated his best years are behind him

Coming off an season ending injury usually equates to rust. Horford's game revolves around mid range, intelligent defense, and smart court vision. He fits CBS's system well.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 05:19:31 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Did you see him last Wednesday when he went 23/9/4 assists/2 blocks/69% shooting in 32 minutes against the Raptors?

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 05:34:53 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13

Why would Atlanta trade us Horford? Maybe, cause they played well last year despite their record towards the end of the regular season and playoffs. Plus Horford is injury prone.. They admitted that Horford has been on the trade block and reached out to a few teams, and I'm pretty sure the Celtics were one of them.

First of all you don't know what the Atlanta Hawks want (Actually nobody knows what's their plan.)

I don't believe in fairytales. And I don't think the assets you would give up worth more than Horford. Would you give up your celtics pick next year? All the other assets you and others talk about are not enough for an all star player. Would you give up Rondo for Olynyk plus a first in the 20-30 range? And Horford is not an expiring like Rondo.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 06:02:59 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

First of all you don't know what the Atlanta Hawks want (Actually nobody knows what's their plan.)

I don't believe in fairytales. And I don't think the assets you would give up worth more than Horford. Would you give up your celtics pick next year? All the other assets you and others talk about are not enough for an all star player. Would you give up Rondo for Olynyk plus a first in the 20-30 range? And Horford is not an expiring like Rondo.

The topic is "What would be an acceptable package for Al Horford?"  Nobody is claiming that it will get done if someone on this board suggests a good deal for Atlanta.  It's a discussion.  If you think it's a silly discussion, then move on.  No need to p--- on everyone's parade. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 06:06:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
For AL Horford, heck I will go past acceptable. I would overpay for Al Horford.

Tell ATL that 2 first round picks will be included, and you can have anyone you want outside of Rondo and Green.
I would overpay as well.  Why won't oakafor just sign with us?