Author Topic: Possible trade idea to improve this team  (Read 4412 times)

Re: Possible trade idea to improve this team
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 09:52:29 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm not so sure that Monroe wouldn't solve any of our problems.

Our problem now is that we have one center who is a productive scorer but very bad defender (Olynyk) and we have one center who is an average defender who is not very productive on offence (Zeller).

Defensiveness we're actually pretty good with Zeller and Sully on the court,  so I don't think we need an elite rim protector,  just a decent one.

Monroe as a rim protector is dead on average (same as Zeller basicaly)  so having him on the court would be like having Zellers defense with Olynyk's offense...at the same time.  Big improvement over where we are now.

As long as the guy we have isn't a liability on defense I think we're fine.

The key point is that we'd have a legit low post threat who has the size to match up with 7 footers, and we'd be absolutely dominant on the boards.

Downside is that making this trade leaves us short a starting SF...which is why i looked to the R.Gay option.  I do think the latter is a long shot,  but Sacramento have been trying to trade for Rondo for years now,  right?  Is there any better chance of sac keeps McLemore and sends Stauska instead, and we throw in a Brooklyn 1st?